Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overthelove)
    When my sister got hers, everyone stood in a queue and they handed out the envelope to each individual. Also happened to my friend who received hers last week! I think it's mean if they read them out, and tbh, they probably won't, and they may already know how everyone's done anyway!

Good Luck
    Thank you and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    What is everybody doing today? Any plans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousuf5465)
    Same here, I thought the science grade boundaries would be high, I hope the examiners did not mark it harshly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They prob did mark the papers harshly but in spite of that, we just gotta hope for the best. I hope you get the grades you wanted and I'm sure u will be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sea Bass)
    Who is going to be opening results by themselves in a corner somewhere, and who's going to open them with friends or with lots of people nearby??
    Definitely opening by myself in a corner, need to be alone to understand all the jumbled up letters and numbers haha

If they're good I'll stay for a bit but probably not tell many people I know what I got, if they're bad I'll just go straight home:rolleyes: you?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/education...des?CMP=twt_fd

ReputationRep:
    What is everybody doing today? Any plans?
    I'm pretty much gonna be playing on my ps3 lol, trying my best not to think about results day tomoz

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie238)
    Definitely opening by myself in a corner, need to be alone to understand all the jumbled up letters and numbers haha

If they're good I'll stay for a bit but probably not tell many people I know what I got, if they're bad I'll just go straight home:rolleyes: you?
    Exactly the same as you.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same as you.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    GCSE RESULTS DAY 2013

Here, we can discuss results day - our excitement, nerves, predictions and overall grades on the day!

• When is results day? Thursday 22nd August
    • I'm scared about my friends asking me what I got, what shall I do? Don't open your results in front of them. If you do, pull the :ninja: face
    • I didn't do as well as I thought, what shall I do? You have a couple of options here. First think about the subject, if it was a Maths/Science it is unlikely to be marked wrong (though it does happen). If it is an English/essay based, you may want to consider a remark. You also have the option of resitting.

"TSR and the real world is different. In the TSR world if you achieve anything less than 56 A*'s you are a failure."

Don't compare your grades with TSR users, please. Just don't.

Funny story:
    Last year I went on holiday during results day. So I checked my Geography Edexcel result online at 6AM (America time) and read a big "F" - freaked out then went back to sleep. Didn't even tell my parents what it was. Came back to England, realised the "F" stood for "Female" and I actually got an A*

GCSE NO DISCUSSION THREAD: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2386104
    in did exactly this last year! had a complete freak out and my physics teacher was like 'it stands for female anabelle'! never laughed so much in my life!

ReputationRep:
    Well that settles it, I got an A* for that bio unit 3. Whether or not I got it overall just makes me :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone make predictions now that boundaries are out? No breakdown, just random letters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    Anyone make predictions now that boundaries are out? No breakdown, just random letters
    I have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I have
    Did you even need to look at the boundaries? :colonhash:

ReputationRep:
    Did you even need to look at the boundaries? :colonhash:
    Yes! RE has lowered my expectations I need someone to download the edexcel UMS converter

ReputationRep:
    Yes! RE has lowered my expectations I need someone to download the edexcel UMS converter
    Why can't you do it? Do you need it for R.E?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I was talking to my friend about results yesterday and there was something we're not sure about...
    I don't know if this varies for different exam boards, but we're doing WJEC. So, if in January you had a grade, which you decided to resit in May, would it be the highest grade that stands or the most recent? For example, in January I got a B so I resat it, but say (worst case scenario) I did worse this time round, would they count my most recent worse grade or my B from January?

ReputationRep:
    Which unit, i can check, but they are ridiculously high, maybe they marked fairly?

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you do it? Do you need it for R.E?
    Phone won't do it, I want to see what UMS my art coursework is, and then what I'd need for the exam for an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAARGH one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 24 hours!!!!! :woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SklIsMentalAbuse)
    Thank you . How did you find the exam and did you receive your coursework marks? Also what do you think you'll get overall?
    The exam was okay. I got my actual marks whereas my friend got an overall percentage so I guess it depends on the school. We hope for an A*. What about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.