Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Count to 100 before a Mod, Section Leader or Admin posts thread MK XX Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Visual Basic, a little Pascal, and a project in A2 where you had to write your own progam.

Rarely. No more stats puzzles!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What kind of program?:curious:

But they're numbers related!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tortious)
    Heh, not that much - the Law Society is a given (I'm a lawyer-to-be), and I always wanted to take up karate/martial arts but never got around to it. :no:

This reminds me of the standard Reddit question: "Would you rather fight one hundred duck-sized horses, or one horse-sized duck?". The sheer weight of numbers is a little terrifying, but I'd just lead them all on and then set them making out with each other. :rofl:

EDIT:

Entirely possible... :mmm:
    You're going to be a lawyer? Awesome, so's my cousin Strangely enough, she's also gay...Charlotte? Is that you?!

(Though she went to KCL )

That would probably work...there was an epic event at the end of last year where the other bi girl in my year and a highly bicurious one started making out in English on a bet...the teacher nearly had a stroke :rofl: And then they both got called in for PDA...brilliant.

And that article, just - oh. My. God.

ReputationRep:
    In fairness (not that I've looked too closely), they do seem to be made of little more than plasterboard! :p:
    Imagine if the wall broke :teehee:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by incipientT)
    What kind of program?:curious:

But their numbers related!
    I think it had to be educational in some way. Mine was to teach violin. You had to do a written piece of coursework alongside it, which was lame.

I don't like stats :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Dragons Den :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Heh, not that much - the Law Society is a given (I'm a lawyer-to-be), and I always wanted to take up karate/martial arts but never got around to it. :no:

Entirely possible... :mmm:
    Nice

ReputationRep:
    I think it had to be educational in some way. Mine was to teach violin. You had to do a written piece of coursework alongside it, which was lame.

I don't like stats :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm just curious, a levels in computing is probably what most people on my will have. I'd like to know what they know

Teach violin? I mean, it can't correct their technique...I'm not sure I know what you mean...

A written piece of course work? On programming?

I'll try not to bore you with them. Promise

(Original post by paradoxicalme)
      You're going to be a lawyer? Awesome, so's my cousin Strangely enough, she's also gay...Charlotte? Is that you?!

(Though she went to KCL )
      :teeth:

(Yeah, I'm on the LPC at the moment and I can tell it's going to be an interesting year. :teehee: Is she staying in London? What kind of law is she going into? (Feel free to move this to PMs if you'd rather not discuss it all publicly. :p:))

That would probably work...there was an epic event at the end of last year where the other bi girl in my year and a highly bicurious one started making out in English on a bet...the teacher nearly had a stroke :rofl: And then they both got called in for PDA...brilliant.

And that article, just - oh. My. God.
      What kind of school did you go to?! I genuinely can't think of anything "scandalous" that occurred at my school. :indiff:

(Original post by Splenge007)
      Imagine if the wall broke :teehee:
      It wouldn't surprise me - a corner of my friend's room (at Newnham) got trashed because there was a leak on the floor above and loads of water came through her ceiling. It was all repaired, but from the parts of the ceiling that I saw it didn't look that sturdy. :no:

(Original post by keromedic)
        Nice
        Thanks. :yy: You thinking of applying?
        • TSR Support Team
        • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
        I'm just curious, a levels in computing is probably what most people on my will have. I'd like to know what they know

Teach violin? I mean, it can't correct their technique...I'm not sure I know what you mean...

A written piece of course work? On programming?
        Fair enough.

Like, the notes and how to play them. It did sound clips as well :yy:

Yeah, analysis, design, testing, maintenance, conclusion-type-thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
        • TSR Support Team
        • Very Important Poster
        • Reporter Team
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        Thanks. :yy: You thinking of applying?
        Yep. Next year though to Newnham :P

ReputationRep:
        Fair enough.

Like, the notes and how to play them. It did sound clips as well :yy:

Yeah, analysis, design, testing, maintenance, conclusion-type-thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
        So it was an assisting tool? Or sort of a digital tutor?

Ah, right. The theory stuff. I'm surprised they didn't just make the program requirements more complex and see how well the program was...Can't really write a big program without using those things.

Yep. Next year though to Newnham :P
          You don't have to apply to Newnham to visit it. If you're that obsessed though, go for Selwyn - good food, not too far from the centre, and over the road (ish) from Newnham. :p:
          • TSR Support Team
          • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
          So it was an assisting tool? Or sort of a digital tutor?

Ah, right. The theory stuff. I'm surprised they didn't just make the program requirements more complex and see how well the program was...Can't really write a big program without using those things.
          Kinda both? I dunno. It's hard to explain

Well there were score limitations based on programme complexity. They didn't actually get given a copy of the program, just the written stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
          • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
          x
          You'll be happy to know that I am writing everything last minute again :erm: However, I have it all on paper

(Original post by cpdavis)
            You'll be happy to know that I am writing everything last minute again :erm: However, I have it all on paper
            "Splenge" sounds a bit like "splurge" - it makes me think of the panicked bull****ting you were doing earlier this evening. :teehee:

:wavey:
            Out of curiosity, what does your username mean? :holmes:
            • TSR Support Team
            • Very Important Poster
            • Reporter Team
            • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
            You don't have to apply to Newnham to visit it. If you're that obsessed though, go for Selwyn - good food, not too far from the centre, and over the road (ish) from Newnham. :p:
            Sweet. Do u think there should still be girl colleges?

ReputationRep:
            Kinda both? I dunno. It's hard to explain

Well there were score limitations based on programme complexity. They didn't actually get given a copy of the program, just the written stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
            you might have to use a paragraph to explain. Sorry:console:

What?? how can they evaluate your program if they don't have a copy? How do they evaluate program complexity, anyway? Not an easy thing to do...

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by cpdavis)
            :eek: Don't you need to type it up later?

what time you seeing your supervisor?

I'm beginning to wonder if you'll have enough time for sleep now

Sweet. Do u think there should still be girl colleges?
              Eh, I'm not really sure, having not thought about it before. I can see the arguments on both sides, really - if I were starting again I'm not sure it'd occur to me to have women-only colleges, but I'm not sure they're causing any "harm". Those who'd prefer a mixed-sex college can apply elsewhere (since most of the colleges are actually fairly similar), but equally those who'd like a female-only environment have that too.

It does beg the question why we don't have one remaining men-only college though. :dontknow:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
            Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.