Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGear)
    It's obvious that you hate Arsene Wenger and that is not what we need right here
    Loool, aww diddums did I hurt your feelings because I don't agree with you? Cry me a river. I really couldn't give a flying ****, if you refuse to acknowledge that what I have said is true. You AKBs are all the same, in though one ear and out the other! :rolleyes:

The FA Cup should have been his Swanson, not the cue for a new contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Who would you like to replace Arsene?

Klopp and Simeone would have been my two, Martinez as a back up.

And before anyone points to this and that about Klopp and Simeone respectively, I can think of exactly 8 million reasons that come in pound form that may change their mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    What's happen at united will never happen with us. We don't have an egotistical old man that'll get choose the new manager without going through the process. Saying what you may about Gazidis and Stan, when it comes to hiring coaches, Americans are very good at it. I'm sure they'll find someone more competent than Moyes without much problem.
    That a very naive view. Arsenal aren't guaranteed a top four place every season. Even Chelsea with all they're money dropped out of the top four. Only Wenger offered that consistency imo. Wenger was the only thing preventing Arsenal from turning into a Tottenham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Lool, no feel free to still believe in him, I just don't. But you AKBs are ****ing terrible and hurl abuse (both physical and verbal) at anyone who disagrees with you. Nothing I said is wrong, you just choose to ignore it because you are still riding Arsene's ****.
    Don't worry about it. I seem to remember lots of people here preferring Wenger to leave at the end of the season and wanting De Boer/Simeone/Garcia after the league crumble started in March. Fortunately for Wenger the FA cup has given him justification to stay, because why would he leave it until after the FA cup finished to sign...

ReputationRep:
    Great news Arsene is staying - 21 years if he survives the three years it'll be and counting. Incredible.

Now we just need to really dig deep in our pockets and buy a few quality players. We're coming back again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too fussed Wenger is staying. Tbf, if he quits being so damn stubborn about his transfer policy and lack of tactical flexibility, the next few years could be really promising. I think he deserves a chance to see what he can achieve with the quality players in our team, that he himself brought in and developed- Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshere etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Don't worry about it. I seem to remember lots of people here preferring Wenger to leave at the end of the season and wanting De Boer/Simeone/Garcia after the league crumble started in March. Fortunately for Wenger the FA cup has given him justification to stay, because why would he leave it until after the FA cup finished to sign...
    Exactly.

And that is entirely the Club's fault. Any Club with a backbone and strong Board would have told him "Are you signing, yes or now?" By allowing him to dither and delay, it turned the season from being about the team to being about Wenger, which he brought upon himself. All the talk leading up to the final was "If Arsenal lose, he should go/If Arsenal win, he should still go/If Arsenal win, he should go/If Arsenal win he should still go"

Hallmarks of an egomaniac imo.

If Arsene knew what he was going to do (You would think he had some idea in the summer of last season because he was entering the last year of his contract) he should have just signed it then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    That a very naive view. Arsenal aren't guaranteed a top four place every season. Even Chelsea with all they're money dropped out of the top four. Only Wenger offered that consistency imo. Wenger was the only thing preventing Arsenal from turning into a Tottenham
    It isn't, I'm in no way guaranteeing immediate success if he had been replaced but, lets not try and use the shambles at OT to think we will be in same situation and it'll all be doom and gloom. As I mentioned, we will hire a better manager than Moyes by default and this squad is much better than the one Moyes inherited. Also, with the money we have, we can offer the manager the chance to make the signing to improve the squad to his liking. Maybe it'll take a year or 2. But you point to united, I point to those lot from merseyside.

The chelsea situation wasn't helped by AVB's stubbornness and the player power at chelsea. I don't see that here. Tbh, if he had stayed, the would've probably finished in top 4. RDM :lol:

Spurs have Levy, thankfully but, Arsene has made us a stable top 4 club so I'll give him that.

ReputationRep:

Hallmarks of an egomaniac imo.
    Wenger is alot of things, but an egomaniac is certainly not one of them.

Baffled that anyone who's considered his personality over the years would come to that conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    The moment Arsene retires it will be an end of an era for Arsenal. Some fans are too spoiled by our past glory to appreciate what we are as a club today, where the only means of satisfying some is to only win trophies. Let's not forget who we're competing with at the top either. Of course by no means should we settle for being a regular mediocre 4th place club. That doesn't mean we can just rush Wenger out of the door. He's made us into the most stable club in the league and the fact that we've been using "rough diamonds/unknowns" to compete with the other top teams is an achievement in its self. There will never be anyone as close to Arsene Wenger so it's quite disrespectful to say that he deserves to be sacked (after 18 years).
    History will not repeat its self especially with the state of managers being hired/fired from left right and centre now adays.

I'm not part of the AKB brigade. I do think he's coming past his time as we've been exposed tactically in the big games this season where injuries don't excuse such results.
    I will still be happy to follow him into another 2/3 years however as I do believe things are only going to get better.

Arsene will be the best thing that ever happened to this club. We might not say it now but we'll say it after he retires.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Wenger is alot of things, but an egomaniac is certainly not one of them.

Baffled that anyone who's considered his personality over the years would come to that conclusion.
    Because for all of his love for Arsenal, he still puts himself first. He's too set in his ways and too stubborn to change.

As an AKB we will never agree on this, so I think all we can do is as a fanbase is hope and pray he changes his ways and goes out and spends the money.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Peggles when that news broke I thought of you :rofl:

Allow Arsene man, it feels right that he's staying. I can feel his hunger, I hope he acts upon it.

ReputationRep:
    Because for all of his love for Arsenal, he still puts himself first. He's too set in his ways and too stubborn to change.

As an AKB we will never agree on this, so I think all we can do is as a fanbase is hope and pray he changes his ways and goes out and spends the money.
    Did he put himself first when he rejected offers from Real Madrid, Monaco, PSG, and Bayern?

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, Klopps tied down until 2018? A year after Arsene's contract expires. So maybe, just maybe after three years Klopp will come in.

It's real good to see Wenger staying though

ReputationRep:
    When you look at the characters in the league next season :

Wenger
    Van Gaal
    Mourinho
    Rodgers
    Martinez
    Pochettino
    Pellergrini

That is some fiesty top 7

Especially with new stars being made in the world cup and big transfers happening, next season is going to be entertaining as hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    When you look at the characters in the league next season :

Wenger
    Van Gaal
    Mourinho
    Rodgers
    Martinez
    Pochettino
    Pellergrini

That is some fiesty top 7

Especially with new stars being made in the world cup and big transfers happening, next season is going to be entertaining as hell
    I wouldnt call Pochettino or Pellegrini characters tbf, by South American, Simeone standards they are not exactly going to provide too much action.

Will be hilarious to see Mourinho go his 3rd season winning **** all though, wonder who he will blame this time? :laugh:

(Original post by SHOO)
    To be fair, Klopps tied down until 2018? A year after Arsene's contract expires. So maybe, just maybe after three years Klopp will come in.

It's real good to see Wenger staying though
    Dont forget Guardiola. He's unlikely to stay longer than 3 years at Bayern, and then he probably wont go back to Spain leaving England as the most likely destination...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt call Pochettino or Pellegrini characters tbf, by South American, Simeone standards they are not exactly going to provide too much action.

Will be hilarious to see Mourinho go his 3rd season winning **** all though, wonder who he will blame this time? :laugh:
    Yeah I get what you're saying but it's more in regards to competition and tightness of the league too.

I have a feeling that Pochettino will do well with Tottenham. They've already said that he won't be fired for not achieving CL (alleviating pressure) so he could become a stable manager for them.

The thing I'm looking forward to the most is Van gaal schooling Mourinho again like old times :rolleyes: , by then he'll honestly be speechless - can't see him blaming anything

ReputationRep:

Dont forget Guardiola. He's unlikely to stay longer than 3 years at Bayern, and then he probably wont go back to Spain leaving England as the most likely destination...
    Guardiola would be interesting. His style compliments the club quite well and he's already trophy proven :lol:

I doubt we'd be the first to get him though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Yeah I get what you're saying but it's more in regards to competition and tightness of the league too.

I have a feeling that Pochettino will do well with Tottenham. They've already said that he won't be fired for not achieving CL (alleviating pressure) so he could become a stable manager for them.

The thing I'm looking forward to the most is Van gaal schooling Mourinho again like old times :rolleyes: , by then he'll honestly be speechless - can't see him blaming anything
    Spurs are actually a promising little team. Easy to mock players like Lamela but he could easily take off next season and look like a £30m player, the youve got Eriksen, Capoue, Dembele etc and they have a proper midfield. Top GK, decent CBs as well so they really need just wing backs and Adebayor to play to potential for them to be right up there. Dont really rate Pochettino though, at all.

Van Gaal could well be a disaster. Many Utd fans have convinced themselves that the problem this year was Moyes and that a few transfers will get them back where they were when they need about 7 first team players to do that. That and the fact Van Gaal is a nutcase who alienates everyone around him given enough time.

ReputationRep:

does he? if he put himself first he would have splashed the cash, bought some decent players and if it didn't work out then move on. instead he thinks of the longevity of the club to ensure that we are still competing in years to come and are self sufficient so when he does leave we can still perform at a top level. I would go as far as saying he loves the club more than most of us do.

Also on your point about always having all this money (I know you've wanted an answer to this since time ago lol); Wenger does spend, lets not be clouded by some of his more bargain bucket windows. In the last 3 years he has spent around 150mil(utd spent around 170m in same period i think), and last year he didn't even bring in any unknown high potential young players. Giroud, Cazorla, BFG, Ox, Jenko, Podolski, Ozil are just some of the names he bought in the 3 year period. All being very much worth their price tag. It is clear that Wenger is ready to change in the transfer market, this is shown by his spending patterns. Don't compare our spending to Chelseas either because we aren't sugardaddied like dat.

Wrt his duds, every manager gets those so its irrelevant. Also the January window stuff, we were linked to quite a few strikers and I believed Arsene expressed his desire to get a striker. He wasn't just cotchin, he could have done better but what strikers did end up moving in Jan? If Ramsey came back on time and didn't get injured again, Kallstrom would have been surplus and I doubt we would have used him.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.