Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from St John's yet? For any subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMash)
    So everyone has applied to Oxford here.
    Funny when someone doesn't get in and for the rest of their life envies their friend who did get in.
    Genuine advice: Only apply to Oxford if you're brave enough to face the possible rejection.
    True that, but I feel that people in the TSR community, for what I've seen are just wonderfully supportive- be it news about rejection/ interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LevCrofts)
    Yeah, someone heard for Maths St. John. In another 24 hours approximately, there should be a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wave of invitations and rejections coming your way.

Next week most interview and rejection will probably be given out. If you havent heard by the end of next week, your chances of an interview is not looking good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applicant201613)
    Yeah, someone heard for Maths St. John. In another 24 hours approximately, there should be a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wave of invitations and rejections coming your way.

Next week most interview and rejection will probably be given out. If you havent heard by the end of next week, your chances of an interview is not looking good.
    As long as he doesn't receive a rejection, he won't know whether he's accepted. being contacted later doesn't mean you're a weaker applicant

ReputationRep:
    Yoooolloooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    I want sommeeee decisionsssssss in 24 hourssssssss orrr ellsseeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanieleZ)
    As long as he doesn't receive a rejection, he won't know whether he's accepted. being contacted later doesn't mean you're a weaker applicant
    OKEY

ReputationRep:

Unless you're a medic of course, who are supposed to hear the week after next (ie on the 2nd of December :lol: )

ReputationRep:

Why approximately 24 hours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orangemonkey1)
    No I haven't got the dates yet. From the email I understand we don't do the survey until they tell us the day??
    I think so. Good luck to you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Britha)
    Why approximately 24 hours?
    It;s monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lezhi)
    I think so. Good luck to you!!!
    Hmm, what survey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nancy97)
    Really?! Congrats, wish you all the best!!!
    But they send email even on weekends? Seriously?! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no i got it on wednesday haha! but thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we hear something next week. I imagine I won't hear until the 2nd of December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Unless you're a medic of course, who are supposed to hear the week after next (ie on the 2nd of December :lol: )
    Medics are a good career, but holy **** ten years of university is going to ****ing kill me. I would rather jump off a cliff than ten more years of university,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LevCrofts)
    If you go on their website it says the subjects they've sent offers for :

http://www.sjc.ox.ac.uk/2963/Candidates'-News.html

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karina_xo)
    If you go on their website it says the subjects they've sent offers for :

http://www.sjc.ox.ac.uk/2963/Candidates'-News.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow its Jan 5. That's hella early. It used to be Jan 8. Do you know if they email you first on Jan 5?

ReputationRep:
    Wow its Jan 5. That's hella early. It used to be Jan 8. Do you know if they email you first on Jan 5?
    They don't emails if I remember correctly, but letters through the post which you will receive ont he 6th of january

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    Will the physics administrators hurry the **** up? The wait is pissing me off more than the mathematicians expressing their egos..
    same:/ still waiting

ReputationRep:
    This wait is too long. My friend heard from Cambridge on the 8th! I understand they interview fewer people but this wait needn't be so long tbh. I wish the admissions tests and deadlines for written work for earlier so decisions could be made more quickly. Ah well, not much we can do other than sit tight and wait. I'll know in 10 days at most so not that long.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.