Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    as much as england bored me tonight, atleast we are not loosing to a country that I had to google to remember where it was..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32140214

(maybe its just my geography being bad though)
    Bizarrely they're in the top 50 in the World Rankings, one above Scotland and one below Wales. Never heard of the country before, nor their players ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    I have been very patient with him for the 3 months he has been back, but well, it has been 3 months now, and he does not look that close to his old self. Not like he has been rushed into the team either, but a gradual set of games and minutes spread out over 3 months.

I dont think his record is to poor, 3 goals in 13 apps.. but his performances so far, have just been really disapointing all round, not just that he is missing chances he used to put away, but his general all round game just seems lacking badly.
    The guy hadn't even played 9 hours of competitive football (or the equivalent of 6 games) since he's been back from one of the worst injuries you can get.

If Wenger was like you Ramsey would have been gone 2 years ago because despite he had his leg snapped in two "I've been patient for 3 months" and he still isn't performing like he was before his horrific injury.

He is still getting into the right areas and once he gets his eye in again I have no doubt he'll be banging them in for fun. I'm not surprised if he wants to leave, it must be pretty ****ing boring having fans love you for a couple months then tryig to knock you back down after such a bad injury

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's 3 months (just about) back after over a year out. And he's barely had any minutes. Calm down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    We can't keep doing that, we can't say things like "we have the ox and i know he gets injured but then we have wellington silva, campbell and gnabry" because silva has no experience in the PL and is 22 already, I really don't see him or Campbell with a future at the Emirates. Gnabry is a future prospect because he's no where near an Arsenal winger at the moment, he's good but he's not quite there. Sterling and Theo are ahead of all three. Ox is the exception but he's so injury prone.

You're right about the clinical player, that's who we need. If selling Theo means we get Reus then that's progression, and exactly what we need tbh.

Been thinking this for a while, but Reus would be the correct replacement for Theo. Not quite sure about Sterling to Arsenal. Liverpool will charge us a lot more and they have a bitter taste because of the Suarez bid so they'll be a ***** about the whole thing. Wouldn't pay a huge price for Sterling, we can get something similar for cheaper.
    I got a feeling that after witnessing the terrible squad fergie left behind for moyes/Van Gaal to pick up the pieces. I reckon Wenger building a squad with a strong foundation to build on. Having noticed that we a complete team rather than a one man team. I have strong belief that within the next two years we are going to win something big and then Wenger will leave on a high.
    Only then we will be able to get a manager that can win us the champions league preferably Ancelotti given his record in europe and experience with Chelsea.
    Ambitious mangers know you can't have inexperience as a back up for injury prone players, and that you can't go into a league with only two senior CB! also he will demand money to spend on clinical, ruthless players that want to win.
    It would be a dream if we could sign Pogba and Aguero(as revenge for all the players man city bought from us).

I really feel City are on the decline, Kompany been awful Yaya ageing they only have few top players left Aguero, Silva and Zabaleta. Very soon their owner will make a decision whether to invest 300mil to update there squad with the top players of today and then this will happen again after 5 years or to stop investing forcing managers to learn from Wenger to be consistent in getting top 4 with a small budget.

So our only challengers after Wenger will be Man utd and Chelsea. Liverpool will loose faith with Rodgers youth policy and players like sterling/sturridge will leave for trophies, ultimately making liverpool the shop for big clubs. Tottenham will sack Pochetitto for some stupid reason and there hopes of getting top four will remain a dream forever.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, do you reckon we were lucky that the Arabs invested in City to troll united rather than Tottenham. Imagine if Tottenham got 500mil budget and got aguero,silva,toure..etc especially because Ethiad and Emirates are Rivals. We dodged the bullet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jgco2chem)
    I got a feeling that after witnessing the terrible squad fergie left behind for moyes/Van Gaal to pick up the pieces. I reckon Wenger building a squad with a strong foundation to build on. Having noticed that we a complete team rather than a one man team. I have strong belief that within the next two years we are going to win something big and then Wenger will leave on a high.
    Only then we will be able to get a manager that can win us the champions league preferably Ancelotti given his record in europe and experience with Chelsea.
    Ambitious mangers know you can't have inexperience as a back up for injury prone players, and that you can't go into a league with only two senior CB! also he will demand money to spend on clinical, ruthless players that want to win.
    It would be a dream if we could sign Pogba and Aguero(as revenge for all the players man city bought from us).

I really feel City are on the decline, Kompany been awful Yaya ageing they only have few top players left Aguero, Silva and Zabaleta. Very soon their owner will make a decision whether to invest 300mil to update there squad with the top players of today and then this will happen again after 5 years or to stop investing forcing managers to learn from Wenger to be consistent in getting top 4 with a small budget.

So our only challengers after Wenger will be Man utd and Chelsea. Liverpool will loose faith with Rodgers youth policy and players like sterling/sturridge will leave for trophies, ultimately making liverpool the shop for big clubs. Tottenham will sack Pochetitto for some stupid reason and there hopes of getting top four will remain a dream forever.
    They can't invest anything though due to FFP, that's where they are ****ed. They have no young and upcoming players to replace their top players and it will be difficult to sell their old and declining ones to afford top quality replacements. The only way is to follow the Wenger model but there are few managers who can do that. If there is a team Liverpool (or any other top 4 contender) have the highest chance of knocking out of the top 4, it's City.

ReputationRep:
    Gibbs should of scored, but he was more creative than our whole midfield until Barkley came on. However I get so annoyed when he cuts inside and passes backwards and sides, he really needs to play the ball down the line and work the wing to get the crosses through.

This game England were missing a lot of players, getting a draw was good we should of pinched a victory, we lack players who can hold the ball in the midfield and slow down and dictate the play, because we either pass between defenders/goalkeeper or drive at pace hoping not to loose possession.
    I'm not sure if this is caused I support United but before the game i was totally expecting a 5-3-2 formation. Jones Jagieka Smalling as a back three, Gibbs and Clyne as wingbacks, Henderson, Delph in the center with Rooney the advanced one, Walcott and Kane up front. That would have probably been better than a diamond tbh.. or maybe not it sounds like Jones had a torrid time in midfield and England ahd no width.

Idk if he should have started Walcott, I guess he's trying a new system but i would have been more excited to have seen Barkley in Rooney role and Rooney and Kane up top. Walcott doesn't really offer much but pace up front which I don't think is really enough these days unless you have a cracking finish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Have you seen him play this season? One of the most consistent RBs in the PL.

Pretty sure ozil is the only footballer you rate...
    He's still poor in the air, and very clumsy.

I rate Ramsey and Koscielny too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    They can't invest anything though due to FFP, that's where they are ****ed. They have no young and upcoming players to replace their top players and it will be difficult to sell their old and declining ones to afford top quality replacements. The only way is to follow the Wenger model but there are few managers who can do that. If there is a team Liverpool (or any other top 4 contender) have the highest chance of knocking out of the top 4, it's City.
    City have spent 675mil to win 3 trophies (two league titles and a Fa Cup), and to continuously struggle in Europe.
    Since Wenger we arsenal spent 490mil = Invincibles + 3 league titles + 5 Fa Cups + Runners up in champions league.

There is no one that can do what Wenger has done.

ReputationRep:
    City have spent 675mil to win 3 trophies (two league titles and a Fa Cup), and to continuously struggle in Europe.
    Since Wenger we arsenal spent 490mil = Invincibles + 3 league titles + 5 Fa Cups + Runners up in champions league.

There is no one that can do what Wenger has done.
    Lol you Wenger fanboys are deluded. Simeone won the La Liga + Copa Del Rey + CL Final with less money spent and was competing with better teams and that's only in 3 years

ReputationRep:
    I swear Delph must have made a pact with the devil in return for people being tricked into thinking he is good enough to play for England.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we've bidded for this Dybala chap, I just don't seem him being the 'galactico' for us this summer.

If we do sign him, Theo is a goner though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Lol you Wenger fanboys are deluded. Simeone won the La Liga + Copa Del Rey + CL Final with less money spent and was competing with better teams and that's only in 3 years
    Do you even support Arsenal?
    Simeone good but there are only two better teams Real/Barca the rest are awful apart from sociedad/valencia in comparison to the premier league any team can win depending on their passion.

ReputationRep:
    Do you even support Arsenal?
    Simeone good but there are only two better teams Real/Barca the rest are awful apart from sociedad/valencia in comparison to the premier league any team can win depending on their passion.
    I am a loyal Arsenal fan but I also don't support Wenger. This is a common argument of the English elitist that the BPL is a tougher league. Yet and still the La Liga continues to defeat the BPL teams in both the CL and EL. Not only that but they are regarded as the best league by UEFA.

Simeone won the league because he beat Real Madrid and drew with Barca in the final game of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal fans love to point out the 18 consecutive seasons in the Champions League, how about the fact you've reached only one final and one semi final? Arsenal are only there to make up the numbers as opposed to a serious challenge for the trophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Arsenal fans love to point out the 18 consecutive seasons in the Champions League, how about the fact you've reached only one final and one semi final? Arsenal are only there to make up the numbers as opposed to a serious challenge for the trophy.
    what was your user name before this one?

ReputationRep:
    Whispers in Germany that Reus is interested in a move to Arsenal link: here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Bizarrely they're in the top 50 in the World Rankings, one above Scotland and one below Wales. Never heard of the country before, nor their players ...
    Nani is from their originally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Whispers in Germany that Reus is interested in a move to Arsenal link: here
    It appears they want a straight swap deal. Reus for Diaby. Seems reasonable, although I think Reus is a tad too injury prone.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Diaby will never leave. The treatment room will be renamed after him sooner or later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.