The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr. Django
Have you seen him play this season? One of the most consistent RBs in the PL.

Pretty sure ozil is the only footballer you rate...

He's still poor in the air, and very clumsy.

I rate Ramsey and Koscielny too :wink:
Original post by samir12
They can't invest anything though due to FFP, that's where they are ****ed. They have no young and upcoming players to replace their top players and it will be difficult to sell their old and declining ones to afford top quality replacements. The only way is to follow the Wenger model but there are few managers who can do that. If there is a team Liverpool (or any other top 4 contender) have the highest chance of knocking out of the top 4, it's City.

City have spent 675mil to win 3 trophies (two league titles and a Fa Cup), and to continuously struggle in Europe.
Since Wenger we arsenal spent 490mil = Invincibles + 3 league titles + 5 Fa Cups + Runners up in champions league.

There is no one that can do what Wenger has done.
Original post by Jgco2chem
City have spent 675mil to win 3 trophies (two league titles and a Fa Cup), and to continuously struggle in Europe.
Since Wenger we arsenal spent 490mil = Invincibles + 3 league titles + 5 Fa Cups + Runners up in champions league.

There is no one that can do what Wenger has done.

Lol you Wenger fanboys are deluded. Simeone won the La Liga + Copa Del Rey + CL Final with less money spent and was competing with better teams and that's only in 3 years
I swear Delph must have made a pact with the devil in return for people being tricked into thinking he is good enough to play for England.
Apparently we've bidded for this Dybala chap, I just don't seem him being the 'galactico' for us this summer.

If we do sign him, Theo is a goner though.
Original post by al_94
Lol you Wenger fanboys are deluded. Simeone won the La Liga + Copa Del Rey + CL Final with less money spent and was competing with better teams and that's only in 3 years

Do you even support Arsenal?
Simeone good but there are only two better teams Real/Barca the rest are awful apart from sociedad/valencia in comparison to the premier league any team can win depending on their passion.
Do you even support Arsenal?
Simeone good but there are only two better teams Real/Barca the rest are awful apart from sociedad/valencia in comparison to the premier league any team can win depending on their passion.

I am a loyal Arsenal fan but I also don't support Wenger. This is a common argument of the English elitist that the BPL is a tougher league. Yet and still the La Liga continues to defeat the BPL teams in both the CL and EL. Not only that but they are regarded as the best league by UEFA.

Simeone won the league because he beat Real Madrid and drew with Barca in the final game of the season.
Arsenal fans love to point out the 18 consecutive seasons in the Champions League, how about the fact you've reached only one final and one semi final? Arsenal are only there to make up the numbers as opposed to a serious challenge for the trophy.
Original post by The Shed End
Arsenal fans love to point out the 18 consecutive seasons in the Champions League, how about the fact you've reached only one final and one semi final? Arsenal are only there to make up the numbers as opposed to a serious challenge for the trophy.

what was your user name before this one?
Whispers in Germany that Reus is interested in a move to Arsenal link: here
Original post by Gob Bluth
Bizarrely they're in the top 50 in the World Rankings, one above Scotland and one below Wales. Never heard of the country before, nor their players ...

Nani is from their originally.
Original post by Dirtybit
Whispers in Germany that Reus is interested in a move to Arsenal link: here

It appears they want a straight swap deal. Reus for Diaby. Seems reasonable, although I think Reus is a tad too injury prone.
Diaby will never leave. The treatment room will be renamed after him sooner or later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If this were the Victorian era, body snatchers would long ago have had Diaby away for dissection and medical research.
We don't need that shower of ****e Sterling. He can shove his 150k up his ass
Hey guys, do you reckon we were lucky that the Arabs invested in City to troll united rather than Tottenham. Imagine if Tottenham got 500mil budget and got aguero,silva,toure..etc especially because Ethiad and Emirates are Rivals. We dodged the bullet.

I was thinking exactly this a while ago, whilst I dislike city, if some Arab was going to come in and spend half a billion to make a quality team who would I have wanted it to be? Maybe he hated united as much as everyone else does and bought their local rivals and turned them into an incredible team just to troll....
Original post by AR_95
We don't need that shower of ****e Sterling. He can shove his 150k up his ass

Think you are wrong on this one! 20 years old, pace and quality touch with end product. could be and tbh already think he is twice the player walcott is.
Original post by leinad2012
I was thinking exactly this a while ago, whilst I dislike city, if some Arab was going to come in and spend half a billion to make a quality team who would I have wanted it to be? Maybe he hated united as much as everyone else does and bought their local rivals and turned them into an incredible team just to troll....

Ha valid point, rumour is that one of the arab owners is a massive arsenal fan and wanted them to buy arsenal but it was too much.

I'm glad its not us, wouldnt trade our principals to then be known as a oil rich team with bandwagon jumpers supporting our team!
Transfer gossip today that we're in for Harry Kane and that bellend from 1 direction. God journo's banter in April Fools day is just too much. Shame that their journo skills are so **** for the rest of the year that some of the stories today are as believable as the rest of the **** they churn out...:cool:
Mitrovic of Anderlecht being linked with an arsenal move as well

Latest