Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Perfect_Gent
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just saw the new trailer, it looks like a busy six weeks or whatever it is now.
Phobia27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Those fish alien things in Vampires in Venice were running from the Silence and came through a crack to Middle Ages Venice, so it would be safe to assume that there are Silence elsewhere in the Universe and they can probably travel through the cracks too (although those are now closed so it seems the Silence on Earth are trapped).
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Which is why they're building a proto-TARDIS
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
It wont be airing in America first. We will be getting it at the very latest on the 27th. They've just neglected to put out that information in their schedule release.
Yeah, which leaves all possible airing dates as the 13th, 20th and 27th. It won`t be the 13th as that schedule has already been announced with no doctor who. I think they will announce when soon. The 27th seems the most likely but we will know soon enough.
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by elitepower)
Yeah, which leaves all possible airing dates as the 13th, 20th and 27th. It won`t be the 13th as that schedule has already been announced with no doctor who. I think they will announce when soon. The 27th seems the most likely but we will know soon enough.
It's definitely not back on the 20th either.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BBC America have released a plot summary of Series 6 Part 2.

The wait is almost over. The second part of the thrilling new series of Doctor Who will soon return. The truth about River Song is out and the time has come for the Doctor to face his greatest demons. Venturing across centuries and galaxies, the Doctor, Amy and Rory will encounter the greatest war criminal in all of history – and Hitler. Together, they’ll discover there’s no scarier place in the universe than a child’s bedroom and a visit to an alien quarantine facility will reveal to Rory a very different side to his wife. In a hotel where walls move, corridors twist and rooms vanish, death lies waiting. But the Doctor’s time has yet to come. He has one last stop to make on his final journey – an old friend needs his help and an old foe must be defeated. But time catches up with us all and the Doctor can delay no more.

By the shores of Lake Silencio, in Utah, all of time and space hang in the balance. And a NASA astronaut is waiting.

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-6-pa...#ixzz1Uo5dwaDT
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The prequel (*cough*PROLOGUE) to Let's Kill Hitler will be out on Monday.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A new BBC America trailer with a couple of new bits in there.

elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do the BBC America have a bigger promotional budget? They seem to release a lot of trailers.
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's probably more just to do with the difference in the television climate between the UK and America. Things seem to not get advertised much in the UK until right until the series begins - except for Sky, who (for example) were advertising their acquisition of Glee back in like May - when they don't start airing it until September. This is reflected in the fact that the Beeb still haven't announced the return date (even though everyone has pretty much surmised the date).
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was just out shopping and I walked past a guy who had those headpieces in that the cybermen use to control humans. It had a flashing blue light and the guy looked really vacant... I was terrified when he started coming towards me!!
Rascacielos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
By the way, have we decided that Doctor Who comes out in England on the 27th? I've been away for a few days so I'm a bit behind!
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, we've decided - whether the BBC wants to tell us or not XD The chances of that date being wrong are extremely slim.
drbluebox
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
By the way, have we decided that Doctor Who comes out in England on the 27th? I've been away for a few days so I'm a bit behind!
in the whole of the UK! not just England.
Rascacielos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by drbluebox)
in the whole of the UK! not just England.
Fair point
dizzeedollee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
unless i'm mistaken they started showing the doctor who trailer on bbc for the first time today it only saya 'returns soon' at the end :K but i guess that kind of confirms that 27th august will be the air date because that is quite 'soon'?
Aleeece123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dizzeedollee)
unless i'm mistaken they started showing the doctor who trailer on bbc for the first time today it only saya 'returns soon' at the end :K but i guess that kind of confirms that 27th august will be the air date because that is quite 'soon'?
I saw it yesterday too, so I'm not sure when they started showing it. I'm assuming if the prequel for let's kill hitler is shown tomorrow then they should have a date for it then
HereBeDragons
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aleeece123)
I saw it yesterday too, so I'm not sure when they started showing it. I'm assuming if the prequel for let's kill hitler is shown tomorrow then they should have a date for it then
It was first shown at the end of the Torchwood episode 2 weeks ago
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh look, some more series 7 news (and we haven't even finished series 6 yet~)

Spoiler:
Show
Last week, it was rumoured that Amy and Rory will be leaving Doctor Who at the end of Series 6. Possibly returning at some point in the future.

In a new interview with SFX, Arthur Darvill was asked about his involvement next year in Series 7:

When we asked him bluntly, “Will you back in series seven?” Darvill replied, “I will be coming back at some point… There is an involvement in some way.”

So it sounds like the rumour may be accurate after all. Amy and Rory will guest star for a few episodes, but won’t be regular companions.

Source: Doctor Who TV http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/darvill-on-rorys-future-in-series-7-24265.htm#ixzz1V5kIoYWQ
Looks like they're doing a Martha~
chernid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well Karen Gillan has confirmed she is in Series 7. I don't know about Arthur Darvill so far. Next year it's just specials I think, as in spread throughout the year. As in 2013, it's the 50th Anniversary of "Who" and so the series is going to be "special" but not made of specials.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.72%
No - but I will (82)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (510)
47.62%

Watched Threads