Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries look OK actually...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why are the grade boundaries for Biology Unit 3 AQA so low? Does this mean we all did very bad?!

ReputationRep:
    Do all the isa's get moderated? (AQA)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiiNaa_)
    Why are the grade boundaries for Biology Unit 3 AQA so low? Does this mean we all did very bad?!
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overthelove)
    Did anyone do AQA English Literature? The exam on exploring modern texts, like To Kill a Mockingbird / The Crucible / The Woman in Black / Of Mice & Men?
    I did TKAM and The Crucible

I'm not too worried- they were what I expected. I really hope I've done well enough for an A!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mma_gal96)
    Guys, I was talking to my friend about results yesterday and there was something we're not sure about...
    I don't know if this varies for different exam boards, but we're doing WJEC. So, if in January you had a grade, which you decided to resit in May, would it be the highest grade that stands or the most recent? For example, in January I got a B so I resat it, but say (worst case scenario) I did worse this time round, would they count my most recent worse grade or my B from January?
    Not sure if this is any different for different exam boards, but when people resat the early maths that we did, the highest grade counts. Basically, you get qualification certificates for both exams. so you can pick which grade (obviously the highest) you want to use on CV's/ applications etc. Good luck tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the AQA grade boundaries, I knew the French listening was a lot harder than the Spanish, but the mark for an A* in French is 25/40 whereas for Spanish it's 32/40!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letthesunshine)
    Not sure if this is any different for different exam boards, but when people resat the early maths that we did, the highest grade counts. Basically, you get qualification certificates for both exams. so you can pick which grade (obviously the highest) you want to use on CV's/ applications etc. Good luck tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That would be because your school didnT cash in the early grade so when you resit it, if you got higher they would cash the higher one in instead. You don't get two qualifications though (I was in this position with my eng Lang)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Do all the isa's get moderated? (AQA)
    only a selected few from each class

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when grade boundaries are out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollipopsftw)
    Does anyone know when grade boundaries are out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    they're out...
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2312321

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiiNaa_)
    I know I personally lost all 7 marks on the last question, in addition to the usual 10ish marks I lose :laugh: so I'm extremely happy with the boundaries since I worked out I need 27/60 for an A* overall

ReputationRep:
    People who did edexcel iGCSE maths 3H and 4H:

The grade boundaries say the max mark is 100, but we did 2 papers, which were each 100 marks, so surely the max mark should be 200?

Can someone please explain how this works to me, or tell me if I'm just being stupid.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1377076913.747834.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  94.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mma_gal96)
    Guys, I was talking to my friend about results yesterday and there was something we're not sure about...
    I don't know if this varies for different exam boards, but we're doing WJEC. So, if in January you had a grade, which you decided to resit in May, would it be the highest grade that stands or the most recent? For example, in January I got a B so I resat it, but say (worst case scenario) I did worse this time round, would they count my most recent worse grade or my B from January?
    The B graade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one that's swapping my results with friends? So we can open each others.... Indeed, it spells disaster! I hope no-one fails or it'll be awful ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sea Bass)
    What is everybody doing today? Any plans?
    Gnna stay over at a friends house with some ppl and play a long game of monopoly to pass time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    74/80 for an A* in Psychology :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel5001)
    People who did edexcel iGCSE maths 3H and 4H:

The grade boundaries say the max mark is 100, but we did 2 papers, which were each 100 marks, so surely the max mark should be 200?

Can someone please explain how this works to me, or tell me if I'm just being stupid.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1377076913.747834.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  94.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think my math teacher had said they half the grades, not entirely sure though

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone with their GCSE results tomorrow x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.