Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logicalnonsense)
    Are you for real? Where has team play gotten us over the last 8 years? Not saying abandon team play but a slightly more "greedy" player in the calibre of a Suarez who can link up play, actually take on players, wants to score and is not afraid to shoot is something I'd really love to see.
    Point taken.

Thing is, nearly every attacking player we've bought in the last five years was bought because they took shots and stuff. Wenger just trains them to be like everyone else. We do need a shooter. Eduardo, Reyes, Cazorla, Rosicky were all bought for their long shooting ability. Only Cazorla, to an extent, has so far managed to bring his shooting ability to Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez is cold/detached enough to submit a transfer request.

The only thing I'd be worried about if I was an Arsenal fan = if another team noted the transfer fee you're willing to pay and matched it. i.e. RM/Bayern

ReputationRep:
    There goes Higuain. Will Arsene Wenger even consider putting pen to paper?
    Genuinely don't see Suarez moving to Arsenal when Madrid have offered him a deal. But then again, this is Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Genuinely don't see Suarez moving to Arsenal when Madrid have offered him a deal. But then again, this is Suarez.
    Higuain was not worth over 30 mil

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Higuain was not worth over 30 mil

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree, Napoli got ripped big time. I think 20 million would be around right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    You cant buy 2/3 world class players for 40m.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    RVP + Fabregas + Henry + Cambell + Pires +Ljungberg + Vieira + Cazola=40m

See, its easy if you know how

(Original post by cleveradam)
    32m was too much, his value was about 25m give or take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    RVP + Fabregas + Henry + Cambell + Pires +Ljungberg + Vieira + Cazola=40m

See, its easy if you know how
    I wouldn't say all of them were world class at the time when you bought them though.

And nowadays a "world class" player will usually set you back £30m minimum. Even those that show the potential to be world class like some of the players you listed are going for this much, it's mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I wouldn't say all of them were world class at the time when you bought them though.

And nowadays a "world class" player will usually set you back £30m minimum. Even those that show the potential to be world class like some of the players you listed are going for this much, it's mental.
    I agree its kind of become an artificial market because of the big money clubs. They are investing more in scouts as well so its difficult to find those hidden gems like before. Suarez would be a world class signing without a doubt but again it comes down to valuation and I don't think he is a £55m player. I don't think Wenger would go up by that much anyway. It depends on Real Madrid and whether they make an offer. Just feels like a rather boring, long chess game right now. Waiting on someone to make a move

ReputationRep:
    What does ffp actually do and when does it kick in. Obviously it's useless as **** or **** teams like Monaco wouldn't be spending so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    I agree its kind of become an artificial market because of the big money clubs. They are investing more in scouts as well so its difficult to find those hidden gems like before. Suarez would be a world class signing without a doubt but again it comes down to valuation and I don't think he is a £55m player. I don't think Wenger would go up by that much anyway. It depends on Real Madrid and whether they make an offer. Just feels like a rather boring, long chess game right now. Waiting on someone to make a move
    I thought £40m was a fair price for him, Pool are just being greedy and know that he's in demand by you and Real. But tbh Suarez, Cazorla and a fully fit Wilshere are all you need for a title challenge imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    1. They are similar in ability. Suarez is probably a better dribbler/chance creator whereas Cavani is more of a better finisher and gives an aerial threat.
    2. Suarez comes with a suitcase filled with 2+ years of PL experience.
    3. A few games, for which you'll have cover and for which we may be without Sturridge.
    4. You are our domestic league rivals; we play against you each year and I think this adds a couple of extra mils say compared to him leaving for sunny Spain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Neymar was 48 million. Neymar is 5 years younger and is better. Please tell me how Suarez is worth more money than Neymar.

40 million is enough for suarez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Neymar was 48 million. Neymar is 5 years younger and is better. Please tell me how Suarez is worth more money than Neymar.

Anyone who knows anything about football would tell you that at the moment, Suarez is better than Neymar. Suarez isn't worth £48m and Neymar certainly isn't..maybe his value is but thats because of the hype surrounding him which in part is because of his agent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I thought £40m was a fair price for him, Pool are just being greedy and know that he's in demand by you and Real. But tbh Suarez, Cazorla and a fully fit Wilshere are all you need for a title challenge imo.
    IKR, Liverpool don't realise Suarez wants to leave. It shouldn't even come down to a transfer request this is just getting a bit embarrassing for LFC thinking they're "holding firm". The Madrid fans have spoken, they want Bale not Suarez and Perez will deliver Bale to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)

wait, seriously? Suarez is better than Neymar without a shadow of a doubt. Neymar has potential to be better than Suarez, but there is no way he is right now. But as you said, Neymar has age on his side. i think 40mil would be a fair price for a foreign club, but a domestic club you're defintely looking at closer to 50mil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)

In what universe is Neymar superior to Suarez? Neymar has only ever played in the 3rd rate Brazilian League for a start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronHayward)
    wait, seriously? Suarez is better than Neymar without a shadow of a doubt. Neymar has potential to be better than Suarez, but there is no way he is right now. But as you said, Neymar has age on his side. i think 40mil would be a fair price for a foreign club, but a domestic club you're defintely looking at closer to 50mil

(Original post by jibberish)
    Anyone who knows anything about football would tell you that at the moment, Suarez is better than Neymar. Suarez isn't worth £48m and Neymar certainly isn't..maybe his value is but thats because of the hype surrounding him which in part is because of his agent

In what universe is Neymar superior to Suarez? Neymar has only ever played in the 3rd rate Brazilian League for a start.
    Neymar has proved internationally he can do it against world class players, yes It's a bit of premature statement but I believe it's true. He's already scored 24 goals for brazil's senior team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Neymar has proved internationally he can do it against world class players, yes It's a bit of premature statement but I believe it's true. He's already scored 24 goals for brazil's senior team
    So has Suarez, he was fantastic at the 2010 World Cup (antics against Ghana aside)

ReputationRep:
    Lewandowski is best mates with Szczesny/Podolski and anybody would love to live in London tbh.

Been thinking that since Dortmund are going to take a huge hit on Lewa to save face vs Bayern, we could step in and take him for say 20m. Lewa could sign a contract with a get out clause if Bayern ever came in for him. There a horrible atmosphere at BVB apparently with everyone knowing Lewa is unhappy, so this way everyone is happy. Arsenal get Lewa for at least a season, BVB get 20m and theyve already signed his replacement and Lewa plays in the EPL while keeping his FCB options open. Obviously its not ideal with Lewa likely to go to FCB eventually, but he might come to enjoy playing for us and forget about them. Plus he's still on a pittance at BVB so he'd get a huge pay rise a year earlier too. Whilst there are so few top strikers about, I'd say it would be a great deal for a top top striker.
    Wages aside, why would Lewandowski want to leave Dortmund for Arsenal? Difficult to see how it wouldn't be a step down imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Not sure what point your trying to make. Suarez scored 30 goals in 44 appearances last season in a relatively mediocre Liverpool team. He scored 49 goals in 48 games for Ajax the season before joining Liverpool. He has 31 goals in 62 appearances for Uruguay. Neymar may have more potential but Suarez is clearly miles ahead of him atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSupernova)
    Wages aside, why would Lewandowski want to leave Dortmund for Arsenal? Difficult to see how it wouldn't be a step down imo
    The fact he is now despised by BVB fans and has said he feels his time is up there. Realistically, BVB are going to win as much next season as Arsenal and he'd get a year in London with much higher wages, he's on about 30k now.

No harm in bidding anyway. BVB would bite our hand off for 20m I'd bet.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.