The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Got another offer to interview today for next Friday. I have all 3 interviews over the next 7 days and all have different tasks. I think my brain is going to explode! Most looking forward to the interview at Staffs as it seems quite casual but the Nottingham Trent and Keele ones seems interesting. Just hope I can power through.

Also hoping it's not too hot as without my suit jacket I have a visible tattoo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

As if notts Trent are still interviewing, when I had my interview there they were saying how it fills up extremely quickly, that was December....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgiaclaire_
As if notts Trent are still interviewing, when I had my interview there they were saying how it fills up extremely quickly, that was December....

Posted from TSR Mobile

What subject are you? They only had 12 spaces on the computer science PGDE so I was incredibly lucky as they'd rejected a lot of applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgiaclaire_

Posted from TSR Mobile

They may also have new spaces opening up because they would have had applicants on conditional offers be it for the skills tests or for degree/exam results.
Original post by Hollrobinson
Congratulations! I'm really happy for you. Eek September is so soon now! Have you accepted the offer?

Thanks! I have accepted it. So many things to organise before September now!

Original post by cutebat
Congratulations!!! :smile:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Ooh exciting! Well done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Original post by alabelle
Thanks! I have accepted it. So many things to organise before September now!

Thank you!

Yay! So pleased for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Esmeralda4
How did it go guys??

Heyy... Requested to join the fb page 😊😊
My offer isn't up on track yet :frown: won't feel secure until it's sorted out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Goldsmiths here I come! I completed all the tasks required for a place, all that is left is for them to update it to unconditional.

Let us enjoy our final month of summer!
Hi all. I am starting the secondary pgce at Birmingham City University in September. I know a lot of bcu on here are primary but does anyone know of any secondary people. I have asked to join this group anyway as I would like to get to know everyone https://m.facebook.com/groups/725110767513368
But would be nice to find some secondary too!
Original post by rochester308
Im heading to Swansea Met :smile: PGCE History! Cannot wait!!!
Anyone else been to Swansea met or going?

Hello, I'm going to Swansea Met for PGCE in Secondary Mathematics starting on Sept 8, 2014. Am worried about the essays in pedagogy. Haha, I am used to maths journals instead. (@,@')
Does anyone know how I find out my GTTR number? I know my personal ID number on UCAS, is this the same thing? I hate all these forms I have to fill out!
Original post by deb_sanj
Hello, I'm going to Swansea Met for PGCE in Secondary Mathematics starting on Sept 8, 2014. Am worried about the essays in pedagogy. Haha, I am used to maths journals instead. (@,@')

Don't panic! I did maths at undergrad and actually the PGCE essays were a refreshing change! Plus the uni should know that many will be out of practice with essays so offer plenty of support.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Lightning
Goldsmiths here I come! I completed all the tasks required for a place, all that is left is for them to update it to unconditional.

Let us enjoy our final month of summer!

Congratulations!!

How long did you have to wait after the interview for a decision to be made? It's been over a week since I attended an interview at Goldsmiths and the waiting is driving me insane!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElectricDreamss
Congratulations!!

How long did you have to wait after the interview for a decision to be made? It's been over a week since I attended an interview at Goldsmiths and the waiting is driving me insane!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It took them a week for them to reply. Maybe you should give them an email? I wish you the best of luck :-)
Original post by Red Lightning
It took them a week for them to reply. Maybe you should give them an email? I wish you the best of luck :-)

Got my conditional offer this morning!
I have until August 31st to meet all the conditions :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6095
Anyone else on Primary PGCE at YSJ and confused with Moodle and if we have to do anything with it yet? From the induction day I sort of thought we should be able to see more on there (like timetables and so on), but I've only got the maths module on there for the pre-September audits. I haven't had an enrolment email yet, either...starting to get a bit concerned!

Help?
Original post by ElectricDreamss
Got my conditional offer this morning!
I have until August 31st to meet all the conditions :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, as long as you sort out your DBS and skills test then it should be fine,those were the ones that took most of my time in my opinion.
Hi guys. I'm currently doing a bit of research into factors that impact people's choice of where to study for a PGCE. I was wondering whether any of you might be willing to fill in my quick survey? https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VQZCRC6

Thanks in advance
Nadia
Reply 6098
Original post by nadia_shaw
Hi guys. I'm currently doing a bit of research into factors that impact people's choice of where to study for a PGCE. I was wondering whether any of you might be willing to fill in my quick survey? https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VQZCRC6

Thanks in advance
Nadia

Yep just completed it :smile:
Hi guys, I just got an email from the supervisor on my PGCE saying:

I have a query regarding your funding for the course as it appears to be showing the incorrect SLC code on the system. For QTS with PGCE is SLC code 627988. Please could you check that you have requested the correct course funding and confirm this for me.

I've called student finance and they've told me the course code and uni code, and none of them match up to this code given (they're 3 digits while this is 6!), and I've contacted the supervisor but no reply yet, can anyone help out? I don't know how to change this code as I don't remember filling out a code on the original form? I've checked my confirmation from SF and they've said the SCITT programme will be getting £8,750, which is QTS with PGCE, and I'm getting roughly what I got for my degree, so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is? Help please!

Latest

Trending

Trending