ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TargetPoint)
    With that topic, I think you've got many avenues to go down. The obvious choice would be to go for the move from ICT to Computing, however that's likely to be what everyone else goes for also.

If you go for the change in curriculum, maybe concentrate your presentation on a single aspect of computing, i.e. how the implementation of computational thinking within the new curriculum will have a broad positive impact for the pupils...

I did my presentation on introducing binary to a group of year 7s. It was for five minutes and went along the lines of:

• Introduction - Name/Presentation topic
    • Objectives - What I wanted them to take away from the presentation
    • Describing that computers only understand two things, 1 and 0
    • Why computers use binary (turn switches on/off)
    • Explained how data is represented via binary and switches
    • Decimal to binary conversation table
    • Quick summary - quick fire round
    • Recap

Whatever topic you choose, just remember they're not expecting the finished product. They just want to make sure you can stand and talk for a few minutes, while engaging an audience.

Let us know how your interview goes tomorrow. Good luck.
    I did the binary class for one of my final year projects. I'd be so happy if they'd given me that. Luckily it's computing week for TES so they've had plenty of things to say that'd make brilliant points to pick up on. There's a lot about trying to fudge computer science into other subjects. I definitely think going very direct about something is the way to go. I'm just hoping I can really stand out tomorrow.

Will keep you updated I have to get my train at 6.45 so suspect I'm going to be a stressed out mess before I get there! At least the 90 mins journey means I can rewatch the videos and reread my presentation a couple of times
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    I got the offer there and then! I almost cried!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    I got the offer there and then! I almost cried!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations!

Are you going to accept it, or wait until after your other interviews?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TargetPoint)
    Congratulations!

Are you going to accept it, or wait until after your other interviews?
    They want me to reject my others and go with them and I really really want to but I have to investigate the practicalities first. New city and with girlfriend working elsewhere and us just having a new puppy means I have to work around things

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place on a Schools Direct ITT course in computer science. The school sent me the offer letter stating that a condition of the offer was that I needed to pass the SKE course before the start of term but this is impossible as all SKE courses in computer science have started or start in Jan 2015. However, then I recieved the offer letter from the university affiliated with this course and they didn't mention that the SKE course was a part of the conditions for entry onto the Schools Direct place. Which conditional letter should I follow; from the school or from the university? I hope this makes sense and any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EFLCompScience)
    I've been offered a place on a Schools Direct ITT course in computer science. The school sent me the offer letter stating that a condition of the offer was that I needed to pass the SKE course before the start of term but this is impossible as all SKE courses in computer science have started or start in Jan 2015. However, then I recieved the offer letter from the university affiliated with this course and they didn't mention that the SKE course was a part of the conditions for entry onto the Schools Direct place. Which conditional letter should I follow; from the school or from the university? I hope this makes sense and any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    You need to contact both the school and the university to clarify the conditions of the offer.

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer from Durham uni for September got it on my birthday which was an amazing present.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    I received an offer from Durham uni for September got it on my birthday which was an amazing present.
    Congratulations! I'm really happy for you. Eek September is so soon now! Have you accepted the offer?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    Ooh exciting! Well done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got another offer to interview today for next Friday. I have all 3 interviews over the next 7 days and all have different tasks. I think my brain is going to explode! Most looking forward to the interview at Staffs as it seems quite casual but the Nottingham Trent and Keele ones seems interesting. Just hope I can power through.

Also hoping it's not too hot as without my suit jacket I have a visible tattoo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As if notts Trent are still interviewing, when I had my interview there they were saying how it fills up extremely quickly, that was December....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by georgiaclaire_)
    As if notts Trent are still interviewing, when I had my interview there they were saying how it fills up extremely quickly, that was December....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What subject are you? They only had 12 spaces on the computer science PGDE so I was incredibly lucky as they'd rejected a lot of applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaclaire_)

Posted from TSR Mobile

They may also have new spaces opening up because they would have had applicants on conditional offers be it for the skills tests or for degree/exam results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollrobinson)
    Congratulations! I'm really happy for you. Eek September is so soon now! Have you accepted the offer?
    Thanks! I have accepted it. So many things to organise before September now!

(Original post by cutebat)
    Congratulations!!!

Ooh exciting! Well done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I have accepted it. So many things to organise before September now!

Thank you!
    Yay! So pleased for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    How did it go guys??
    Heyy... Requested to join the fb page 😊😊
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    My offer isn't up on track yet won't feel secure until it's sorted out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Goldsmiths here I come! I completed all the tasks required for a place, all that is left is for them to update it to unconditional.

Let us enjoy our final month of summer!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I am starting the secondary pgce at Birmingham City University in September. I know a lot of bcu on here are primary but does anyone know of any secondary people. I have asked to join this group anyway as I would like to get to know everyone https://m.facebook.com/groups/725110767513368
    But would be nice to find some secondary too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rochester308)
    Im heading to Swansea Met PGCE History! Cannot wait!!!
    Anyone else been to Swansea met or going?
    Hello, I'm going to Swansea Met for PGCE in Secondary Mathematics starting on Sept 8, 2014. Am worried about the essays in pedagogy. Haha, I am used to maths journals instead. (@,@')

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.