Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Hey guys! How are you all? It has been aaaages! Who's still on?!
    Helloooooooo!

ReputationRep:
    Regarding work experience, I may be getting some at my local university in the labs - YES!

:banana2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabblethefish)
    Helloooooooo!
    Hey! I remember you! How are A-levels?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    One of my physics teachers teaches out of the textbook also. I'm not sure he FULLY understands what he's teaching. It's not too much of a problem for me, but others it could be; a girl supposed that, since we "can't really detect" things like W bosons, Physics is like religion. Not an unreasonable thought, but this teacher couldn't really explain why it was bull**** :facepalm2::emo: I think I did a fairly good job myself of explaining to her why it was not so, but her first language is Norwegian and she hasn't been in the country too long, so I may not have been as clear as I could have been.

At first glance this teacher seems unenthusiastic, but he's more mellow than unenthusiastic We're going to CERN in January, and to a few Cambridge lectures :ahee:
    CERN?! Wow, i wish my school would do that.
    I'll bring it up tomorrow!

And that 'physics is religion' cracked me up, that's great. I'd share my views but I don't wanna offend anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan Novak)
    CERN?! Wow, i wish my school would do that.
    I'll bring it up tomorrow!

And that 'physics is religion' cracked me up, that's great. I'd share my views but I don't wanna offend anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The girl who asked is actually intelligent, my teacher is just, say, satisfactory for the course. He can teach the course fine, but he's not particularly knowledgeable on other things

CERN is seriously booked up, I hope you can actually get a date. We wanted to go in March, but the lesson after that in which we were told we'd be going to CERN, the date we wanted, in addition to every other date in March, was booked :lol: We only got a date in January because my teacher called up and complained :mmm:

(Original post by The Financier)
      It really isn't

For a straight line equation, you always find y in an equation written as y=mx+c. The M is the gradient, and the C is where it meets the line meets the Y axis.

We have moved away from y=MX+c to ax+by+c=0 is suspect you will soon aswell
      • TSR Support Team
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by techno-thriller)
      We have moved away from y=MX+c to ax+by+c=0 is suspect you will soon aswell
      He's talking about straight line graphs. ax+bx+c=0 is a quadratic equation which isn't straight.

(Original post by The Financier)
        He's talking about straight line graphs. ax+bx+c=0 is a quadratic equation which isn't straight.
        You would rearrange it to make y=MX+c, but they mostly don't come in that form.

ReputationRep:
        Hola, bonjour, ni hao, hello.

Basically, I'm in charge of the mini school bank. We have basically no money to promote ourselves so we really can only print posters/digital things

Does anybody have very cheap and friendly ways to encourage others to join and start an account?

*free food is not an option*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Jina)
        Hey guys! How are you all? It has been aaaages! Who's still on?!
        :hi:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Olympiad)

Basically, I'm in charge of the mini school bank. We have basically no money to promote ourselves so we really can only print posters/digital things

Does anybody have very cheap and friendly ways to encourage others to join and start an account?

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Mini school bank? Are people supposed to give their money to you to keep?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Jina)
        Hey! I remember you! How are A-levels?!
        Pretty good! I'm struggling a bit with maths but everything else is going really well! How are you? I'm taking maths, chemistry, physics and geography!

ReputationRep:
        I got an A on my physics test today It's a huge improvement from the two Es and a U I got in my maths tests! I get my chemistry result back tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I smashed that one

... I really need to work on maths! Does anyone think they could help me with this?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2486384

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by MangoFreak)
        The girl who asked is actually intelligent, my teacher is just, say, satisfactory for the course. He can teach the course fine, but he's not particularly knowledgeable on other things

CERN is seriously booked up, I hope you can actually get a date. We wanted to go in March, but the lesson after that in which we were told we'd be going to CERN, the date we wanted, in addition to every other date in March, was booked :lol: We only got a date in January because my teacher called up and complained :mmm:
        We have a physics trip to the Science Museum in London and Thorpe Park next week! Very excited!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
        FREE FO- oh.

Interesting idea. Do you pay back interest? Give loans? Or are you guys literally just an alternative to keeping your money at home?

More importantly, when do you run away with the cash?

ReputationRep:
        Someone just tried to break into my house... Only me here aswell

ReputationRep:
        **** living in fear

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
        FREE FOOD...that's the only way to attract people

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Pabblethefish)
        I got an A on my physics test today It's a huge improvement from the two Es and a U I got in my maths tests! I get my chemistry result back tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I smashed that one

... I really need to work on maths! Does anyone think they could help me with this?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2486384
        Same here, I got an A today

ReputationRep:
        Do anybody else's teachers not use a textbook?

Maths: Don't have a textbook OR handouts... All questions are written on the board and we work on them and discuss them... We use a program that my teacher wrote called Maths Brain and loads of questions come up on there... Kind of hard to explain.. Cool, but annoying nonetheless, especially when I want to read ahead.

German: Don't have a textbook, don't have a clue what I'm meant to be learning and/or when I'll be learning it in class...

Psychology: We got given a textbook that we can take home, but we never use it. We use a different textbook in class, but only rarely.

Sociology: Same as psychology.

It's really annoying when I want to try and read ahead. Anybody else have this problem?

EDIT: I should point out that it's not slowing me down in anyway, like I said, it's just kind of annoying when I want to read ahead; I have to do it all online. I feel up to speed in all my subjects.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.