Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Today has been another struggle. Promising myself a food or drink related treat later if I can face it and trying to tell myself it can get better.
    Hey. What's wrong? Message me if you want to talk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    Hey. What's wrong? Message me if you want to talk

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I will do
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tasha96)
    Big hugs from here. :hugs:
    Just depression rearing its ugly head. :sadnod: And my mum's fallen out with me again. :cry2:

thank you!!! :jumphug:

aww dont be like that! think of happier things in life! :hugs: allow them to fill you up!!! and dont let them go!
    aww! why so? :sad: :hugs:

also that test thingy for me:

ISFJ
    Introvert(33%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(50%) Judging(1%)

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
    • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
    • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
    • You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

ReputationRep:
    Got some health check thingy on wednesday provided by the carers centre, not sure what to expect.
    Going to some knitting thing tomorrow aswell. All proper scary, but i guess it will give me time to crack on with my monkey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    What setting do I put the hoover on for the kitchen? I seem to remember it was something counter-intuitive...
    Try medium carpet if hard floor is too sucky. You will need to mop as well, if you leave the mop water, I will do the bathroom.

ReputationRep:
    feeling so flat lately, just empty I guess, not really sure what I am doing in life, feel like I have no direction or purpose or anything, I'm alive but I don't feel like I am living anymore, just drifting aimlessly from one day to the next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Got some health check thingy on wednesday provided by the carers centre, not sure what to expect.
    Going to some knitting thing tomorrow aswell. All proper scary, but i guess it will give me time to crack on with my monkey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have fun knitting!

(Original post by rmhumphries)
    Try medium carpet if hard floor is too sucky. You will need to mop as well, if you leave the mop water, I will do the bathroom.
    :yy: What cleaning stuff do I put in the water?

(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    feeling so flat lately, just empty I guess, not really sure what I am doing in life, feel like I have no direction or purpose or anything, I'm alive but I don't feel like I am living anymore, just drifting aimlessly from one day to the next.
    :console: Sounds like you could do with some project to be getting on with. Volunteering once a week could be good if you can manage it?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    :cry:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    Mental health meeting went well (thanks for the advice last night guys! Seminar had a guest tutor and she turned out to be a dsa assessor so was completely lovely about me leaving early) and they bodged me through the doctors system to allow me to register since I'm about 50 miles out of their catchment area.

Now I have a doctors appointment next Monday morning to discuss things and get my dsa back. Not sure how to even approach it but I can feel the wobbles creeping in. My ocd has gone mad too and I'm getting a bit twitchy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :console: Sounds like you could do with some project to be getting on with. Volunteering once a week could be good if you can manage it?
    haha, that's exactly what my mum suggested I dunno, maybe, need to find something I feel able to do and stuff is the thing I guess, I mean, plenty of things I care about just not sure how much I can do really, might help a bit I guess to at least be doing stuff in the here & now, gonna talk to my therapist about it next week when I see them again and see if they have any ideas or if they can get the person they are referring me on to to maybe do something with me around how I feel. just hard cause everyday feels so much effort right now, part of me just wants to hide in bed 24/7 tbh

hope you are doing okay btw?

ReputationRep:
    Have fun knitting!

:yy: What cleaning stuff do I put in the water?

There should be some yellow multipurpose cleaner in the cupboard, in a bottle with a handle. Put one cupful of that in if I remember correctly, it will say on the bottle.

(Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Mental health meeting went well (thanks for the advice last night guys! Seminar had a guest tutor and she turned out to be a dsa assessor so was completely lovely about me leaving early) and they bodged me through the doctors system to allow me to register since I'm about 50 miles out of their catchment area.

Now I have a doctors appointment next Monday morning to discuss things and get my dsa back. Not sure how to even approach it but I can feel the wobbles creeping in. My ocd has gone mad too and I'm getting a bit twitchy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad to hear the meeting went well :yy:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Everyone (2 tutors and 2 well being advisers at UCL) say they are worried about me and that they doubt I can do 3rd year full-time.

I'm doing ok health wise so is it just they see paranoid schizophrenic with sectioning history and just assume I can't do it!?
    Think Wolfie has given good advice on this. Just wanted to say that now term has started and I've finally got round to signing up for Senate House Library, we could do coffee if you need an ear? :console:

In retrospect, I possibly should have done my third year part-time... but then again, would have driven me nuts to stay an extra year in that place! :afraid:

(Original post by Quornslice)
    So I hear that my pet preferences are being discussed... :ninja:
    Cats FTW! :woo:

(Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    am i the only INTJ round here?? :puppyeyes:
    :sadnod: You're more lonely than a lonely goatherd

:console:

:awesome:

Hows you? :ninja: Also *whispers* sparrows.... :ninja:
    :lovehug:

Am OK. Sent you a text to say I survived meeting my tutor - thanks for all your support with that
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    There should be some yellow multipurpose cleaner in the cupboard, in a bottle with a handle. Put one cupful of that in if I remember correctly, it will say on the bottle.

Glad to hear the meeting went well :yy:
    Shockingly well. Still miss my old mh mentor though I've been set up with loads of little things already so it seems like they're not as pushy about dsa/evidence as my other unis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Think Wolfie has given good advice on this. Just wanted to say that now term has started and I've finally got round to signing up for Senate House Library, we could do coffee if you need an ear? :console:

In retrospect, I possibly should have done my third year part-time... but then again, would have driven me nuts to stay an extra year in that place! :afraid:

Cats FTW! :woo:

:sadnod: You're more lonely than a lonely goatherd

:console:

Am OK. Sent you a text to say I survived meeting my tutor - thanks for all your support with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    :cry:
    Want to talk? :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Doing too much, or generally exhausted?
    Having a lot to do and getting ill at the same time. At least I get things done, but I would love to have some days with nothing in it, althouh nothing negative is happening, but normal life can be difficult enough.

Watching a movie now, hopefully that gives me some time to relax, ... and not to get into anything I have to think about.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Mum's just ruined my good mood about how well my supervision went :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Mum's just ruined my good mood about how well my supervision went :cry2:
    :jumphug:
    Am online if talking would help. :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :jumphug:
    Am online if talking would help. :hugs:
    Might have to take you up on that :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    haha, that's exactly what my mum suggested I dunno, maybe, need to find something I feel able to do and stuff is the thing I guess, I mean, plenty of things I care about just not sure how much I can do really, might help a bit I guess to at least be doing stuff in the here & now, gonna talk to my therapist about it next week when I see them again and see if they have any ideas or if they can get the person they are referring me on to to maybe do something with me around how I feel. just hard cause everyday feels so much effort right now, part of me just wants to hide in bed 24/7 tbh

hope you are doing okay btw?
    There are all sorts of volunteering opportunities out there, I'm sure there'll be something to suit you. Maybe something to do with people struggling with mental health issues, since you were interested in becoming a counsellor?

I'm good thanks, happily obsessing over mice as per usual.

(Original post by Nathanielle)
    Having a lot to do and getting ill at the same time. At least I get things done, but I would love to have some days with nothing in it, althouh nothing negative is happening, but normal life can be difficult enough.
    :hugs: Nothing worse than being ill and not getting to take a break. I hope you get some respite soon, but well done on keeping going all the same.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.