The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You were one whole day behind Aph, how tragic.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
News is only good news when fresh and unexpected, it isn't fresh and put isn't really that unexpected either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
News is only good news when fresh and unexpected, it isn't fresh and put isn't really that unexpected either

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only just saw it and I figured as it was on the BBC news channel it was new. But no, we all knew it'd happen.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I only just saw it and I figured as it was on the BBC news channel it was new. But no, we all knew it'd happen.
The beeb is rarely up to date, was on the telegraph this morning

Posted from TSR Mobile
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Goodness its quiet in here today. Anyone for a Sunday afternoon pint?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thehistorybore)
Goodness its quiet in here today. Anyone for a Sunday afternoon pint?
I wish.
Found out last night that the exam I have Tuesday morning is proof heavy and light on calculations. i.e. I'm boned.
Still expect it will be an early evening at the bar though.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
It was in the news last night... Why are you so behind?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
It was in the news last night... Why are you so behind?
I've been sleeping lots so only really saw the news last night...
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wish.
Found out last night that the exam I have Tuesday morning is proof heavy and light on calculations. i.e. I'm boned.
Still expect it will be an early evening at the bar though.
Oh Christ, good luck with that!
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh Christ, good luck with that!
I'm hoping that the proofs are the relatively trivial ones like proving something is a vector space kinda thing where you just apply the relevant axioms/theorems, so in reality it kinda is computation, rather than proving theorems.
To be fair, given how little I went to this year for various reasons I'm ultimitely just aiming to do well enough to transfer to the masters course and pull everything back up later.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
x
I think it was you that said about 'the guinea pigs' book in one of your other posts when on the topic or torture and death penalty.

I just wanted to say thanks for that, I've read it and found it to be an extremely interesting read! Have a free pint on me!
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm hoping that the proofs are the relatively trivial ones like proving something is a vector space kinda thing where you just apply the relevant axioms/theorems, so in reality it kinda is computation, rather than proving theorems.
To be fair, given how little I went to this year for various reasons I'm ultimitely just aiming to do well enough to transfer to the masters course and pull everything back up later.
Well, I suppose all you can do is pull a few all nighters...
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, I suppose all you can do is pull a few all nighters...
**** off am I doing all nighters. I only do those for games
Most of the theorem proofs seem pretty similar so far, still a pain to understand, too many words!!!
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
**** off am I doing all nighters. I only do those for games
Most of the theorem proofs seem pretty similar so far, still a pain to understand, too many words!!!
Haha fair enough, yeah I bet they are
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha fair enough, yeah I bet they are
It's less the words, more the notation thrown in. Just reading through the lecture notes so don't fully understand what stuff is and just work out roughly what it means via context. Would be nice if all the formulae an text were separate like in most modules, like a block of text then a couple of lines of derivation then a bit more text, but nooooooo, \varphi(v)s, \psi(u)s and **** all over the text.
Probably going to end up sat at the bar later reading the lecture notes instead of the paper.

And can anybody explain why the opposition get Short Money, I kinda vaguely understand it but at the same time think the quantities seem a bit exorbitant, and more specifically why the parties in government don't get any, not even at a lower rate?
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't believe I'm saying this but god I cannot wait until Monday.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
I can't believe I'm saying this but god I cannot wait until Monday.
Bills hitting the house again you mean?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't parliament just open now? I wanna have a debate now. Or have something to vote on...
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Can't parliament just open now? I wanna have a debate now. Or have something to vote on...
Hi there, are you impatient? If so buy some 'Shut Up' pills, these pills will make you less impatient and teach you to be quiet and wait like an Englishman.

'Shut Up' a division of **** Associates LLP. 'Shut Up' is a registered trade mark in the US and other territories. Please take 'Shut Up' responsibly. Please consult your GP before taking 'Shut Up'.

Edit: I would like to point out that this is a joke, anyone not able to take a joke should be shot like the strikers.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Edit: I would like to point out that this is a joke, anyone not able to take a joke should be shot like the strikers.
is that also a joke?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.82%
No (135)
74.18%

Watched Threads