Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    for those who have sat the exam already:
    1) where the AR patterns easy to spot?? where there a lot of conditional patterns? would you say that the questions were similar to the easy ones on medify or the harder ones?
    2) for QR, where there many pie chart questions? if so what kind, like relatively easy or not? how was this section in general??
    Ar patterns were easy to spot I didn't have many conditional patterns I'd say they were similar and easier than medify

My QR was tough many multi step questions people were saying it was easy and it wasnt for me. If it was i wouldve gotyen above a 700 avg but oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    okay great... do you remember any patters that came up? x
    I got a few which were similar if not same as the ukcat mock on the website most of them were counting shapes honestly that was 80 percent of the section

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    This is false. King's actually don't have a strict cut off point and they themselves have said they interviewed an applicant with a UKCAT score of 612 for 2016 entry Medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would you say my chances of getting an interview for kings and Barts are good with a 665 avg and first predicted and a decent ps then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamin96)
    I got a few which were similar if not same as the ukcat mock on the website most of them were counting shapes honestly that was 80 percent of the section

Posted from TSR Mobile
    okay wow.. so did you use SCANS? and pretty much got it?

thanks for ur insight x

ReputationRep:
    Ar patterns were easy to spot I didn't have many conditional patterns I'd say they were similar and easier than medify

My QR was tough many multi step questions people were saying it was easy and it wasnt for me. If it was i wouldve gotyen above a 700 avg but oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahh okay! how did you find VR?? everyone is saying that the passages were really long and the answers weren't easy to find this year.

Also how was sjt?? were the situations ones that were similar to medify?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    okay wow.. so did you use SCANS? and pretty much got it?

thanks for ur insight x
    Hahah nope i dont really have a mnemonic for AR i just look at the sets and it pops in my head, especially for the AR in the exam. I also had one rotation and one symmetry pattern so look out for those. youre welcome! good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Would you say my chances of getting an interview for kings and Barts are good with a 665 avg and first predicted and a decent ps then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Based on what I've heard, you have a shot at getting an interview, but I don't know what score would put you in a "good" position to get an interview for GED.

Honestly though try to perfect your PS because King's actually mark it. You don't want there to be any weaknesses in your application

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahah nope i dont really have a mnemonic for AR i just look at the sets and it pops in my head, especially for the AR in the exam. I also had one rotation and one symmetry pattern so look out for those. youre welcome! good luck x
    awesome thank you xx haha wish i had that ability ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Based on what I've heard, you have a shot at getting an interview, but I don't know what score would put you in a "good" position to get an interview for GED.

Honestly though try to perfect your PS because King's actually mark it. You don't want there to be any weaknesses in your application

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was planning on GED but only if I got above 700 since I haven't i think I'll apply for the 5 year courses I shouldn't have too much of a problem then. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was planning on GED but only if I got above 700 since I haven't i think I'll apply for the 5 year courses I shouldn't have too much of a problem then. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I see. Never knew graduates could apply to the 5 year course; are the entry requirements the same for you as it is for school leavers/gap year students?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey admin would u say that , the QR was similar to medify?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have a score of 673 on UKCAT. Is that high enough for sheffield medicine. What was there cut off last year?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, was QR similar to ukcat ninja? And, were the questions detailed?

ReputationRep:
    Got the dreaded thing tomorrow, any last minute advice?

ReputationRep:
    Damn I was hoping QR wouldn't be too hard from people's comments but it seems recently the QR has been a nightmare and maybe the AR might be a bit easier than before. Just did UKCAT mock, i recognise a lot of the context from somewhere.... did UKCAT last year so dunno if it was from pratice back then. Anyways, despite recognising the QR Q's, they were so damn hard to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    Don't do bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    Same here mate... I just need help from the Lord Himself ygm

ReputationRep:
    My exam is tomorrow and I only done a few days worth of practice which was just mocks... Im getting like 590 lmao... Is it possible to bring my chances of a 700 up in 1 night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelo12231)
    My exam is tomorrow and I only done a few days worth of practice which was just mocks... Im getting like 590 lmao... Is it possible to bring my chances of a 700 up in 1 night?
    Do exercises on top of exercises on top of exercises on top of exercises

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Do exercises on top of exercises on top of exercises on top of exercises
    Im using medify btw, is that suppose to be harder than the actual exam?

My exam is at 1:30, planning to stay up till 3am a good idea?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.