Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys hear about that missile that was sent from Yemen. It was 18 seconds away from hitting the Harram when the Saudis stopped it. There was another missile that was launched to the airport which is like ten mins away from where Ilive. Its so bad :eek: My family are thinking of coming back to England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyrouthi)
    How are you all?
    Alhamdulillah good, thanks. I'm eating lol
    Have you had lunch?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Asalaamualaykum. Going good alhamdulillah, wbu?
    Walaykum asalaam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    Did you guys hear about that missile that was sent from Yemen. It was 18 seconds away from hitting the Harram when the Saudis stopped it. There was another missile that was launched to the airport which is like ten mins away from where Ilive. Its so bad My family are thinking of coming back to England.
    Imagine what it's like for the Yemenis..

ReputationRep:
    Walaykum salaam
    I'm doing good but so tired lol. Just got back from school and the streets were going crazy with celebrations because lebanon finally elected a president
    Btw childofthesun what do you think of the election of Aoun?
    Sounds good.

(Original post by mkap)
    Did you guys hear about that missile that was sent from Yemen. It was 18 seconds away from hitting the Harram when the Saudis stopped it. There was another missile that was launched to the airport which is like ten mins away from where Ilive. Its so bad :eek: My family are thinking of coming back to England.
    You should be fine insha'Allah. I think Saudi can easily take down houthi missiles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    Alhamdulillah good, thanks. I'm eating lol
    Have you had lunch?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I don't like the food at school so never eat there. But my mom is currently cooking some food so I can't wait to dig in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    Did you guys hear about that missile that was sent from Yemen. It was 18 seconds away from hitting the Harram when the Saudis stopped it. There was another missile that was launched to the airport which is like ten mins away from where Ilive. Its so bad My family are thinking of coming back to England.
    can't be true as the missile shot doesn't have the necessary range required for it hit the Masjid, this is just Saudi propaganda to deflect attention and justify their war crimes in Yemen, anyways the Houthi's issued a statement stating it was in fact directed towards Jeddah.

the real question is why would the Houthi's attack the holiest site in Islam? after all they are still Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squish•)
    Did u find out which career path you want to go down??
    Yeah I did. I want to go into content writing or digital copy writing

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good.

You should be fine insha'Allah. I think Saudi can easily take down houthi missiles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    of course, they gave their American friends many dollars/barrels of oil for those defensive weapons (and offensive weapons to spill Yemeni blood for that matter)

ReputationRep:
    No I don't like the food at school so never eat there. But my mom is currently cooking some food so I can't wait to dig in
    Whoops 🙈
    Omd sis at least having something. Like a small snack, could be anything. (Apple, chocolate anything lool). Enjoy the food 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Asalamualaikum brothers and sisters.

I have a question. Is it okay to assume about someone that they are not practising Muslims, just because they don't wear a hijab?

By practising, I mean, they assume that if a girl doesn't wear hijab then she doesn't pray five times a day or read Quran, or fasts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saba XD)

I have a question. Is it okay to assume about someone that they are not practising Muslims, just because they don't wear a hijab?

By practising, I mean, they assume that if a girl doesn't wear hijab then she doesn't pray five times a day or read Quran, or fasts.
    Wa'alaykumasalaam

I do not look at non hijabis and assume they don't pray or read Quran or fast.

I know why you're asking this and I don't think the person said it because of your picture. It was because one part of your post could be read in more than one way I think. I knew what you meant but I can see why someone else may take another meaning from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So this website has a sort of muslim thread too? Can we NOT include religions in here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trevish)
    So this website has a sort of muslim thread too? Can we NOT include religions in here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes. No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wa'alaykumasalaam

I do not look at non hijabis and assume they don't pray or read Quran or fast.

I know why you're asking this and I don't think the person said it because of your picture. It was because one part of your post could be read in more than one way I think. I knew what you meant but I can see why someone else may take another meaning from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, it actually wasn't to do with that post. But, yes, it made me think however, that I have seen not just Muslims but also non-muslims, assume stuff about me which isn't true. But, that is only online. Irl, Muslims assume that I'm not practising and most of the times get shocked that I pray. But, with non-muslims, irl, my friends think I'm really religious even if I don't wear hijab.

ReputationRep:
    No, it actually wasn't to do with that post. But, yes, it made me think however, that I have seen not just Muslims but also non-muslims, assume stuff about me which isn't true. But, that is only online. Irl, Muslims assume that I'm not practising and most of the times get shocked that I pray. But, with non-muslims, irl, my friends think I'm really religious even if I don't wear hijab.
    Oh I see. That's not very nice of them. I think they have that perception because many of them view hijab as the bare minimum to be seen as a religious (on the outside anyway) and if you don't fulfil that then they assume you won't do other more important stuff like salah.

Don't let it get you down. You know what you deeds you practice and the people making assumptions are wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see. That's not very nice of them. I think they have that perception because many of them view hijab as the bare minimum to be seen as a religious (on the outside anyway) and if you don't fulfil that then they assume you won't do other more important stuff like salah.

Don't let it get you down. You know what you deeds you practice and the people making assumptions are wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jazaka Allah. That made me feel a little better.

ReputationRep:
    Jazaka Allah. That made me feel a little better.
    BarakAllahu Feeki.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Walaikum salam.

Absolutely not. Observing hijab does not automatically mean that you're a super practicing muslimah who abides by all the commands of Allah, and likewise not wearing it does not mean that you're violating every command of Allah. I'm familiar with some non-hijabi sisters who practice Islam better than some hijabis, so it's wrong to make negative assumptions.
    And of course, it's advisable for sisters to try their best to wear the hijab ❤

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
    I hope you are all well in shaa Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.