?
Report 10 years ago
Money and random items really! You?
wackysparkle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im so bored....... someone help me fall asleep i have to go out tomorrow at 8!!!! :eek:
small&mighty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In four hours I have to be on my way to work :eek:!
SuperDaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Did you make it on time?

Ugh... so... bored... today! I hate saturdays without football :sad:
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SuperDaz)
Hello Mo and hello again ElectricOceans

So anyone get any nice presents? :hubba:

Santa is an insomniac by the way! He only comes out at night :teeth:
Hi Daz.

I didn't really want much this year, so mainly asked for money. But got some clothes and small presents. What about you?
Joanna May
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey all, though I'd come and post here since I think I've made myself an insomniac. Bascially, I'm back home after doing a three month placement in France. I have literally nothing to do (can't get a job, all friends are at uni), so I spend a lot of time watching TV/reading/internetting. My problem is basically that I'm constantly exhausted, but unable to actually sleep.
  • I thought that maybe setting a good routine would help, so I started setting an alarm to get up about nine every morning. It hasn't worked, since I'm still not getting tired until about 4 am.
  • I've tried going to bed earlyish (about 10pm) but I literally just lie there for hours on end not tired or sleeping.
  • I thought maybe I just didn't need much sleep, but when I don't set an alarm, I easily sleep from 4am to about midday/1pm, which is a good 8 or 9 hours.
  • I've tried doing more during the day, but I'm physically too exhausted to do it properly. I can just about manage half a hour of bike riding or something, but I just don't have the energy for any more than that, and that's a real struggle. I used to swim a lot, but I literally can't do it for that long now.

I don't know what I expect posting here. Any ideas what I can do to make myself fall asleep at a more reasonable hour? I feel constantly exhausted, but not really the sort of tired that makes me actually sleep, more that the rest of me feels weak and out of energy, but my eyes feel really awake. That sounds mental

If nothing else, hello! It's nice to see a society where other insomniacs will be about,since not much happens this time of the day.
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey

I just don't really sleep early anymore, even if I'm up at 6:30am everyday for Uni I can't sleep until 2/3am even if I'm constantly busy the whole day I still don't sleep, it's weird.

There's usually people around, you just have to watch out for the odd drunken post :p:
zakiman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Light Weights :p:
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ElectricOceans)
Hi Daz.

I didn't really want much this year, so mainly asked for money. But got some clothes and small presents. What about you?
I'm too old for any good presents. I got a new PC monitor which was handy seeing as my last one blew up and some smelly stuff. I hate how my presents are so practical now, when in the past they were just silly

(Original post by Joanna May)
Hey all, though I'd come and post here since I think I've made myself an insomniac. Bascially, I'm back home after doing a three month placement in France. I have literally nothing to do (can't get a job, all friends are at uni), so I spend a lot of time watching TV/reading/internetting. My problem is basically that I'm constantly exhausted, but unable to actually sleep.
  • I thought that maybe setting a good routine would help, so I started setting an alarm to get up about nine every morning. It hasn't worked, since I'm still not getting tired until about 4 am.
  • I've tried going to bed earlyish (about 10pm) but I literally just lie there for hours on end not tired or sleeping.
  • I thought maybe I just didn't need much sleep, but when I don't set an alarm, I easily sleep from 4am to about midday/1pm, which is a good 8 or 9 hours.
  • I've tried doing more during the day, but I'm physically too exhausted to do it properly. I can just about manage half a hour of bike riding or something, but I just don't have the energy for any more than that, and that's a real struggle. I used to swim a lot, but I literally can't do it for that long now.

I don't know what I expect posting here. Any ideas what I can do to make myself fall asleep at a more reasonable hour? I feel constantly exhausted, but not really the sort of tired that makes me actually sleep, more that the rest of me feels weak and out of energy, but my eyes feel really awake. That sounds mental

If nothing else, hello! It's nice to see a society where other insomniacs will be about,since not much happens this time of the day.
Hello, welcome to the thread! I'm sorry you have such a tough time sleeping. Is there anything on your mind that would keep you up? Or are you taking any medicine that might keep you up?

It does sound like you know what the problem is. Its easy just to veg out when you have nothing to do. I dont neccesarily think you need to do anything that physically exerting but its just good to get some fresh air, stretch some legs and stimulate my mind in some other way. I would suggest taking a nice walk every day and getting rid of all caffeine (sorry, thats the best advice I can think of)

Another question, why do you feel you actually need a normal sleep pattern? Is 4am to 12pm really that bad?
(Original post by small&mighty)
There's usually people around, you just have to watch out for the odd drunken post :p:
Drunk posts? Who the devil would do a thing like that? :flutter:
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm too old for any good presents. I got a new PC monitor which was handy seeing as my last one blew up and some smelly stuff. I hate how my presents are so practical now, when in the past they were just silly
I know exactly what you mean, the older you get you really do notice how practical presents become and I’m only 17 :eek:. I remember you telling me about the incident with the PC monitor, that’s a pretty good present considering its something you actually needed and will use. Although I do miss the days when I was about 7 and the whole feeling of Christmas was really overly exciting. It all goes a bit flat after awhile usually when you get to the age where you realise Santa doesn't exist. :p:
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Drunk posts? Who the devil would do a thing like that? :flutter:
I wonder :rolleyes: :p:
red_Rose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:ninja:
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ElectricOceans)
It all goes a bit flat after awhile usually when you get to the age where you realise Santa doesn't exist. :p:
Say what :hmmm:

If Santa doesn't exist then who bought me my screen? Who else would have known my old one broke? Are you mad man! :p:
(Original post by small&mighty)
I wonder :rolleyes: :p:
Ugh! There you go with your bullying again
red_Rose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
S&M is only bullying you :p:

love you really
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How are you Gemma dear? Did you watch Top Gear tonight?
red_Rose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im a bit ill with woman flu :p: I did watch top gear and im a bit sad that was the last episode in the series, thought it could have been better.

How was your christmas?
Joanna May
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It does sound like you know what the problem is. Its easy just to veg out when you have nothing to do. I dont neccesarily think you need to do anything that physically exerting but its just good to get some fresh air, stretch some legs and stimulate my mind in some other way. I would suggest taking a nice walk every day and getting rid of all caffeine (sorry, thats the best advice I can think of)
Thanks for the advice

Another question, why do you feel you actually need a normal sleep pattern? Is 4am to 12pm really that bad?
It's not a huge deal, just makes it awkward on the days where I do actually want to go out! And not a great deal goes on after midnight, on TV or simply in the case of people being awake or at home!
small&mighty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You know I don't mean it
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by red_Rose)
Im a bit ill with woman flu :p: I did watch top gear and im a bit sad that was the last episode in the series, thought it could have been better.

How was your christmas?
How do you feel now? Better I hope

It was ok thanks, a bit quiet at times but had its moments. I think the important thing this time of year is that we remember the true meaning of christmas, the birth of Santa.

How was yours?
red_Rose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im sitting with my box of kleenex next to me and my nose is running like mad I just wanna be better.

Have you got plans for new year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (489)
37.7%
No - but I will (100)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (620)
47.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise