Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Not sure what point your trying to make. Suarez scored 30 goals in 44 appearances last season in a relatively mediocre Liverpool team. He scored 49 goals in 48 games for Ajax the season before joining Liverpool. He has 31 goals in 62 appearances for Uruguay. Neymar may have more potential but Suarez is clearly miles ahead of him atm.
    It's quite irrelevant what Suarez has done a few years back although I appreciate it, I think Neymar is a Suarez level now, I think if you played him instead of Suarez he'd deliver the goods, could be wrong.

But with Neymars ridiculous potential plus he's Brazilian I think he's more of an valuable asset than Suarez honestly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    It's quite irrelevant what Suarez has done a few years back although I appreciate it, I think Neymar is a Suarez level now, I think if you played him instead of Suarez he'd deliver the goods, could be wrong.

But with Neymars ridiculous potential plus he's Brazilian I think he's more of an valuable asset than Suarez honestly
    So by that you judged the guy in the confed cup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)

Am I reading this right, you just said it's irrelevant what Suarez has done in the past but in an earlier post you were banging on about Neymar's goals return for Brazil. Potential is just that, potential. Neymar could easily flop at Barca, Robinho has been hyped up to a similar level so let's wait and see what he can do. I'm not sure why you'd mention Neymar being Brazilian makes him more of an asset that Suarez, since when does your nationality determine your value as a player?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Am I reading this right, you just said it's irrelevant what Suarez has done in the past but in an earlier post you were banging on about Neymar's goals return for Brazil. Potential is just that, potential. Neymar could easily flop at Barca, Robinho has been hyped up to a similar level so let's wait and see what he can do. I'm not sure why you'd mention Neymar being Brazilian makes him more of an asset that Suarez, since when does your nationality determine your value as a player?
    Sadly even at the top clubs, nationality does determine value often.

Bet if Neymar was called Harry Smith and was from Wood Green, he wouldnt be at Barca...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

Bet if Neymar was called Harry Smith and was from Wood Green, he wouldnt be at Barca...
    Really? I wonder how many other people agree with you on this.

I think players that are from the country the league is in are slightly overvalued but otherwise no.

ReputationRep:

Bale ?

ReputationRep:

Where did you learn that from? Its us fans who discriminate and devalue our home grown talent but it doesn't work like that for clubs and their management. Just look at Gareth Bales- British and valued at some ridiculous amount.

Neymar is at Barca 90% due to his agent and the rest is his actual talent. He's a decent player with some great skills but his pace, vision and strength amongst other things make him quite average at the moment at least. He does all these flicks and turns which look amazing but people forget that he's doing all that in Brazil where the defence is ****. Lets wait and see him at Barca

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Bale ?
    Lol he was the best player in the league last season ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Lol he was the best player in the league last season ffs
    I actually think Suarez was the best player last season. But anyway I think the poster was trying to use Bale as an example of someone from this country who will be at a massive team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Suarez will not join end of you think Rodgers going to let him go to another English club? Haha wake up he'd go abroad if anything to get away from English media and work on improving his image cause lets be honest he'd walk into any team hands down that kid is unreal performs at club and international stage!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The fact he is now despised by BVB fans and has said he feels his time is up there. Realistically, BVB are going to win as much next season as Arsenal and he'd get a year in London with much higher wages, he's on about 30k now.

No harm in bidding anyway. BVB would bite our hand off for 20m I'd bet.
    Nah, Dortmund seem like a stubborn club to me who don't really care about finance as much as we think, the way they probably see it is they got him for 4mill so who cares if he goes on a free.

Plus its clear he is dying to go Bayern and will probably waste a year to go there.

(Original post by KD35)
    Really? I wonder how many other people agree with you on this.

I think players that are from the country the league is in are slightly overvalued but otherwise no.
    I would say they are, look at george best you cannot tell me he wouldn't be worth more if he was playing for brazil as opposed to ireland in this day an age

ReputationRep:
    "We believe in them(In reference to Morata and Jesé, Madrid youth talents) and they deserve this opportunity. They are also very good. If Higuaín leaves, we are not going to sign a new forward"

There's only one place for Suarez now, Its only a matter of time.

Sauce: http://www.marca.com/2013/07/24/en/f...374696070.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    "We believe in them(In reference to Morata and Jesé, Madrid youth talents) and they deserve this opportunity. They are also very good. If Higuaín leaves, we are not going to sign a new forward"

There's only one place for Suarez now, Its only a matter of time.

Sauce: http://www.marca.com/2013/07/24/en/f...374696070.html
    Marca's extremely unreliable though?

ReputationRep:
    btw I'm just wondering.. why is Arsenal the most popular club on TSR? Our Society seems to have always been the most active/more members/more discussion?

In other news...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Marca's extremely unreliable though?
    Concerning other clubs news yeah they are unreliable but Real Madrid and Marca have very strong connections, you won't find any anti Madrid articles in Marca. Its basically the mouthpiece of Real Madrid presidents. Plus it a direct quote which has alot of reasonable logic behind it.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez + Fellaini = £73mill

use the the money from gervinho and monnone sales and done we've bought the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Suarez + Fellaini = £73mill

use the the money from gervinho and monnone sales and done we've bought the league.
    I don't really understand where people think Fellaini would play. DM? He spent last season pretty much playing as a second striker, and I'm not convinced that he's good enough defensively.

I really think that we need a DM (since Song left our midfield has not had enough physicality). But I'm not sure it should be Fellaini.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    I don't really understand where people think Fellaini would play. DM? He spent last season pretty much playing as a second striker, and I'm not convinced that he's good enough defensively.

I really think that we need a DM (since Song left our midfield has not had enough physicality). But I'm not sure it should be Fellaini.

He has stated that DM is his natural and preferred position but I would still prefer Etienne Capoue perfect blend of physical strength and technical ability.

“I prefer defensive midfielder because I know my job when I play there. More things are in front of you. It is difficult to play with your back to goal. It is not my position but the manager likes me there and I am happy to do it.” -Fellaini

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I actually think Suarez was the best player last season. But anyway I think the poster was trying to use Bale as an example of someone from this country who will be at a massive team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And what I'm saying is that when you're that good, it's not surprising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Where did you learn that from? Its us fans who discriminate and devalue our home grown talent but it doesn't work like that for clubs and their management. Just look at Gareth Bales- British and valued at some ridiculous amount.

Neymar is at Barca 90% due to his agent and the rest is his actual talent. He's a decent player with some great skills but his pace, vision and strength amongst other things make him quite average at the moment at least. He does all these flicks and turns which look amazing but people forget that he's doing all that in Brazil where the defence is ****. Lets wait and see him at Barca
    Easily, Brazilians are always worth more. Look at hulk. English players are worth more than they should be, that's just how it is

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.