Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Spurs are actually a promising little team. Easy to mock players like Lamela but he could easily take off next season and look like a £30m player, the youve got Eriksen, Capoue, Dembele etc and they have a proper midfield. Top GK, decent CBs as well so they really need just wing backs and Adebayor to play to potential for them to be right up there. Dont really rate Pochettino though, at all.

Van Gaal could well be a disaster. Many Utd fans have convinced themselves that the problem this year was Moyes and that a few transfers will get them back where they were when they need about 7 first team players to do that. That and the fact Van Gaal is a nutcase who alienates everyone around him given enough time.
    Lul at 7

4 at most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Lul at 7

4 at most
    I'd say 4 at minimum. Your defence has been decimated by retirements/leaving players/inadequate players/injuries this season. You need 2/3 first team players there alone.

I'd say you need a new CM or two, a winger, a CB or two and a LB/RB. At minimum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Wat :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    I take it back.. no one can rival him.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...62758&page=119

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    I'd say 4 at minimum. You're defence has been decimated by retirements/leaving players/inadequate players/injuries this season. You need 2/3 first team players there alone.

I'd say you need a new CM or two, a winger, a CB or two and a LB/RB. At minimum.
    He said first team though. De Gea, Mata, Rooney and RVP are definitely good enough (even if one is slightly out of position). Carrick is good enough for another year. Evans is competent when alongside an experienced CB and Rafael has shown he's good enough and will improve.

So that's

De Gea
    Rafael CB Evans LB
    Carrick CM
    Winger Mata Rooney
    RVP

And we could get away with playing Januzaj/Nani on that wing, so it's 3 or 4 first teamers. I agree we need maybe 2 more for depth, although the youngsters could provide that.

ReputationRep:
    I still lol at "Van Gaal was the wrong choice. He's done nothing for this club" after being in the job about 3 days :lol:

ReputationRep:
    That's brilliant! The guy is just brilliant!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still lol at "Van Gaal was the wrong choice. He's done nothing for this club" after being in the job about 3 days :lol:
    I'm still fairly certain he's a troll and if so, it is very good trolling tbf

ReputationRep:
    Honestly the best post on FF, ever

ReputationRep:
    No one is breaking 90 points any time soon, the league is way way way too competitive for that any more.
    Nahh, it's really not.

City got 86 and that was after an unreasonably horrible away record for half the season.

Liverpool got 84 and that was without a defence.

I'd go out on a limb and say that someone of this year's top three will reach 90 points next season.

ReputationRep:
    Eboracum deserves to be knighted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Nahh, it's really not.

City got 86 and that was after an unreasonably horrible away record for half the season.

Liverpool got 84 and that was without a defence.

I'd go out on a limb and say that someone of this year's top three will reach 90 points next season.
    I'll make the opposite prediction. The winner of the 2014/15 PL will get less points than this years winner.

90+ points has only been achieved 6 times in the entire PL era. There is a big difference between 86 and 90 in terms of overall season consistency even if it's only 4 points in total.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Real Madrid want to outbid us for Griezeman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Apparently Real Madrid want to outbid us for Griezeman
    Why?! Where would he even play?! We got dat French Connection doe!! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Why?! Where would he even play?! We got dat French Connection doe!! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Give us Di Maria instead? :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Give us Di Maria instead? :sogood:
    Everyone and their dog wants him though! Can't see Arsene being interested in a bidding war against teams with limitless funds.

ReputationRep:
    I'll make the opposite prediction. The winner of the 2014/15 PL will get less points than this years winner.

90+ points has only been achieved 6 times in the entire PL era. There is a big difference between 86 and 90 in terms of overall season consistency even if it's only 4 points in total.
    I'll make a prediction that Chelsea will next season.

ReputationRep:
    To finish with at least 90 points, a team can only afford to drop points in 8 games. I really don't see it. There's a genuine top 7 team now and the lower sides know all about parking the bus.

ReputationRep:
    Apparent price agreed for Morata is 8m however Juventus are said to want to compete with us for signing him?

Ehh he hasn't been spectacular, but Wenger probably sees more in him or that he'll develope into a much better player in the future. We have the perfect midfield/system to help and ease off some pressure off his back if he were to play for us up front but even if we did sign him I don't see him replacing Giroud in this first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Apparent price agreed for Morata is 8m however Juventus are said to want to compete with us for signing him?

Ehh he hasn't been spectacular, but Wenger probably sees more in him or that he'll develope into a much better player in the future. We have the perfect midfield/system to help and ease off some pressure off his back if he were to play for us up front but even if we did sign him I don't see him replacing Giroud in this first year.
    source? probs with some cheeky buy back clause for that price which will screw us over hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    source? probs with some cheeky buy back clause for that price which will screw us over hard

ahh **** didn't check the source till now. It's the express so ignore it if you want lol

edit : http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...s-9453311.html

No talk on price tag but includes Juventus interest

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.