Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Who else has GS Securities tomorrow?
    I have. Hopefully I do not get KO:d as fast as "The Mauler". ****ing hell still pissed

ReputationRep:
    havent heard back from GS / UBS / Rothschild - is it too early to send HR an email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    havent heard back from GS / UBS / Rothschild - is it too early to send HR an email?
    all three are near enough done, id send an email asap, lmk what they say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    Have you had an interview?
    I would find it odd to email HR if you haven't

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    ok, to give an anecdotal experience. ive experienced the culture of two europaen bbs, and experienced the culture of the top 3 american bbs. the arrogance ive experienced looking at the latter 3 is heavily higher, compared to the awesome culture tbh, of cs and ubs. now, would i be stupid for choosing that culture over an offer from jpm for instance? i think thats what i was trying to get at basically
    I would go wherever you think you will be happier. You want to find a balance between prestige and culture. CS and UBS are not bad banks! That being said, many people will find they fit the American BB culture and many will find they fit the European BB culture. It will not have a catastrophic impact on your career either way.

ReputationRep:
    all three are near enough done, id send an email asap, lmk what they say

(Original post by Aenigma)
    Have you had an interview?
    I would find it odd to email HR if you haven't

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haven't had an interview yet - that's what I'm waiting to hear on : ( I'll send them a short email i guess

ReputationRep:
    Got an email this afternoon from GS saying they believe I also have an interest in Research (I applied for IBD) and have arranged an Equities Research interview for Tuesday - did anyone else get this? Just a bit confused :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still havnt heard from BAML, BNP, UBS, Blackrock, Rotschild, RBS and Nomura. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    On a different topic, having read through this forum, do you think a candidate is at a disadvantage if they're not from a 'target' uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmwl)
    Got an email this afternoon from GS saying they believe I also have an interest in Research (I applied for IBD) and have arranged an Equities Research interview for Tuesday - did anyone else get this? Just a bit confused :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just go with the flow! No one says GS is wrong, if they say you have an interest in Research then you have an interest in Research! xD

Maybe something in your personal statement hinted at it? But it can only be a good thing I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mralpha)
    Still havnt heard from BAML, BNP, UBS, Blackrock, Rotschild, RBS and Nomura. What should I do?
    For BNPP check your application status on their site. I got rejected but they didn't even email me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmwl)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    did you only apply to ibd initially? thats awesome lol, they must really like you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aussie Dude ._.)
    For BNPP check your application status on their site. I got rejected but they didn't even email me.
    Could you link it? Wont really work when I try to log in through the "track your application" module.

ReputationRep:

Me too, haven't heard from Blackrock, Rothschild, RBS and Citi

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is anything you can do, tbh, just best to wait it out, unless you have exploding offers

(Original post by Toda)
    On a different topic, having read through this forum, do you think a candidate is at a disadvantage if they're not from a 'target' uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Like-for-like, Yes, but there are other important factors

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone send be a link where I can log in and see my application status at BNPP?

ReputationRep:
    Could you link it? Wont really work when I try to log in through the "track your application" module.
    It's not working for me either just keeps redirecting me to the homepage of the application communication centre. I think Rothschild are conducting their second week of interviews. My status didn't even go to under review, they just sent me an interview invite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aussie Dude ._.)
    Just go with the flow! No one says GS is wrong, if they say you have an interest in Research then you have an interest in Research! xD

Maybe something in your personal statement hinted at it? But it can only be a good thing I guess.
    I mentioned mergers and acquisitions in my personal statement, not really sure anything in there was directly focused on research but yeah I'll see how it goes! Just waiting on HR to confirm what time my interview will be

did you only apply to ibd initially? thats awesome lol, they must really like you
    Thanks yep I only put down IB/Corporate Finance as my divisional preference

ReputationRep:
    Any Spring weeks still open?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me the contact email for BNPP?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.