Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelo12231)
    Im using medify btw, is that suppose to be harder than the actual exam?

My exam is at 1:30, planning to stay up till 3am a good idea?
    Nah don't stay up to the morning. Have a good sleep and wake up early and do some extra practice to get urself in the mindset again

VR is generally harder/same than medify
    QR is much easier than medify
    AR is easier than medify

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d010534)
    Same here mate... I just need help from the Lord Himself ygm
    Same! You should be fine, your other sections were really good remember! I am just an all round terrible candidate for this.
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Don't do bad
    Why thank you -_-
    (Original post by Angelo12231)
    My exam is tomorrow and I only done a few days worth of practice which was just mocks... Im getting like 590 lmao... Is it possible to bring my chances of a 700 up in 1 night?
    I too am aiming for the big 700 tomorrow. Predicting I will get about 610 though. Doesn't matter for me if QR is easier, I suck at it either way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    Same! You should be fine, your other sections were really good remember! I am just an all round terrible candidate for this.

Why thank you -_-

I too am aiming for the big 700 tomorrow. Predicting I will get about 610 though. Doesn't matter for me if QR is easier, I suck at it either way
    Nope they were ****, I had done Practice Test B 3 times before hand and still forgotten ****. OTL
    I am officially freaking out rn I need help but Idk what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamin96)
    Is an average of 665 good enough for kings and queen Mary dentistry I'm also getting predicted a first in biomed. Pretty pissed off qr is not as easy as people say but ar is easy as baaaallls

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats😊😊

ReputationRep:

Why thank you -_-

Predict yourself 700 if u are aiming for it. Not having faith in yourself causes u to not try as hard as ur capable of doing.

ReputationRep:
    Did mine today, 2nd time doing it.Got 700 average
    VR 580
    QR 770
    AR 750
    SJ Band 1
    Very pleased. What universities are very tight on UKCAT scores?

ReputationRep:

Why thank you -_-

I pretty much suck at every section... i think 700 is possible even if you didnt do so well in mocks... every test is different and you're always more prepared after each hour you practice so get cracking

ReputationRep:
    on the AR mini mock on medify i got 570 but in the normal practice tests i get 770???
    idk whats going on?? i have done all the medify practice questions so most of the patterns were familiar but i panicked in my mini mock so maybe thats why
    (((((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HT98)
    is 304 high then? well I have 5As and a B in Scottish Highers which is worth 192 points. I got 2As in Advanced Higher Biology and Advanced Higher Chemistry which is worth 112 points, so total of 304. what do u think of my chances of getting an interview at Queen Mary's.
    just want to tell you that the UCAS tariff includes A level predicted grades and extra stuff such as grade 8 piano. The AS achieved grades aren't part of the ucas tariff, however universities obviously look at your achieved AS grades

ReputationRep:
    My predictions are A*AAB (carrying on all 4 A levels)
    Maths A*
    Biology AChemistry A
    Economics B
    EPQ predicted A

AS results AAAB
    I am thinking of Barts as well.
    Barts asks for AAA, but due to competition do you think I am at disadvantage that I didn't get predicted an A* in a science and I got 645 average Band 3 in ukcat

ReputationRep:
    Say I got predicted all A* (in my dreams) and applied to Barts. Would Barts gives an offer of A*A*A for instance to balance up my average ukcat score of 645 band 3.
    First I need to get an interview aahhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    on the AR mini mock on medify i got 570 but in the normal practice tests i get 770???
    idk whats going on?? i have done all the medify practice questions so most of the patterns were familiar but i panicked in my mini mock so maybe thats why
    (((((
    I got exactly the same as you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janoschr)
    VR 580
    QR 770
    AR 750
    SJ Band 1
    Well done, a very good score. I know that KCL/Newcastle are UKCAT heavy, Manchester have a cut off score but you should be above that no problem, Nottingham break down the UKCAT quite thoroughly and score it from there i.e. on each section, but with your score you should be good to apply anywhere really.

If you don't mind me asking, which resources did you use, and what were your mock scores and last years score??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janoschr)
    VR 580
    QR 770
    AR 750
    SJ Band 1
    Whoah!!! AR+QR Tips pls!!!

KCL, QMUL, Newcastle, Glasgow, St Andrews all need quite high scores. Yours is enough to get u an offer!

ReputationRep:
    I got exactly the same as you.
    in the practice or the mini mock?

ReputationRep:
    Because I am getting like 15/40. This isn't good at all for my aim.

Simple data as in...?
    Whatever is given on Medify, it's simplified by nearly 70% in the actual test (for me in QR, that is) all the questions didn't have any extra information (like bullet points) and were short and simple to understand. In essence, it was extremely underwhelming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Based on what I've heard, you have a shot at getting an interview, but I don't know what score would put you in a "good" position to get an interview for GED.

Honestly though try to perfect your PS because King's actually mark it. You don't want there to be any weaknesses in your application

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what was your ukcat score*

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I just sat the UKcat today, I got 663.3 which I'm happy about since the VR was completely SOLID!

VR 590
    QR 750
    AR 650
    Band 1

Any later sitters - I deffo recommend medify for practice and I'd highly recommend you practice under timed conditions. I can't stress that enough. I used ISC 1000 also: the maths in this is way harder than the actual test so do not stress if you're spending a lot of time on those. I can provide my mock scores for medify etc also if it'll help anyone.

Planning to apply for Glasgow (hopefully cut off will be like 2016 entry), Dundee, Aberdeen and St Andrews.... I'm applying as a graduate, aiming for a 2:1 in my life science degree.

Make sure you relaaaaaax before the exam!
    If you would like any tips just ask.
    Best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kgla24)
    Hey guys I just sat the UKcat today, I got 663.3 which I'm happy about since the VR was completely SOLID!

VR 590
    QR 750
    AR 650
    Band 1

Any later sitters - I deffo recommend medify for practice and I'd highly recommend you practice under timed conditions. I can't stress that enough. I used ISC 1000 also: the maths in this is way harder than the actual test so do not stress if you're spending a lot of time on those. I can provide my mock scores for medify etc also if it'll help anyone.

Planning to apply for Glasgow (hopefully cut off will be like 2016 entry), Dundee, Aberdeen and St Andrews.... I'm applying as a graduate, aiming for a 2:1 in my life science degree.

Best
    hi how did you find the ukcat and medify mocks in comparison to the actual test? I am struggling with UKCAT pratice and doing kind of okay for medify atm just varies a lot... Was the VR and QR text heavy? Was the AR simplistic patterns generally or did it have multiple conditions? Got mine on Saturday and starting to panic! I botched the test last year so hoping this year I can at least get some inverview experience!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kgla24)

VR 590
    QR 750
    AR 650
    Band 1

Best
    Well done, great score! How would you say the test compared to medify for each section and could you share your mock results please, thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.