Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool fan here - just wanted to say dreadful refereeing. Especially that second yellow.

ReputationRep:
    one positive; almunia has been excellent so far

ReputationRep:
    Almunia on that big game tip.

ReputationRep:
    Iniesta and his laser guided vision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    No, replay showed he made little contact. Alves didn't need to go down screaming.

What was nonsense was Valdes swinging his arm into Cesc's face and Abidal grabbing RVP by the neck (which DID warrant a red).

Barca deserve their goal but we only need to score 1 to be back in this.
    Replay showed he went after Alves for no reason as well. I understand the whole thing about Valdes and Cesc, but Cesc kept his head and didn't get into a fight. When you are playing an away game like this and know a single misstep will mean 98000 urging the ref to send you off you try and keep your composure, as one of the more senior members in the team Van Persie's first yellow was a daft one to pick up.

ReputationRep:
    finally the great barcelona are startin to play like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billa Bong)
    one positive; almunia has been excellent so far
    lol we know hes a good shot stopper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    This is not crumble - get out
    Looks like an Apple one to me

Nah, can't really call crumble on a 1 goal lead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Replay showed he went after Alves for no reason as well. I understand the whole thing about Valdes and Cesc, but Cesc kept his head and didn't get into a fight. When you are playing an away game like this and know a single misstep will mean 98000 urging the ref to send you off you try and keep your composure, as one of the more senior members in the team Van Persie's first yellow was a daft one to pick up.
    What is your opinion on Abidal grabbing RVP by the neck, then? Is that not daft and unprofessional?

ReputationRep:
    that was the last chance, barcelona are stupid if theyget knocked out tonight look how many chances they have had

ReputationRep:
    Bendtner you really are Bent!

ReputationRep:
    Oh Nicholas

ReputationRep:
    Almost... I thought you'd got a second then!

ReputationRep:
    This is what I mean when I saw we NEED A QUALITY BACK-UP STRIKER.

Was RvP is gone, we don't have enough quality for the level we play at.

ReputationRep:
    That was thee chance...

ReputationRep:
    WHAT A CHANCE FOR BENDTNER!!!
    please tell me why the **** is he still at arsenal...if that was VP; BANGGGGGG

ReputationRep:
    You don't think the red card totally changed the match!? Cos imo it pretty clearly totally changed the team and meant we had no outball. The goal gave us a foothold but then the red card undid that.
    Course it changed the game and of course we have a better chance of progressing with an extra man, and our best striker on the pitch. We lost an outball but the outball wasn't getting anywhere to begin with, of the dozen times it was slogged out of defence RvP was having very little luck in holding the ball up and building attacks. It was more effective playing diagonal and down the line to Nasri.

Djourou has been excellent, Almunia surprisingly too.

Course having typed all this Robin would probably have done better than Bendtner with that.. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    i retract some of my former statements

ReputationRep:
    What is your opinion on Abidal grabbing RVP by the neck, then? Is that not daft and unprofessional?
    It is, and could've easily gotten a booking(or even sending off) for it. I just think RVP should've stayed calm like Wilshere and Cesc, he would've been far more useful and not be walking a tight rope unnecessarily.

ReputationRep:
    arsenal are pathetic, look how they dont even try to score, they wanna pass instead of launching, im happy they are getting knocked out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.