Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Still nervous about WJEC english boundaries... halp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icesk8ing97)
    how do you know your result?
    We were given a mark in march i got 55 for the ocr english language but the exam board didnt give us a grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    Im soooo happy 55 for an A in the English Language exam and i exactly got 55 :bban:
    Are they taken from the June boundaries (58 A*, 53A) or are they the January boundaries which are yet to be released until tomorrow (Results Day).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    Now I'm thinking I may have a chance but I'm still nervous.

when the french listening was playing , i was like, what the hell is she saying? seven years of french down the drain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedSchool)
    Are they taken from the June boundaries (58 A*, 53A) or are they the January boundaries which are yet to be released until tomorrow (Results Day).
    it was January praise the lord i didnt resit my freind was forcing me to hahaha and the january boundaries have been released http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/128198-...nuary-2013.pdf This is Ocr btw not AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marz2312)
    Hi, AQA grade boundaries for Biology unit 3 are quite low ( 36/60=A* and 30/60=A) i studied edexcel for my sciences and the grade boundries for edexcel biology unit 3 are 51/60 for A* and 48/60 for an A. Why do the two exam board differ so much?

The exam that i did in june for AQA was very hard but i can see where you're coming from, chemistry and physics the grade boundary for a* is 41

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody point me into the right direction to get my WJEC Religious Studies grade boundaries?! It's the only exam I haven't yet seen the boundaries for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icesk8ing97)
    sounds good but i wanted to do maths and modern forign languages so you can do maths and then spanish adn french and then you can choose more and they teach you from scratch up to a level level x
    Ohhh I see, sorry! Hmm, you might have to do a bit more research to see if you're studying maybe one language as part of the course, you can do another ab initio.

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's plan concerning opening them: with friends, alone, with parents?

I'm collecting mine from the common room (alongside the other 450 people in my year) so I'm thinking of going to hide away in one of the corners there to open them, but if it's anything like last year before I get a chance to see them I'll be swarmed by my teachers, making revealing them very scary!

Might have to work out an easy escape route, y'know, just in case..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabbadejab)
    The exam that i did in june for AQA was very hard but i can see where you're coming from, chemistry and physics the grade boundary for a* is 41

Yeah its quite confusing... Anyway thanks for your reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hBreadman)
    What's everyone's plan concerning opening them: with friends, alone, with parents?

I'm collecting mine from the common room (alongside the other 450 people in my year) so I'm thinking of going to hide away in one of the corners there to open them, but if it's anything like last year before I get a chance to see them I'll be swarmed by my teachers, making revealing them very scary!

Might have to work out an easy escape route, y'know, just in case..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I get mine at the Post Office. Will open them in the car probably with dad beside me and just waiting until I've taken it in before he looks.

More importantly, you have 450 people in your year?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    They're quality. What do you mean the rest are wjec?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My other subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All-rounder)
    I am! I just neeeed to know the day before what grades to expect depending on how well I though I did in the exam. Even if it isn't good news it'll give some piece of mind knowing the bounderies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's pretty much my thinking on boundaries too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    My other subjects
    Do the wjec boundaries get release midnight or tomorrow morning? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Quick questions before the big day :
    Will the results slip/certificates show only the overall grade or will they also show the individual module grades? And are all the results on one results slip or do they give you one slip per exam board?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by jabbadejab)
    when the french listening was playing , i was like, what the hell is she saying? seven years of french down the drain.
    Too bloody right.

ReputationRep:
    What are the Isa boundaries in science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it wrong to want to open your results locked in the school toilets??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Quick questions before the big day :
    Will the results slip/certificates show only the overall grade or will they also show the individual module grades? And are all the results on one results slip or do they give you one slip per exam board?
    They show both, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    it was January praise the lord i didnt resit my freind was forcing me to hahaha and the january boundaries have been released http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/128198-...nuary-2013.pdf This is Ocr btw not AQA

this is gce not gcse...

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.