Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    FREE FO- oh.

Interesting idea. Do you pay back interest? Give loans? Or are you guys literally just an alternative to keeping your money at home?

More importantly, when do you run away with the cash?
    Students get interest!
    Don't give loans, basically an alternative but also to teach kids on finance. Mostly Year 7s who are interested because sixth forms couldn't care less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    today I got told I got 3rd in Northern Ireland in French GCSE :cool: pretty pleased, not gonna lie
    almost makes me regret not taking french to a level... (almost)
    Congratulations

Somebody else here got 2nd (maybe 1st I don't remember), coincidentally :mmm:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Students get interest!
    Don't give loans, basically an alternative but also to teach kids on finance. Mostly Year 7s who are interested because sixth forms couldn't care less
    How is this paid for?

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite ticked off that I wasn't signed up to spend one of my free periods every two weeks helping out in a lower school Maths class, just because my form tutor didn't actually submit the form we all put our names on Would have been enriching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    I'm quite ticked off that I wasn't signed up to spend one of my free periods every two weeks helping out in a lower school Maths class, just because my form tutor didn't actually submit the form we all put our names on Would have been enriching.
    I do this and my 'students' don't do anything, they just sit there and talk amongst themselves. I get paid £5 per hour so I can't complain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twisted)
    I do this and my 'students' don't do anything, they just sit there and talk amongst themselves. I get paid £5 per hour so I can't complain
    Do you take a class by yourself or something? I would have been effectively a teaching assistant in a class. Unpaid, but I wasn't planning on doing it for the money :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Do you take a class by yourself or something? I would have been effectively a teaching assistant in a class. Unpaid, but I wasn't planning on doing it for the money :pierre:

I tutor someone in year 11 who is struggling to get their C in gcse maths, and I hadn't known I got paid for it when i signed up, did it for the ucas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    How is this paid for?
    It is part of Natwest

ReputationRep:
    My sociology homework was basically writing about chavs lol

And I think I may be doing my work experience at the university of Nottingham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    today I got told I got 3rd in Northern Ireland in French GCSE :cool: pretty pleased, not gonna lie
    almost makes me regret not taking french to a level... (almost)
    Hey! Well done! That's really weird - I got 2nd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabblethefish)
    I'm loving the free:lesson ratio, unfortunately you can't quite beat my Wednesday week B

P1: Free
    P2: Physics, we did a test, got an A!!!!! (so pleased, first sign of good progress so far this year).
    P3: Free
    P4: Free
    P5: I had a free but - plot twist - I also made myself a cup of tea
    I definitely can't beat! Still feel privileged that I have at least one free every day - having no full days anymore is great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ultralex)
    I definitely can't beat! Still feel privileged that I have at least one free every day - having no full days anymore is great!
    I don't think I could make it through college without my Monday morning free O_o

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Hey guys! How are you all? It has been aaaages! Who's still on?!
    Hola señorita! How are things going with you? What subjects are you taking now?

ReputationRep:
    :gthumb: 36 Days until COD: Ghosts ! :blow::present:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You lucky English folk, I'm just casually scrolling through this thread and I see some of your timetables - :eek: - some of you have FOUR frees (I'm talking about you financier!). I'm taking 5 Highers and suffice to say, the stress is starting to show: I've had about 4 NABs already, done 5 essays for English, 4 physics tests (failed every one bar the last one we had), 6 practical assessments for Technological Studies; 3 essays, 3 listening practice NABs and 3 "Directed Wrtings" for French.

For each subject I have 6 periods a week plus an enrichment where we have to learn how to record songs, host live gigs in our school and perform in front of the school (first one's tomorrow!)

Help ME!

I've also got 2 English essays due tomorrow, why, cruel world why?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how do you take notes in class? Do you come home & write them up in neat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ultralex)
    Ah, that's the sad thing, I think two days on week B I have all lessons! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Well the peer reading volunteers list is full in the first day I don't know how to 'give back to the community' now

On the plus side I get a day off next week to go to a uni open day on top of a teacher strike, score!

Also, is it me or is the entire math course being taught to us in a matter of a few school terms? Or is there really that much coursework to get though O.O

(Original post by sr-96)
    Hey guys, how do you take notes in class? Do you come home & write them up in neat?
    I just write the subject title, examples from the board, answer the questions given and job done But i'd like to make neat/annotated versions where each sheet explains concisely each topic, bullet points and whatnot, maybe even underline parts in answers that get the marks, right now everything isl thrown in a folder under the subject title

ReputationRep:
    Health day today - zumba, meditation (it got cancelled so I started reading 'Angels and Demons' by Dan Brown) and then self defence! We also had chemistry last and we just got our tests back and went through pi and sigma bonds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitch96)
    Well the peer reading volunteers list is full in the first day I don't know how to 'give back to the community' now

On the plus side I get a day off next week to go to a uni open day on top of a teacher strike, score!

I just write the subject title, examples from the board, answer the questions given and job done But i'd like to make neat/annotated versions where each sheet explains concisely each topic, bullet points and whatnot, maybe even underline parts in answers that get the marks, right now everything isl thrown in a folder under the subject title
    Haha sounds great, i use underlining to help me remember too! After each lesson i come home and write up my notes in neat, is this wasting time?:confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.