Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Apparent price agreed for Morata is 8m however Juventus are said to want to compete with us for signing him?

Ehh he hasn't been spectacular, but Wenger probably sees more in him or that he'll develope into a much better player in the future. We have the perfect midfield/system to help and ease off some pressure off his back if he were to play for us up front but even if we did sign him I don't see him replacing Giroud in this first year.
    would not be very confidnet going into a season with a strike force of:

Giroud
    Morata
    Sanogo

-- Just seems very average to me.. none are really top class, there is a lot of potential though, but really it would mean rellying one one of them to have a break-out season to become a forward line that people feared..

A 4th striker would make it a lot better, someone of girouds level or above.. but then its not easy to accomodate 4 strikers, in a team that only uses 1.. Maybe if its a striker that can double as a winger.. Or maybe if wenger added goals to the midfield, and brought in a winger who could contribute more goals then the current line-up (though ofcourse walcott will help here..)

Either way.. those 3 do not fill me with a lot of confidence..

ReputationRep:
    Many conflicting reports on Morata atm, but AS write that he has already agreed terms with Juve and that the clubs just need to agree on a fee. They have the closest links to Real after Marca, so they're usually fairly reliable on the RM front.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    would not be very confidnet going into a season with a strike force of:

Giroud
    Morata
    Sanogo

-- Just seems very average to me.. none are really top class, there is a lot of potential though, but really it would mean rellying one one of them to have a break-out season to become a forward line that people feared..

A 4th striker would make it a lot better, someone of girouds level or above.. but then its not easy to accomodate 4 strikers, in a team that only uses 1.. Maybe if its a striker that can double as a winger.. Or maybe if wenger added goals to the midfield, and brought in a winger who could contribute more goals then the current line-up (though ofcourse walcott will help here..)

Either way.. those 3 do not fill me with a lot of confidence..
    I think both Giroud and Sanogo will have better seasons.
    Giroud's link up play has been quite good and though he's not a great finisher, some of his assists have been crucial (see Ramsey's winning goal). The problem we've faced this season is that we've missed Ramsey/Walcott and have had to rely on the likes of Podolski/Cazorla/Rosicky who don't really make the runs forward so Giroud has pretty much been alone. If Ramsey and Walcott stay fit next season (along with said new LW) then Giroud will have so much more options and we won't be consistently criticising him about his lack of ability.

Sanogo just needs more game time to develope and though I doubt he'll ever become our main striker, he looks quite promising to use as a rotation player for the smaller games. He really does look like a donkey when playing but that's not to take away from the threat and presence he's provided as we've seen in this FA cup run.

Morata however does seem quite average. I haven't been impressed with him. If you put an average player around the world's best, the player will look a lot better than they actually are. However that's not to say he's bad. If said rumours about him being only 8m than I think that would be a good deal, because he does have the potential to be better. If we settled for Morata I would satisfied, based on knowing that : one, we'd have covered CDM with some one of high calibre and two, we sign either Vela or Griezeman.

ReputationRep:
    If we buy Morata, great, but we need to buy someone even better as well. We need someone who's gonna score near to 30 PL goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On SSN Radio I heard something along the lines of Loic Remy.

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas returning to arsenal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Fabregas returning to arsenal?
    We absolutely have no need for him, but I'd love him back.

Imagine Cesc, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere, Rosicky, Diaby, Arteta, Flamini all competing for 3 spots though :laugh:

Would happily flog Cazorla for £25m+ to make room tbh

ReputationRep:
    Sky Sources: Cesc Fabregas set to leave Barcelona this summer & expected to return to Premier League

Well that's settled, no way is Wenger standing by and letting him join another PL club. We have some sell on clauses I think so we could do it cheaper than the others anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

Imagine Cesc, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Wilshere, Rosicky, Diaby, Arteta, Flamini all competing for 3 spots though :laugh:

I think I've worked out Wenger's game plan.

"**** it let's corner the market on creative midfielders, increase demand way over supply so that FFP ****s over the oil baron clubs who overspend to get what they want."

Putting that Masters in Economics to good use :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

This is a lie!!

What happened when we had Ramsey, Ozil and Wilshere out? We were playing Arteta and Flamini (the stuff of nightmares) together centrally. Lord knows why you included that guy Diaby in the list, more chance of pigs flying than him being fit for a season and being of any actual use!

For all this so-called depth we have in midfield there is quite a drop off in quality once you get past the starters. If he was available I would drive to Barcelona myself and pick him up, he adds both numbers and quality.

I don't want to be seeing Arteta having the role he did this season, he should be a bit part player at best next season.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger will just wait for a PL club to bid and then hijack the deal. Easiest way to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    To finish with at least 90 points, a team can only afford to drop points in 8 games. I really don't see it. There's a genuine top 7 team now and the lower sides know all about parking the bus.
    That's only if they lose all 8 games, which is unrealistic. If they draw all the games they don't win, it's 12. So somewhere in between that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    That's only if they lose all 8 games, which is unrealistic. If they draw all the games they don't win, it's 12. So somewhere in between that.
    That's only been done once though, hardly a regular occurrence for a team to win 26, draw 12 and lose none.

I know you said between those two but still it's a hell of an ask. It makes the 95 Chelsea got all the more impressive.

ReputationRep:
    So strange how Cesc, Remy, and Aurier rumors have heatened up all within the space of a few hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    That's only been done once though, hardly a regular occurrence for a team to win 26, draw 12 and lose none.

I know you said between those two but still it's a hell of an ask. It makes the 95 Chelsea got all the more impressive.
    Yeah I agree it's unlikely, I was just saying it's not as hard as 419 was saying.

If anyone's gonna do it it will surely be City.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Yeah I agree it's unlikely, I was just saying it's not as hard as 419 was saying.

If anyone's gonna do it it will surely be City.
    If they get a CB pairing that can stay fit and wrap Aguero in cotton wool then they'd be the most likely yeah. I still don't think it'll happen any time soon because how easily teams at the bottom manage to take points off the best teams.

ReputationRep:
    lol had a dream the other day where fabregas is bundled in to a utd shirt by de gea and mata. he can replace arteta, and is less likely to lose the ball and more defensively reliable, if we get him

ReputationRep:
    4 weeks ago....

https://vine.co/v/M6aaTZAeUTJ

Mr Pum Pum is actually an ITK!! :rofl:

Mr Pum Pum >>>>> Geoff

ReputationRep:
    remy will get 28 gols for us next season

ReputationRep:
    If Cesc come back my word we will be stacked in central midfield...but still without a proper DM besides Flamini!

Özil, Cesc, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox, Rosicky and Gnabry are capable of playing CAM with Zelalem and Crowley two of the best prospects we've had for years.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.