Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzySaskia)
    33?! That seems fairly generous...although I suppose I don't know how many applicants those 33 were picked from...

But yes, ditto to your sentiments, good luck to everyone!
    288! Some of them would've got offers for straight History though. 11% is still eye-watering!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    How did Ed Miliband get in to do PPE at Corpus with only AABB in his A levels?
    There was no A* or anything so AABB was pretty much A*A*AA, which I'd think is probably good enough to get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    There was no A* or anything so AABB was pretty much A*A*AA, which I'd think is probably good enough to get in
    Lol No, the A is 80%(Uniform)so A=A*? Not really. It is just AABB those A's could be A*s but the B's are not A's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My dad got in for History at St John's and apparently you needed AAA to get in. Maybe they were equivalent to higher grades today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Lol No, the A is 80%(Uniform)so A=A*? Not really. It is just AABB those A's could be A*s but the B's are not A's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    idk I'm not English so I'm not entirely familiar with A levels. Might just have been it was harder to get higher percentages in those days so 80% might have actually been pretty good

My dad got in for History at St John's and apparently you needed AAA to get in. Maybe they were equivalent to higher grades today.
    College conditional variations? Not too sure if a college would really change it from AAA to AAB though

ReputationRep:
    idk I'm not English so I'm not entirely familiar with A levels. Might just have been it was harder to get higher percentages in those days so 80% might have actually been pretty good

College conditional variations? Not too sure if a college would really change it from AAA to AAB though
    Can't imagine it happening today! What have you applied for and what college btw?

ReputationRep:
    Can't imagine it happening today! What have you applied for and what college btw?
    Yeah never going to happen for us sadly
    Medicine at St Hugh's, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah never going to happen for us sadly
    Medicine at St Hugh's, what about you?
    History and Politics at Trinity

ReputationRep:
    History and Politics at Trinity
    I've got a friend who's applying for Trinity too, he says it's nice but personally I've never been there before.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a friend who's applying for Trinity too, he says it's nice but personally I've never been there before.
    I've found hardly any Trinity people! I thought it was a nice place on the open day definitely.

ReputationRep:
    I've found hardly any Trinity people! I thought it was a nice place on the open day definitely.
    I've noticed that Trinity Oxford has like no one applying there, whereas Trinity Cambridge has 7 billion people applying there, wonder why there's such a difference between the two.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the interviewee per place average ratio for the university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    Does anyone know the interviewee per place average ratio for the university?
    It varies by course. You can see the 2014 statistic on Oxfords website for whichever course you applied for.

ReputationRep:
    288! Some of them would've got offers for straight History though. 11% is still eye-watering!
    Oh wow that's a lot. Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    The figures for some of the Joint Honours courses can make one's eyes water! History and Economics: 16 got in; History and English: 9; History and Politics (which I applied for) 33! Good luck to all Joint Honours people!
    I'm not doing history related but I am doing joint honours- I applied for philosophy and linguistics and last year 3 people got in to do it!😂

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for History at Brasenose?? Also does anyone for History single honours have an interview yet??

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that Trinity Oxford has like no one applying there, whereas Trinity Cambridge has 7 billion people applying there, wonder why there's such a difference between the two.
    Yeah Trinity Cambridge is crazily oversubscribed! My friend got pooled from them post-interview last year. I haven't found any other Trinity Oxford HPOL applicants so hopefully my chances of getting an interview may be a little better, but probably not due to reallocation.
    Trinity Cambridge is much more well known I think. I hadn't heard of Trinity College Oxford until recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzySaskia)
    Oh wow that's a lot. Good luck to you!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been invited to an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatherineJohnson)
    Has anyone been invited to an interview yet?
    I have for Classics II at Corpus Christi

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.