The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spotify95
I was giving plenty of time - it's now been over a week and I decided that we can't keep counting incorrectly :nah:

If the worst comes to the worst, and the posts are put back, I can then just rule 16b these ones. But I'd rather count correctly (and possibly have to use rule 16b) than count incorrectly (in the hope of someone correcting things for us - and then have a thread full of wrong numbers if they don't deliver).

Indeed, you really did:yep:
Yes, I think that's the best way to go too. Better to not risk it - imagine the amount if work needed if the latter happened!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Matrix123
Indeed, you really did:yep:
Yes, I think that's the best way to go too. Better to not risk it - imagine the amount if work needed if the latter happened!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Normally I'd put rule 16b's in within a day or two of the error (at the latest) however there were quite a few posts and I was trying to liaise with the CT before doing any 16b's - however, a week later, something has/had to be done :yep:

It's a bit like what happened previously when a user was put on ignore, we ended up doing rule 16b's on the vast majority of affected threads, followed by a re-rule 16b when the posts were restored. However, we would rather do that, than have incorrect numbers that could possibly stay incorrect for ages.

There's no way I'd even allow us to count with a thread full of incorrect numbers. It was bad enough trying to find the correct number on the latest part of CTAM, after the global ignore mess!

Btw, could you please put some minus signs in your last posts? Thanks!

Normally I'd put rule 16b's in within a day or two of the error (at the latest) however there were quite a few posts and I was trying to liaise with the CT before doing any 16b's - however, a week later, something has/had to be done :yep:

It's a bit like what happened previously when a user was put on ignore, we ended up doing rule 16b's on the vast majority of affected threads, followed by a re-rule 16b when the posts were restored. However, we would rather do that, than have incorrect numbers that could possibly stay incorrect for ages.

There's no way I'd even allow us to count with a thread full of incorrect numbers. It was bad enough trying to find the correct number on the latest part of CTAM, after the global ignore mess!

Btw, could you please put some minus signs in your last posts? Thanks!

Ohh OK, yeah I get what you mean.
Ah that sounds really annoying! Yes, that's much better than lots of incorrect numbers. That's great to hear. Ooh, I can imagine the frustration! Of course, just did - so sorry about that! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Ohh OK, yeah I get what you mean.
Ah that sounds really annoying! Yes, that's much better than lots of incorrect numbers. That's great to hear. Ooh, I can imagine the frustration! Of course, just did - so sorry about that! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the understanding, and by the looks of things, everything is okay now :smile:

Anything to try and keep the thread running smoothly :smile:

Thanks for the understanding, and by the looks of things, everything is okay now :smile:

Anything to try and keep the thread running smoothly :smile:

You're welcome-I'm don't have to go through the trouble if making sure everything is OK, and it still annoyed me when things went wrong :tongue:

Haha that's good:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
-16169... i deserve a rep for all of these numbers...

Latest