Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    in the practice or the mini mock?
    mini mock.

doing them now (day before). typical me!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kgla24)
    Hey guys I just sat the UKcat today, I got 663.3 which I'm happy about since the VR was completely SOLID!

VR 590
    QR 750
    AR 650
    Band 1

Any later sitters - I deffo recommend medify for practice and I'd highly recommend you practice under timed conditions. I can't stress that enough. I used ISC 1000 also: the maths in this is way harder than the actual test so do not stress if you're spending a lot of time on those. I can provide my mock scores for medify etc also if it'll help anyone.

Planning to apply for Glasgow (hopefully cut off will be like 2016 entry), Dundee, Aberdeen and St Andrews.... I'm applying as a graduate, aiming for a 2:1 in my life science degree.

Make sure you relaaaaaax before the exam!
    If you would like any tips just ask.
    Best
    Any tips in general? Got mine TOMORROW. BWSDLSUBKSBCKMA,SZ AAAAAAATRGRRHRGRHGRHGRRGHGBIUEVG

HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    mini mock.

doing them now (day before). typical me!!!
    ahhh!! good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    ahhh!! good luck!
    You too man!!!!! I am panicking so much right now I feel like my heart is going to burst through my chest :/

ReputationRep:
    You too man!!!!! I am panicking so much right now I feel like my heart is going to burst through my chest :/
    The night before I was quite calm because I kept telling myself how I've prepared so well and I've reached my peak now and there's nothing more I can do. Stay calm and try and get a good nights sleep as that is very important! I really do wish you the best as I know exactly what you are feeling right now and I really do want you to do amazing! Like I said I can't wait to find out, I'm sure it'll go better than expected!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    don't panic too much!! dw you'll do fine!! the more you relax the better you'll perform in the exam

ReputationRep:
    Is a score of 673 enough to study medicine at manchester uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr PB)
    Is a score of 673 enough to study medicine at manchester uni?
    That score is very likely to meet the cut off based on previous years! Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    just want to tell you that the UCAS tariff includes A level predicted grades and extra stuff such as grade 8 piano. The AS achieved grades aren't part of the ucas tariff, however universities obviously look at your achieved AS grades
    but I'm a Scottish applicant so I don't do AS or A-levels, I do scottish highers and advanced highers instead, so surely ucas tariff includes highers as well. Anyway I've emailed them to ask if I have calculated my ucas tariff correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    That score is very likely to meet the cut off based on previous years! Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey michaela do you know the manchester cut off scores for dentistry? i got 665 and im a bit worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamin96)
    Hey michaela do you know the manchester cut off scores for dentistry? i got 665 and im a bit worried
    I've just googled it and apparently they don't use a cut off? I'd ring up and ask about how they use it though etc as I have no clue sorry I only know a bit about medicine but absolutely 0 about dentistry 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got my test tomorrow and doing mocks my main problem is definitely timing especially in quantitative and abstract reasoning. Has anyone got any last minute help or advice?

ReputationRep:
    The night before I was quite calm because I kept telling myself how I've prepared so well and I've reached my peak now and there's nothing more I can do. Stay calm and try and get a good nights sleep as that is very important! I really do wish you the best as I know exactly what you are feeling right now and I really do want you to do amazing! Like I said I can't wait to find out, I'm sure it'll go better than expected!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by mm_7)
    don't panic too much!! dw you'll do fine!! the more you relax the better you'll perform in the exam
    Thanks soo much guys. I'll be sure to update you when i GET BACK :')

ReputationRep:
    I've just googled it and apparently they don't use a cut off? I'd ring up and ask about how they use it though etc as I have no clue sorry I only know a bit about medicine but absolutely 0 about dentistry 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh no worries lol thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ell57)
    I've got my test tomorrow and doing mocks my main problem is definitely timing especially in quantitative and abstract reasoning. Has anyone got any last minute help or advice?
    If I don't get the pattern in about 30-45secs I guess and move on in abstract.

As for QR, my timing is soo bad so no help there unfortunatley.

I too have it tomorrow, so good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ell57)
    For QR if you don't get the data for one set then just guess and flag and go onto an easier set! It's not worth getting caught up! Same with AR. You just gotta be smart with when to move on tbh. Timing in QR wasn't a big issue for me on the day but it was for VR and AR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have my UKCAT tomorrow. I have been following this thread and it has been most helpful, thank you to all who contributed. Good luck for anyone still to sit their test!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittylorelli)
    I have my UKCAT tomorrow. I have been following this thread and it has been most helpful, thank you to all who contributed. Good luck for anyone still to sit their test!
    Best of luck! Let me know how you get on x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For QR if you don't get the data for one set then just guess and flag and go onto an easier set! It's not worth getting caught up! Same with AR. You just gotta be smart with when to move on tbh. Timing in QR wasn't a big issue for me on the day but it was for VR and AR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    would you say QR was similar to medify... when i do timed practice i keep getting around 12/20 ? freaking out!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    would you say QR was similar to medify... when i do timed practice i keep getting around 12/20 ? freaking out!!!
    I think 12/20 is fine tbh! In mocks I basically averaged overall about 650 which equates to 22-23 right out of 36 in the Kaplan book scoring sheet! I got 780 in QR and I used the calculator for every question as I don't trust myself to use mental maths when I'm rushed especially 😂 be quick on the num pad! And write down numbers you need on the whiteboard especially big ones as if its multi-step you don't want to have to go back and re calculate the first part as you accidentally typed the wrong number in your calculator! Id say similar to medify, mine were harder than UKCAT ninja thats for sure! Some questions were a lot easier than medify (only a few though). If you can understand the data on medify then I'd say you are good to go! Also try not to look at what you are typing with your fingers just look at the screen as this saves valuable seconds if you type it correctly anyway but if you are familiar with num pad you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.