Coca Cola (Sweet & Sticky)
    30.11%
    Pepsi (Cool & Crisp)
    36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    The contrivance was necessary, or induction?
    Both, if you are doing boxes and lines. The lecturer specifically said if the question says just "prove" rather than "give a structured proof" you can give a more informal, shorter, prose-like proof (last page in your lecture notes).

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    TheUnbeliever: Youth Hostel just does not appeal to me at all. I'm probably a bit of a snob, tho'.
    TheUnbeliever's friend: Oh, you are.

:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Both, if you are doing boxes and lines. The lecturer specifically said if the question says just "prove" rather than "give a structured proof" you can give a more informal, shorter, prose-like proof (last page in your lecture notes).
    Awesome. Incidentally, can you shed some light on precisely where to start/end the boxes? I asked my supervisor and she said she really wasn't very sure, and I really don't want to have to go look up the specific textbook the approach is from. :o: It looks like, in general terms, a box's scope is the proof of one sub-clause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Awesome. Incidentally, can you shed some light on precisely where to start/end the boxes? I asked my supervisor and she said she really wasn't very sure, and I really don't want to have to go look up the specific textbook the approach is from. :o: It looks like, in general terms, a box's scope is the proof of one sub-clause.
    You start a box as you make an assumption. You end the box when you discharge the assumption (i.e. you have proven what you wanted to prove from the assumption). The box is to stop you from using stuff inside it that could be not valid when the context of the assumption does not apply.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I went up to a young lady in the park this evening and said:

"Excuse me, I'm very sorry to trouble you but you don't happen to have seen a policeman anywhere near here have you?"

"No" she replied with a friendly smile, "I'm afraid I haven't"

That was when I got my knife out...

:awesome:

(Original post by Pedrobear)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I went up to a young lady in the park this evening and said:

"Excuse me, I'm very sorry to trouble you but you don't happen to have seen a policeman anywhere near here have you?"

"No" she replied with a friendly smile, "I'm afraid I haven't"

That was when I got my knife out...

You've been reading 'American Psycho' :awesome:

ReputationRep:

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Morning all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Morning all.

Planning an all-night homework excursion? I shall be joining you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)

Planning an all-night homework excursion? I shall be joining you.
    Well, maybe for a few hours. I've got to revise meiosis for human-*******-biology so hey-ho. I'm glad I got that sleep there...my omg is my throat killing me! :awesome:

(Original post by LuhLah)
    Well, maybe for a few hours. I've got to revise meiosis for human-*******-biology so hey-ho. I'm glad I got that sleep there...my omg is my throat killing me! :awesome:
    First sign of illness by stress. Do you need to study meiosis for a test or something?

ReputationRep:
    Work, done.
    Homework time :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    First sign of illness by stress. Do you need to study meiosis for a test or something?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    French!
    I figured if anyone would appreciate my embarrassing French moment of the day, it'd be you :p:
    I translated "millions of viewers" as "millions de trices" in an essay about TV.
    Why "trices"?
    The dictionary said "téléspectateur/trice" :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    I figured if anyone would appreciate my embarrassing French moment of the day, it'd be you :p:
    I translated "millions of viewers" as "millions de trices" in an essay about TV.
    Why "trices"?
    The dictionary said "téléspectateur/trice" :facepalm:
    To be perfectly honest, I don't know the word for viewers, so wouldn't have known there was anything wrong with that.:o:

What does it translate back as? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait, now I get it.

ReputationRep:
    To be perfectly honest, I don't know the word for viewers, so wouldn't have known there was anything wrong with that.:o:

What does it translate back as? :p:
    I looked it up and took what I assumed was the shorter option :p:
    I don't think it means anything :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait, now I get it.

I got ****ged. A lot :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    I looked it up and took what I assumed was the shorter option :p:
    I don't think it means anything :woo:
    Haha, I looked it up in the dictionary and couldn't find anything, major derp moment :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    Haha, I looked it up in the dictionary and couldn't find anything, major derp moment :facepalm:
    derp? :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.