Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    arsenal are pathetic, look how they dont even try to score, they wanna pass instead of launching, im happy they are getting knocked out.
    are you american?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    Course it changed the game and of course we have a better chance of progressing with an extra man, and our best striker on the pitch. We lost an outball but the outball wasn't getting anywhere to begin with, of the dozen times it was slogged out of defence RvP was having very little luck in holding the ball up and building attacks. It was more effective playing diagonal and down the line to Nasri.

Djourou has been excellent, Almunia surprisingly too.

Course having typed all this Robin would probably have done better than Bendtner with that.. :facepalm:
    Look man I agree with all that. I'm just sayin that after the goal, with 11 men on the pitch we would have given Barca a lot to do, a real lot. 10 men significantly less so. The team knew from then that they had a colossal task from then on and Barca's doubt was eliminated. RVP could have binned that chance like you said and possibly created more.

We can't underestimate the damage that red card did tonight. Barca dominated but we could possibly have resisted without that dubious decision.

ReputationRep:
    Credit to Almunia they could have won by 10 ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Contentious decisions or not,

Barcelona were deserved winners overall.
    You played well though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayne101)
    arsenal are pathetic, look how they dont even try to score, they wanna pass instead of launching, im happy they are getting knocked out.
    **** off you utter shi

ReputationRep:
    undone by the referee and still a 1 goal difference between the best team in the world...hold your heads high gunners

ReputationRep:
    Oh to be a gooner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fhatthewuck)
    are you american?
    Lol.. I know what you mean but he kind of has a point.

Arsenal have lacked that little edge needed in this sort of situation .. last 10 - 15 mins .. they should have gone for it all out. Nothing to lose really.

ReputationRep:
    Proud of the team. At 1-1 we were winning the tie and who knows if we would have won.
    A lot of people will spout utter crap about how they were the better team and stuff. We got completely outclassed but at the end of the day it's not what you deserve it the score that matters. People said this for years about us "oh they were good but no end product."
    End of the day they created tons but they scored one.

Players can hold their heads high and concentrate on more important things now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Oh to be a gooner

I feel your pain sister

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skaiyote)
    Credit to Almunia that could have won by 10 ffs.
    Real talk, actually. I take back my earlier statement with caution.

I LOVE YOU GUNNERS in sickness and in health, and this.. this is our sickness :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I love how arsenal fans are trying to say they were robbed, LOL - YOU WERE OUTCLASSED! look at the F*cking stats and what's interesting is barcelona were poor for their standards tonight, barcelona didn't send off RVP - the ref did and to be honest RVP was looking for all trouble all night, not agreeing it was a red but even if he wasn't sent off, you'd still be beaten

don't worry there's always next years secound round stage for you guys next year, you've got an FA cup tie to look forward to against a very angry manc side.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's past your bed time mate.

ReputationRep:
    Very harsh red, undoubtedly affected the game.

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    i think we could have won it if VP was still on pitch...we def. would have got more chances and VP was more likely to finish one of em off...but oh well now back to premier league and a matter of FA cup against manure (which i think we are gonna be lethargic in cos of this game)

ReputationRep:
    I love how arsenal fans are trying to say they were robbed, LOL - YOU WERE OUTCLASSED! look at the F*cking stats and what's interesting is barcelona were poor for their standards tonight, barcelona didn't send off RVP - the ref did and to be honest RVP was looking for all trouble all night, not agreeing it was a red but even if he wasn't sent off, you'd still be beaten

don't worry there's always next years secound round stage for you guys next year.
    oh shut up you yank ****..

ReputationRep:
    Thought the RVP sending off was ridiculous, but even with him on the pitch, I felt Barca would have won. Bentdner :facepalm2: Why wasn't Chamakh on instead?

ReputationRep:
    I'm out of here now guys, the WUMs are on their way.

We didn't deserve to go out like this - we should have at least taken it to extra time. The ref was shockingly poor today, and undoubtedly it had an effect on us.

I would say there's always next year.... I suppose there is, I just hope we can break the cycle for once. A trophy would be nice.

Having said that, the league is and always should be our main priority. We still have an excellent chance at that.

The players can be proud of themselves today - they gave it their all in difficult circumstances.

I'll be back when the WUMs are gone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.