Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Im starting to fall a little bit in love with Poldi

'Yeaaah come on man, is my crew' :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Overpaid but tbh napoli can afford him, so can you and it's a position they needed to be filled. Might as well pay 34 million then unless you can get someone on the cheap that's willing to go to your club.
    He's never worth 34m, he's a 24m player. Since our budget is more than twice that, we may as well try for Suarez at 40-50m who is genuinely top top class.

Real Madrid dont seem to be overly interested and Suarez wants to join so I can see why Arsenal think they can make a deal.

ReputationRep:
    I stopped taking you seriously way back when you said Neymar is better than Suarez. And now youre saying that the value of a player depends on his nationality? Listen to yourself. Its like your contradicting yourself..just to start an argument
    He is. That's my opinion, you just can't handle my opinion. You are trying to state facts that just aren't true, you clearly aren't very knowledgeable in transfer valuations. If you've never heard of how English players transfer fee's are hiked up because of their nationality then where have you been hiding? Do you think Downing would have been 20 million? Carrol 35 Million?

And oh did you not know about Thiago Silva and Marcelo mate? ?

Haha, you are silly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    He is. That's my opinion, you just can't handle my opinion. You are trying to state facts that just aren't true, you clearly aren't very knowledgeable in transfer valuations. If you've never heard of how English players transfer fee's are hiked up because of their nationality then where have you been hiding? Do you think Downing would have been 20 million? Carrol 35 Million?

And oh did you not know about Thiago Silva and Marcelo mate? ?

Haha, you are silly
    You are right I can't handle your opinion cause it doesn't make sense. How you came to pass the judgement that players are valued according to their nationality is beyond me. Your original argument said that you thought British players aren't valued the same as other nationalities such as Brazilian players. You seem to have gone back on your own argument just to make a pretty ridiculous point.

ReputationRep:
    You are right I can't handle your opinion cause it doesn't make sense. How you came to pass the judgement that players are valued according to their nationality is beyond me. Your original argument said that you thought British players aren't valued the same as other nationalities such as Brazilian players. You seem to have gone back on your own argument just to make a pretty ridiculous point.
    This arguement is silly.

English players are overvalued in the EPL.
    Brazilian players can only possibly be overvalued because everyone has heard of them and it therefore sparks a bidding war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Overpaid but tbh napoli can afford him, so can you and it's a position they needed to be filled. Might as well pay 34 million then unless you can get someone on the cheap that's willing to go to your club.
    Says the person criticising Monaco for signing paying so much for Hulk.

ReputationRep:
    English players are valued higher because of the requirement for a set number of 'homegrown' players by the EPL/UEFA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    This arguement is silly.

English players are overvalued in the EPL.
    Brazilian players can only possibly be overvalued because everyone has heard of them and it therefore sparks a bidding war.
    So youre saying that both English players and Brazilian players are overvalued? Of course the English players are overvalued in the EPL- its because they are home grown players. That wasn't the point of the discussion. Zyyz said that players are valued based on their nationality which simply isn't true.

(Original post by Zyyz)
    But with Neymars ridiculous potential plus he's Brazilian I think he's more of an valuable asset than Suarez honestly
    I can understand fans making stupid statements like this but what he is saying is that clubs themselves somehow value Neymar higher than Suarez cause he's Brazilian. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Says the person criticising Monaco for signing paying so much for Hulk.
    Don't be an idiot. Napoli may have overpaid but at least his goalscoring rate makes up for it. Hulk has been abysmal for a year yet now costs 12m more than he was the previous season where he was on fire for porto. There's no way getting around this. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Hulk actually ended up signing for Monaco. There were reports he was in Monaco ready to sign which his agent confirmed, but I guess it fell through. :dontknow:

Quite funny the amount of **** that was thrown around because of something that didn't even happen. My bad really considering I was the one who posted about it thinking it was a done deal (although to be fair it did seem like it was)

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of the russian league, anzhi bought back samba :rofl: He basically went on loan for half a season.

ReputationRep:
    So youre saying that both English players and Brazilian players are overvalued? Of course the English players are overvalued in the EPL- its because they are home grown players. That wasn't the point of the discussion. Zyyz said that players are valued based on their nationality which simply isn't true.

I can understand fans making stupid statements like this but what he is saying is that clubs themselves somehow value Neymar higher than Suarez cause he's Brazilian. :facepalm:
    English in EPL is obvious.
    The only reason why Brazilian players could be overvalued compared to say, a player from Luxembourg would be because the scouting networks are better in Brazil and more clubs are in for such a player. The player from Luxembourg may not be known by many clubs.

ReputationRep:
    Luis Suarez = £45M
    Wayne Rooney = £25M
    Gonzalo Higuain = £30M

The moment Arsenal start the season with Gervinho and Bendtner = Priceless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Luis Suarez = £45M
    Wayne Rooney = £25M
    Gonzalo Higuain = £30M

The moment Arsenal start the season with Gervinho and Bendtner = Priceless
    Utd with Cleverley instead of Thiago or 'Cesc'? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Utd with Cleverley instead of Thiago or 'Cesc'? :rolleyes:
    Difference is United are the best team in the country :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    How exactly do you define 'best' team in the country? Chelsea and City have better squads and better managers.

ReputationRep:
    Not even the best team in Manchester son.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    How exactly do you define 'best' team in the country? Chelsea and City have better squads and better managers.
    The team that just won the league, 11 points clear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Not even the best team in Manchester son.
    The league table disagrees 'son'

ReputationRep:
    Why would I say British players aren't valued when they are pretty much the worst for being overpriced.

You think that I am pulling some fact out of my ******* that Brazilian players price tags are exaggerated, go and have a look son.

Because of Brazils history of players and flair it's standard that they have n increased price tag. Tell me would Lucas Moura the 19 year old have been 45 million?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.