Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Yeah Trinity Cambridge is crazily oversubscribed! My friend got pooled from them post-interview last year. I haven't found any other Trinity Oxford HPOL applicants so hopefully my chances of getting an interview may be a little better, but probably not due to reallocation.
    Trinity Cambridge is much more well known I think. I hadn't heard of Trinity College Oxford until recently.
    Trinity Oxford got a mention in the Great Gatsby and yet still no one applies lol
    Well at least you didn't apply for a college as undersubscribed as St Hugh's, I'm going to have to compete with the overflow from all the big colleges bleh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashanotrab)
    Has anyone applied for History at Brasenose?? Also does anyone for History single honours have an interview yet??
    No but I have a friend who has. History applicants will likely hear towards the end of this coming week - no History applicants have an interview yet to my knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleethompson)
    Where did you hear that?
    I didn't think they sent anything on weekends
    Hopefully we'll hear something tomorrow

I haven't heard of any English offers on here
    I haven't seen anything on here but I thought it was around today from what my school told me, as long as I haven't got a rejection (yet) I don't mind about not hearing anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesthe24th;[url="tel:60798203")
    60798203[/url]]I haven't seen anything on here but I thought it was around today from what my school told me, as long as I haven't got a rejection (yet) I don't mind about not hearing anything.
    They have to tell us by Friday so fingers crossed we'll hear something soon. Apparently rejections are sent out first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    Any chemists got an interview yet?
    Yup at Christ Church

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They have to tell us by Friday so fingers crossed we'll hear something soon. Apparently rejections are sent out first
    Ooh ok that's good to know, which college are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    I have for Classics II at Corpus Christi
    Congratulations and good luck! When did you hear about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesthe24th;[url="tel:60798567")
    60798567[/url]]Ooh ok that's good to know, which colege are you applying to?
    Oriel What about you?
    I have yet to find another Oriel English applicant so hoping I won't be re-allocated as I really really like it
    But to be honest any college at Oxford would be amazing
    Best of luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longsightdon)
    Yup at Christ Church

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh nice, good luck! I applied at Wadham, hopefully I'll be hearing from them soon ;.;

ReputationRep:
    Oriel What about you?
    I have yet to find another Oriel English applicant so hoping I won't be re-allocated as I really really like it
    But to be honest any college at Oxford would be amazing
    Best of luck with your application
    I'm applying to Queens, I also haven't heard of anybody applying there, I don't mind but for me I thought Queens was perfect! 😊 what are you taking for A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesthe24th)
    I'm applying to Queens, I also haven't heard of anybody applying there, I don't mind but for me I thought Queens was perfect! 😊 what are you taking for A2?
    English Lit, Drama and Art so probably not the strongest
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatherineJohnson)
    Congratulations and good luck! When did you hear about it?
    Thank you! I got the email on wednesday, so the 17th

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I have applied for Mathematics with Statistics, I have 4 A's in Alevels, I am predicted 3A* (Maths, Further Maths and Physics) and already have an A* in Accounting. I am reallyy nervous as I took the MAT test and didn't do as well as I should for Oxford standards... What do you think? Will they reject me for my MAT score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    Ooh nice, good luck! I applied at Wadham, hopefully I'll be hearing from them soon ;.;
    Haha thanks! And probably tomorrow not getting my hopes up tho, applied for sake of YOLO

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katerina-97)
    Hello! I have applied for Mathematics with Statistics, I have 4 A's in Alevels, I am predicted 3A* (Maths, Further Maths and Physics) and already have an A* in Accounting. I am reallyy nervous as I took the MAT test and didn't do as well as I should for Oxford standards... What do you think? Will they reject me for my MAT score?
    There is a number x set every year, above this they accept by default

here a number y set every year, above this they reject by default.

Between x and y, you score decide if interview. Is A* the best grade? If so, you are in for interview. If not, then not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longsightdon)
    Haha thanks! And probably tomorrow not getting my hopes up tho, applied for sake of YOLO

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully, with each day I get more nervous as I still haven't heard from them! Do you think you have a good chance? From what Ive heard you get a question for each of Organic, Physical and Inorganic and work through them for the interview. I'm a bit nervous about Physical as I don't take Physics A2 so that might put me at a disadvantage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katerina-97)
    I'm really worried I've messed up the MAT as well. I'm hoping, since it seemed to be a lot harder than any other paper I've done, it won't matter as much.

What college did you apply for? (I'm just applying for maths)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what day of next week we're most likely to hear? I didn't think I minded either way before now, but as it's getting nearer the time I'm getting nervous....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    I've noticed that Trinity Oxford has like no one applying there, whereas Trinity Cambridge has 7 billion people applying there, wonder why there's such a difference between the two.
    Maybe because they are from different university? They are merely coincidence that they are named after the same thing. That is like saying two people with the same name should be equivalently popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LevCrofts)
    Does anyone know what day of next week we're most likely to hear? I didn't think I minded either way before now, but as it's getting nearer the time I'm getting nervous....
    Probably Monday. I have heard that some department heads asked their tutors to finish shortlisting by Monday.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.