Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The league is only still not a completely done deal due to Leicester drawing easy games eg Bournemouth, Villa, West Brom. They should already be champions by now. Well done to them. Hopefully this will hasten Arsene Wenger's downfall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    This. Though tbf, Leicester have spent but not albeit not to the chavs standard.
    Leicester have invested wisely, they know it's not all about the players they bring in, but also the coaching, training, sports science (to keep them fit) - and the manager they brought in too, it seemed as though he guarantees a top half finish at most clubs he's been in so even he himself is surprised at how well he's doing. Ranieri could well have bagged not only Leicester's first top-flight crown, but also his first.

ReputationRep:
    Dont care about our remaining fixtures.. it does not matter, realistically we needd to win them all to have any hope.. unless leicster utterly collapse, which I cant see happening.

Leicster:

Southampton (home) Win
    Sunderland (away) Win
    West ham (home) Loose
    Swasea (home) Win

United (away) Draw
    Everton (home) Win
    Chelsea (away) Loose

For those saying dropping 8pts is never going to happen.. it could. Quite easily actually.. west ham have a brilliant away record against top sides this season, and united + chelsea away games are always tough, especially if united/west ham are still in a race for top4. Chelsea away on the final day of the season is also a potential upset. Chelsea may have nothing to play for, but they still have quality, and are unbeaten in the league sincemid december (when they last played leicster actually..)

So they will drop points, maybe 8, maybe more..

The frustrating thing for us will be, that we are not a strong enough side mentally to ever actually capitalize on it. I dont think we have it in us to put together an unbeaten run of wins, the sort that would be required to pull back the points deficit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Great first half, very poor second half.

Giroud needs to stay away from this team.

RedCafe is evident proof that United fans are the least knowledgeable when it comes to football. Many of them saying Iwobi was really bad, laughing at the fact he got MotM, and saying he looked out of his depth. What a bunch of thunderc*nts.
    I would assume all football forums are same. Heck, this one isn't even a dedicated football website and look at it.

ReputationRep:
    Realistically title talk is out the window. West Ham and Man City away are both difficult and I can see us dropping points at both places. The best we can do is overtake spurs to 2nd and Wenger would hail that as "progress" if it happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

For those saying dropping 8pts is never going to happen.. it could. Quite easily actually.. west ham have a brilliant away record against top sides this season, and united + chelsea away games are always tough, especially if united/west ham are still in a race for top4. Chelsea away on the final day of the season is also a potential upset. Chelsea may have nothing to play for, but they still have quality, and are unbeaten in the league sincemid december (when they last played leicster actually.
    Fully agree with this. People think Leicester will cruise to the end of the season and not drop any points in the next 7 games. I expect them to drop a few, enough to be able to catch them in fact. The only problem is like you said we're not good enough to capitalise. To stand any realistic chance of winning the title we'll probably have to win every game from here on, but I can't see it happening.

ReputationRep:
    Fully agree with this. People think Leicester will cruise to the end of the season and not drop any points in the next 7 games. I expect them to drop a few, enough to be able to catch them in fact. The only problem is like you said we're not good enough to capitalise. To stand any realistic chance of winning the title we'll probably have to win every game from here on, but I can't see it happening.
    Bar Swansea and Everton at home, I could see Leicester dropping points in any/all of those remaining fixtures. Unfortunately our away games will kill us...

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, Leicester have only lost to two teams in the whole season. Not only that, but those were fellow title challengers. Leicester obviously have the grit to beat the 'small' teams they mostly face left, not partly because they are one!

Plus, they have 4 home games left against these teams they didn't lose to away, and 3 have nothing to play for. Two of their 3 away games, against teams they might lose against, are in May when they might already have gained 12 more points and could even have the title by then.

As for Arsenal, sure, Leicester could collapse, but then don't forget Spurs would have to collapse too. All this combined with Arsenal suddenly winning all their games most likely won't happen, to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Realistically title talk is out the window. West Ham and Man City away are both difficult and I can see us dropping points at both places. The best we can do is overtake spurs to 2nd and Wenger would hail that as "progress" if it happens
    Agree, but I cant stop having at least a small amount of hope, until it truly feels impossible. if leicster have not dropped any points, before their final 5 games, That will be the point where I personally accept that the title is as-good-as 100% theirs.

Right now, only 95% is still enough to give me some deluded sense of hope!

I honestly dont care about spurs.. they have some tough games coming up, and will drop more points then us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    To be fair, Leicester have only lost to two teams in the whole season. Not only that, but those were fellow title challengers. Leicester obviously have the grit to beat the 'small' teams they mostly face left, not partly because they are one!

Plus, they have 4 home games left against these teams they didn't lose to away, and 3 have nothing to play for. Two of their 3 away games, against teams they might lose against, are in May when they might already have gained 12 more points and could even have the title by then.

As for Arsenal, sure, Leicester could collapse, but then don't forget Spurs would have to collapse too. All this combined with Arsenal suddenly winning all their games most likely won't happen, to say the least.
    Leicester aren't playing like they did at the beginning of the season though and have enormous pressure on them now. I would be astounded f they don't lose any games from now till the end of the season. They've won 1-0 in each of their last 4 games which suggests a conservative attitude to closing the game out, and they got really lucky yesterday at the end.

The Spurs collapse has already begun, expect us to finish above them regardless of what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal can't win the league you clowns are making yourself look stupid like you have done the whole season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Arsenal can't win the league you clowns are making yourself look stupid like you have done the whole season
    Are you even an Arsenal fan? Legit question. I've never seen you say one positive comment in about a year on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester are too far ahead of us for us to captalise on any bottling, but I do think they're drop a fair few points from here on in. Ranieri has a very different attitude in post match interviews now compared to a month ago. Very jumpy and nervous and panting like he's going into cardiac arrest. You can see from his interviews he's feeling the pressure a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester aren't playing like they did at the beginning of the season though and have enormous pressure on them now. I would be astounded f they don't lose any games from now till the end of the season. They've won 1-0 in each of their last 4 games which suggests a conservative attitude to closing the game out, and they got really lucky yesterday at the end.

The Spurs collapse has already begun, expect us to finish above them regardless of what happens.
    What pressure? Even if there was pressure it wouldn't be the same as the likes of Chelsea, City, Utd and Arsenal have where they're EXPECTED to win the league and the worry comes from failing their aim and getting abuse from their or other fans. Leicester not winning wouldn't be failure.

This is also a team that won promotion, then fought against relegation. They know real pressure.

I'm sure the lower scorelines have more to do with playing teams taking them seriously. The last team that played their own game was City and they lost 3-1, at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Are you even an Arsenal fan? Legit question. I've never seen you say one positive comment in about a year on this thread.
    So because I'm a critic I can't be a fan. Yeah that's the problem with some people their logic doesn't make any sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    So because I'm a critic I can't be a fan. Yeah that's the problem with some people their logic doesn't make any sense
    No it'sthe fact you've never said a positive word about the club. Doesn't really make sense that you can call yourself a "supporter" if you don't support does it?

ReputationRep:
    the fans who think we should be up there every year, I'm not convinced that they're actual fans. Before Mr Wenger we were roughly a "one title a decade" club since WWII. So we can't use the history argument. Wenger will leave sooner rather than later but don't get your hopes up and expect this club to be immediately better off without him. A successful season for a club without sugar-daddy money takes years to work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    No it'sthe fact you've never said a positive word about the club. Doesn't really make sense that you can call yourself a "supporter" if you don't support does it?
    First of all that's not true and you don't even know the other accounts I used. Also I do support the team that's all you have to be as a fan. I don't even know what kind of logic this I can be as critical as I want I don't have to be a bandwagon like you at least I'm not stupid to go around giving false hope to Arsenal fans.

ReputationRep:
    Shawn and al are obviously dupes of each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Shawn and al are obviously dupes of each other.
    Scenes when Leinad is actually al, and is doing a stunt to keep his ball rolling

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.