The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6140
Original post by Onica
How many marks do you think we'll need for a B? Can't be 50 like last year

Around 45?
Original post by Daisy May
Wasn't the data interval? Because they were measured using units of equal interval (anxiety scores). Pretty sure that's right. :smile:

I put interval, i'm 99% sure that's right
Reply 6142
Original post by thalmerr
oh Sh** i did the same :OOOOO

oh well i dont think it was right anyway 😂
Original post by Lucytal
I did this too! I think it's fine don't worry, we were always told do diagrams in pencil

maths use pencil and people keep saying it'll show through the scanner thing. So i think it'll be okay.. not much we can do now anyway :/
I feel so silly. This is what I done, some can probably relate to this too:

Before the exam, I tried to look through the paper- do you know when thee paper is closed but you try to get a sneaky peak through the paper (lying flat) in my head it wrote- 'Describe and evaluate psychological explanations for schizophrenia (24) marks), so I was like Bi*** yes, I've got this.

Then, I opened the paper, it was like being kicked in the face by an elephant.

' Describe and evaluate biological therapies of schizophrenia (24 marks).

But stupid as I am, in my head it wrote 'Describe and evaluate Biological explanations' so I wrote a whole biological explanation- Genetics, and then, half way through I restarted, with the right question.... -.-

Thank God I am a fast typer so I was able to get back on track....

Still finished the paper though, so its okay I guess...

(same thing happened to me last year on the 12 marker on biological therapies for abnormal behaviour, but I read explanations- but there was no turning back- I only realised after the exam).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by charlie2466
Yeyaa, how'd you find the questions? I was quite pleased with them :smile:

I felt the questions were quite nice ones woo 🎉 How did you feel? I literally tried to eek out everything I could find haha! From what I can remember I put the sheep-goat effect because she's a believer, the fact she volunteered herself, only having them in different rooms and not sound proof or electromagnetically shielded, playing white noise through the headphones (just incase ahha as they didn't state anything would be playing through them), having the sender choose the image instead of being randomly chosen by computer, use of the researcher giving the cards to reciever (I.e he could pass on info with a bent corner for example), only using one person and the file drawer effect by choosing the 'hits' that occurred during the several trials but overlooking the 'misses'. Literally just brain vomited everything in my brain onto the paper in hope they'll find some marks haha. How many did you put? :smile:

They were alright I suppose! I was a bit unsure of all of the results on near death experiences but I brain vomitted on that too haha! Was she a believer? I read it is as Margaret didn't believe in the paranormal! I wrote expectancy effects (the researcher may have been a sheep) and a study to support (Wiseman & Schiltz) and I also wrote about forced choice vs free response (the fact Margaret had to choose from 4 cards is forced response) and a study to support to say people do better in forced choice design. That's all I did! Not entirely sure if that's correct.
Original post by thalmerr
oh Sh** i did the same :OOOOO
It's fine as long as you used a soft pencil - aka not one of those really faint ones that won't show up when scanned. :smile:
Reply 6147
Original post by Lucytal
I did this too! I think it's fine don't worry, we were always told do diagrams in pencil

ahh good! thank u!!
Original post by jaseho98
Did you need to include any studies with the media question for addiction?

I wasn't really sure what to write but I did include one study by Sulkunen who analysed films that portrayed addictions in a positive light and concluded the more of those films you watch the more likely you are to mimic the behaviour and become addicted - a bit like the learning approach.
Original post by Romanoff
Yes loved that paper! But it specifically said "she wasn't a believer but she volunteered anyway" - something along those lines. But I did write something about the researcher being a believer and thus causing bias by being more encouraging towards poor Margaret, bless her soul

I wrote that too! Expectancy effects from the experimenter, if they were a believer they might perceive the results as ESP, supported this using Wiseman & Schiltz study, is that right? I also wrote about forced choice vs free reponse design. It was forced choice and this may result in her performing above chance in the procedure. I feel like I didn't write enough for 10 marks though.... :/
Original post by Aziel
Regarding the consent form question, I included everything the consent form should have had but looking back I feel like I should have actually 'designed' it instead of stating what it would include? surely they can't disregard everything I've said seeing as I DID actually design it...?

i 'designed' mine like, wrote it out as if it was actually a consent form but i've seem em credit responses where candidates have outlined what's involved so i wouldn't worry!!

mark scheme will probably say something like: candidate refers to the idea of right to withdraw, outlines the aims and procedures of the study, etcetcetc so by outlining it youve recognised what it'll include.
Reply 6151
Could I get full marks on explanation for evolutionary explanations for the attractiveness of celebrities if I talked about one explanation because it said 'one or more'

I talked about the idea of creative individuals (neophilla) and then used a study to back this up with 2 methodological points.

I explained it in detail and well and also linked it to celebrties
Original post by loveleest
What a02 points did you write for schizohprenia?

I felt like I kinda made up studies in mines because I forget them kinda :frown:

Some of the stuff I out was like how they're not effective for 30% of patients, the side effects like tardive dyskinesia, a study by Vaughan and a study on placebo groups by Davis and similar things :smile: I'm sure you will have done ok through :smile:
Feel like ****ing crying SOOOOO ****ed up the research methods section
Reply 6154
Don't know why people are thinking that the stats test one the data was interval I can understand confusing ordinal data with nominal but not interval for **** sake 😂😂
There was a page at the back? How many marks was this worth?
Reply 6156
Original post by ScottA1997

12 in total I think.
Original post by ScottA1997

12 marks I think, not sure

drawing a graph (4 marks)
statistical test chosen and three reasons for it (4 marks)
matched pairs design (2 marks + 2 marks)
Original post by Onica
Could I get full marks on explanation for evolutionary explanations for the attractiveness of celebrities if I talked about one explanation because it said 'one or more'

I talked about the idea of creative individuals (neophilla) and then used a study to back this up with 2 methodological points.

I explained it in detail and well and also linked it to celebrties

yeah definitely!!! it was only 4+6 right?? did the same pretty much, only added celebrity gossip to get more ao1 as my neophilia outline wasnt so detailed then used shiraishi for a study and elaborated A LOT to get some marks.
Reply 6159
What did people talk about for pro-social behaviour for the tv company? I talked about how the company could create a game show, where children have to work together to win and the winning team gets medals. I said this will increase the likelihood of it being imitated as children may want a similar kind of reward. For example, child may imitate this behaviour in real life like in school when made to cooperate and work together in teams. I said that the children in the tv game show programme should be children and both genders as it will increase the likelihood of it being imitated.
I also included a study to back up the idea that media can influence pro- social behaviour.

Would that correct? Was I meant to talk about two or could I still get good marks if I applied it well??
How did everyone apply SLT to the scenario??

Latest

Trending

Trending