Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Bale had played 24 games for Spurs at one point last season and had never been on the winning side, it shows that records aren't everything.
    I don't think it does show that. When Bale was playing badly at left-back, Spurs did not achieve good results. Now that Bale is playing well at left midfield, he no longer holds that record.
    I think Walcott stretches defences even when he isn't involved much on the ball. He has played exceptionally well so far this season and is well worth his place imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by szillard)
    I don't think it does show that. When Bale was playing badly at left-back, Spurs did not achieve good results. Now that Bale is playing well at left midfield, he no longer holds that record.
    I think Walcott stretches defences even when he isn't involved much on the ball. He has played exceptionally well so far this season and is well worth his place imo.
    Oh **** I thought you were joking about Walcott's 13 wins in 13 games being an indication that he is a decent player :eek4:

His streak comes against Hungary, Trinidad & Tobago, Andorra, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Andorra, Egypt, Mexico, Japan, Hungary, Bulgaria. As if it were required, proof that a record means nothing in these cases.

He is dire :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** I thought you were joking about Walcott's 13 wins in 13 games being an indication that he is a decent player

His streak comes against Hungary, Trinidad & Tobago, Andorra, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Andorra, Egypt, Mexico, Japan, Hungary, Bulgaria. As if it were required, proof that a record means nothing in these cases.

He is dire
    some of the most prolific footballing nations in that list there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    some of the most prolific footballing nations in that list there
    That's why I thought it was an ironic post. Capello hasn't used him in any big game and dropped him for the world cup in favour of Lennon who whilst also is a headless chicken can actually find a teammate on occasion. Walcott is essentially SWP-lite but is even more infuriating because he has a constant hype around him :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Walcotts good but he just doesnt fit in with Englands style of play.

ReputationRep:
    That's why I thought it was an ironic post. Capello hasn't used him in any big game and dropped him for the world cup in favour of Lennon who whilst also is a headless chicken can actually find a teammate on occasion. Walcott is essentially SWP-lite but is even more infuriating because he has a constant hype around him :facepalm2:
    England HAVEN'T beaten any bigger teams than the ones you mentioned. Perhaps they would have had they played Theo. 4 goals in 2 starts this season... SWP would be happy if he could even get 2 starts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by szillard)
    England HAVEN'T beaten any bigger teams than the ones you mentioned. Perhaps they would have had they played Theo. 4 goals in 2 starts this season... SWP would be happy if he could even get 2 starts.
    :sigh: all aboard the theo bandwagon :train:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know Johnson had a poor game, don't need to lecture me about it Colbot

ReputationRep:
    Can't see a thread on the Swiss match.

Walcott's injury was such a blessing, Adam Johnson has proved yet again what quality he gives us. And SWP just proved his absolute failing best with a failure to square a pass :facepalm2:

Bent :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Can't see a thread on the Swiss match.

Walcott's injury was such a blessing, Adam Johnson has proved yet again what quality he gives us. And SWP just proved his absolute failing best with a failure to square a pass

Bent
    is defoe fooked in all honesty a la dawson or not?

ReputationRep:
    is defoe fooked in all honesty a la dawson or not?
    I didn't watch the second half properly tbh, was eating cheesecake and sorting my US Visa :mmm: Missed it

ReputationRep:
    I didn't watch the second half properly tbh, was eating cheesecake and sorting my US Visa Missed it
    they wont let you in tbh, and rightly so

Only joking how comes your going tho?

ReputationRep:
    Johnson and SWP are like ying and yang :coma:

ReputationRep:
    they wont let you in tbh, and rightly so

Only joking how comes your going tho?
    There are no plans to go at the moment But apparantly you have to pay an admin fee from tomorrow onwards to apply for the waiver so I figured I'd do it now and save myself a hefty £7 :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppasloth)
    Johnson and SWP are like ying and yang
    My Japanese isn't brilliant but I don't think yang translates to 'a steaming pile of ****'

ReputationRep:
    Capello just mocked SWP's inability to pick a pass in the post match interview. STOP PICKING HIM THEN YOU ******* MORON :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Walcott is a fine player who is only going to get better. Even if he has pretty poor control and not the best pass. He can shoot and run fast and to be honest that seems to be enough considering how **** scared most defenders are of him.

Luis Figo made a career out of being fast enough to just kick it past the full back then cross it in, if Walcott ever learns to cross he'll be excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Every time I see Adam Johnson play I need to change my underwear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V1NY)
    Every time I see Adam Johnson play I need to change my underwear...
    bad skidmarks eh? try wiping better :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    bad skidmarks eh? try wiping better :teeth:
    You're getting confused when I see Jermaine Defoe with the ball :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.