Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah i want to be able to wear a 'kini without people goggling at my cellulite. Oh well, just gotta work at it I guess.
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
I do the 'if you don't buy it, you won't eat it' thing. usually that works but my dad bought me lots of snacks like nuts etc before he left and I dunno what to do with them save bin about 20-30 quid worth of food. And I can't do that, im sure it's bad karma or something.
Eat them in moderation? I don't know how much self-control you have with food - if worst comes to worst, just give it away. Nuts aren't bad for you.
Rainfaery
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Whoo, I have booze.

I problaby shouldnt' be drinkign. It's never smart when I'm depressed. OH well

how is everyone else?
Mathy, Ace from Space
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
Could you possibly stay and not go home for 4 weeks so that you do make friends? I just say that because that way, somehow, you are forced to make friends. At first I was like that, always wanting to go home, but I just had to bite the bullet and talk to people in my lectures and flat mates, and even go out when I didn't want to
See, I've put in so much effort already to make friends - talked to people in my lectures, my flatmates, randomers - and it's just not been reciprocated...I hate to admit it, but the people here just aren't my type.
I've always been one of those people that, if my friends aren't around, has hung out with either loads of people in the year below/year above/my sister's friends, so I don't really connect with loads of people.
And with the whole going out thing, it's kind of dangerous for me, because if people start drinking, and if something happens to me (like I fall over or something), they can't really help. I'd rather go somewhere with someone like my sister - she takes me out to gigs and we have an amazing time, she can even have a bottle of WKD and she's fine with me - but I haven't found anyone like that, and it doesn't look like I can find anyone.
I'm going to reapply, I don't think anyone's going to change my mind...I just have to convince everyone else it's what I want and what's best.

Rant over.

Anyways, hope everyone is having a good day, :hugs: for all.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mathy, Ace from Space)
See, I've put in so much effort already to make friends - talked to people in my lectures, my flatmates, randomers - and it's just not been reciprocated...I hate to admit it, but the people here just aren't my type.
I've always been one of those people that, if my friends aren't around, has hung out with either loads of people in the year below/year above/my sister's friends, so I don't really connect with loads of people.
And with the whole going out thing, it's kind of dangerous for me, because if people start drinking, and if something happens to me (like I fall over or something), they can't really help. I'd rather go somewhere with someone like my sister - she takes me out to gigs and we have an amazing time, she can even have a bottle of WKD and she's fine with me - but I haven't found anyone like that, and it doesn't look like I can find anyone.
I'm going to reapply, I don't think anyone's going to change my mind...I just have to convince everyone else it's what I want and what's best.

Rant over.

Anyways, hope everyone is having a good day, :hugs: for all.
ASTON! Honestly, it's really friendly. I looked around so many other unis and because it's so small, it's really friendly. In freshers' week there are aunties which look after you and make sure that everyone in the flat knows the other. Okay, I'll shut up about Aston!
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Feeling so empty and like I want to cry. Just I can't; boo.
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: i know that feeling all too well. can you go out for a nice walk and stuff so you can get some fresh air and maybe that will help you feel better. will text you later deary :hug:

wooppiiieee hospital at last today, and then doctors, all i have to mention is: still ill, tired, achey,rashes on my legs, and mood... shes going to have a lot to deal with. wow im a mess
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by starchild)
:hugs: i know that feeling all too well. can you go out for a nice walk and stuff so you can get some fresh air and maybe that will help you feel better. will text you later deary :hug:

wooppiiieee hospital at last today, and then doctors, all i have to mention is: still ill, tired, achey,rashes on my legs, and mood... shes going to have a lot to deal with. wow im a mess
Good luck :hugs:

I think I'm going to have to, or I'll just lie in bed all day.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:console:
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Going out was a bad idea. I must have nearly started crying in the club. Went home early by myself and just started crying uncontrolably as soon as I walked in the door.
Mathy, Ace from Space
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ASTON! Honestly, it's really friendly. I looked around so many other unis and because it's so small, it's really friendly. In freshers' week there are aunties which look after you and make sure that everyone in the flat knows the other. Okay, I'll shut up about Aston!
I've been there once - they were really nice to me
I don't know - I was thinking Cambridge, I really think I could realise my potential there, but I've not been concentrating that well this last sememster (and for these exams, I'm so going to fail this first one) because of how much I hate it, so I don't think I'm going to do that well, but will they think I'm just not smart?? :confused:
Starchild, I hope your hospital appointment goes well.
And raspberrybubbles, :hugs:, don't cry - I feel like crying right now, but I know it's just futile. :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Siti, hope the hospital goes ok :hugs:

Mathy, I've got friends at both Oxford and Cambridge and they love it. Best person to talk to about that is VSM. She's been to both. Clever girl that she is!

Kate, I'm texting you so yeah :p:

Psyk - don't cry! I know how you feel about clubbing though. It's great at first and then it goes downhill once you get there. :hugs: and remember, you can't love someone else until you love yourself. Yes, it takes a while to accept this, but I'm just coming round to it and it's so true!

---------------------

Spent 4 hours at the gym. Did a 30 minute abs class and I really couldn't do it. It wasn't stretching my abs at all, just hurting my neck! Can't do stomach crunches to save my life. Then I had all my talks and induction stuff and measurements. Not sat and read about it all yet...will do later. The woman was a bit chavvy but enthusiastic so that was nice. Just didn't want to hear about her brother's depression and her nearly 40 year old bf (shes 22) who has 2 kids. Going back later for another class but I can't remember what it's called. Lost all motivation though and didn't feel like I got very far But I've paid up now and am stuck for 12 months so I've got to go!

Also...got a job interview! 4pm Monday for a full time sales assistant in Cargo. Very scared. Never had an interview before. Eeeek!
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Siti, hope the hospital goes ok :hugs:

Mathy, I've got friends at both Oxford and Cambridge and they love it. Best person to talk to about that is VSM. She's been to both. Clever girl that she is!

Kate, I'm texting you so yeah :p:

Psyk - don't cry! I know how you feel about clubbing though. It's great at first and then it goes downhill once you get there. :hugs: and remember, you can't love someone else until you love yourself. Yes, it takes a while to accept this, but I'm just coming round to it and it's so true!

---------------------

Spent 4 hours at the gym. Did a 30 minute abs class and I really couldn't do it. It wasn't stretching my abs at all, just hurting my neck! Can't do stomach crunches to save my life. Then I had all my talks and induction stuff and measurements. Not sat and read about it all yet...will do later. The woman was a bit chavvy but enthusiastic so that was nice. Just didn't want to hear about her brother's depression and her nearly 40 year old bf (shes 22) who has 2 kids. Going back later for another class but I can't remember what it's called. Lost all motivation though and didn't feel like I got very far But I've paid up now and am stuck for 12 months so I've got to go!

Also...got a job interview! 4pm Monday for a full time sales assistant in Cargo. Very scared. Never had an interview before. Eeeek!
Liz, keep giving it a go. I was like that with stomach crunches for a bit, then things got better. Keep plugging! Please don't say can't! :hugs: you can, just not right now...
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

I'm proud of you to give it a go - that's more than I do!! Keep it going but remember not to over do it. :hugs: Oh and well done for getting an interview!!
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good luck siti at the hospital :hugs:

How you feeling now kate sweetheart? :hugs:
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i'm sleeping far too much lately. haven't got up before 12 yet this week. this isn't going to help my marks this year.
on a good note, i've sorted out somewhere to live next year with a friend. at least i won't end up homeless! although i'd almost rather stay in uni accommodation, there's always the off chance of meeting nice new people.

hugs for all in here. have a good day all :hugs:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
i'm sleeping far too much lately. haven't got up before 12 yet this week. this isn't going to help my marks this year.
on a good note, i've sorted out somewhere to live next year with a friend. at least i won't end up homeless! although i'd almost rather stay in uni accommodation, there's always the off chance of meeting nice new people.

hugs for all in here. have a good day all :hugs:
I'm really glad you've found somewhere to live What time do you usually go to bed? Maybe if you tried going to sleep a bit earlier it might be easier to wake up earlier too? I know it might not be that easy though. I can go to bed early and still struggle to be up before 1!!

---

I'm having trouble with my eating again. It's not that I'm not eating because of the calories but because I forget or can't be bothered. I haven't had anything yet today and only one small glass of milk to drink. But then in the evenings I'll end up binge eating. I really don't want to get myself into trouble with my eating like I have before but I already seem stuck in this.

Also don't have anywhere to live next year. After the people in my halls said they didn't want to live with me I'd asked some 'friends' off my course but they've said no too. It's so lonely being here with no friends. There's this find-a-housemate event next week that I'm going to go to instead but I'm scared of meeting new people.

Been feeling really low recently. I have no one to talk to here. Well I suppose I do - my doctor - but I don't want to ask for an appointment. I usually only go because I need tablets or because she's made me book an appointment before I leave one. But I've somehow got over 300 tablets at the moment so I won't need to go for a while. Also don't feel too safe having that amount of tablets at the moment but oh well. I'm starting CBT in the middle of February though so hopefully that'll help.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Well done on the interview! You'll be fine. What kind of shop is it? At least you have some experience from Marie Curie.

I'm actually in awe of your ability to go out and do stuff! 4 hours at the gym is impressive. I'm crippled from just 2 sessions of trampolining- my thighs and ass hurt soooo much. Stick with all the classes and stuff, you'll be mega buff and it'll keep your mood good (at least that's what I tell myself!).

---

Soooo pissed at myself. Had 2 glasses of white wine last night, then kind of got up at 10am then caved and went back to bed until 2pm. Why can't I just sleep normally then get up and work hard? I'm so useless.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
Soooo pissed at myself. Had 2 glasses of white wine last night, then kind of got up at 10am then caved and went back to bed until 2pm. Why can't I just sleep normally then get up and work hard? I'm so useless.
You're not useless. It's the depression that makes it hard for you to get up or sleep normally. Please don't be annoyed with yourself for it :hugs:
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
I'm really glad you've found somewhere to live What time do you usually go to bed? Maybe if you tried going to sleep a bit earlier it might be easier to wake up earlier too? I know it might not be that easy though. I can go to bed early and still struggle to be up before 1!!
it doesn't seem to effect it much. last night i only went to bed about 2, but the whole of last year i'd go to bed around then every single day, and still manage to get up for breakfast and head into uni. i guess i've just become lazier.
Also don't have anywhere to live next year. After the people in my halls said they didn't want to live with me I'd asked some 'friends' off my course but they've said no too. It's so lonely being here with no friends. There's this find-a-housemate event next week that I'm going to go to instead but I'm scared of meeting new people.
you're at uni, right? can you not stay in halls again next year? (have i already asked you that?!) you'll meet a bunch of new people then! i've done it out of choice three years running.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads