Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

NFL talk? Questions about American football? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Just looking at this makes me want to cry how criminal this was...

:cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    :cry2:
    Wasn't the best of throws but as a receiver if it hits you in the hands its now on you.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't the best of throws but as a receiver if it hits you in the hands its now on you.
    Really should be keeping that in your hands, he's caught harder passe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Really should be keeping that in your hands, he's caught harder passe!
    Its not the best of throws but yeah man its on his two hands he had it then slipped out again. Just annoying how we lost that.

ReputationRep:
    Its not the best of throws but yeah man its on his two hands he had it then slipped out again. Just annoying how we lost that.
    I bet he was using Nike Vapors instead of Cutters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I bet he was using Nike Vapors instead of Cutters
    Ahahaha he was actually

But seriously he should make that catch even without gloves...

ReputationRep:
    Ahahaha he was actually

But seriously he should make that catch even without gloves...
    Hahaha, knew it!

I know, to actually have it then drop it... Really poor show from someone so reliable :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Hahaha, knew it!

I know, to actually have it then drop it... Really poor show from someone so reliable :sad:
    Was becoming a problem with some of his drops. Hernandez had a criminal drop in that game as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Just back from the gym. I jumped into one of the squash courts and tested the ball.

It's amazing. As long as you throw a semi-decent spiral it comes straight back to you. Completely recommend for anyway aspiring QB's or receivers :adore:

I am going to spend hours tomorrow with it, and god knows how many hours a week. :woo:
    What do you think of it now that the novelty has probably worn off lol? I was pretty sold on it until I realised it'll set me back £25, but with my senior league plans gone down the drain it might be a necersarry purchase. I play wide out so the practise would be useful. Unless I can teach my brother to throw properly...

What does it feel like compared to a normal football? Does the weight feel off? Can you throw it at the wall at an angle so that you can practise catching while running?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  brandondeaderick.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  14.6 KB

Brandon Deaderick cut by the Patriots. Surprised about this. This guy played in 14 games and overtook Kyle Love on the depth chart late last season and hes already cut? Sure he offers no pass rushing but hes a solid run stopper as well as the fact hes so cheap due to the rookie contract. Wonder why he was cut? Problems behind the scenes with him? or maybe they really like what they see with Armond Armstead?

Would be a solid pick up for some of the bad teams in the league.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  brandondeaderick.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  14.6 KB

Brandon Deaderick cut by the Patriots. Surprised about this. This guy played in 14 games and overtook Kyle Love on the depth chart late last season and hes already cut? Sure he offers no pass rushing but hes a solid run stopper as well as the fact hes so cheap due to the rookie contract. Wonder why he was cut? Problems behind the scenes with him? or maybe they really like what they see with Terron Armstead?
    Wait... why Terron Armstead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgFeanor)
    Wait... why Terron Armstead?
    Doh my bad i meant Armond haha! I forgot Terron was the super fast OL guy :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, any Manchester Tyrants here? I think I'll be going there next year and I was interested in either joining their team or the Titans youth team. I don't know whether I could join both.

Besides that, can anyone tell me how good the BUAFL is in general? I've played QB for about 7 years for the Virginia and Potomac Panthers (I grew up in america but have lived here for the past 2 years) but I've never played in England so I don't know how good the league is. I ask this because I joined my sixth form's team and we barely played any games with other teams and when we did they were ridiculous games, I just hope uni level isn't the same because the whole experience was terrible. I've been looking forward to getting into a good team at uni and I just hope it's an organised league.

I'd appreciate anyone who could answer my questions.

Go Giants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I'll practice with my bare hands like a man! Maybe gloves for a bit to get used to them.

Haha yeah, I'll no doubt get a career ending injury within 10 minutes of playing :laugh:
    We had a guy do this at Killer Bees rookie camp this year. Did the warmup and some non-contact agility stuff fine. First rep of a fairly low intensity blocking drill, gets pushed off balance and gets his knee caught under him. Tore all the cartilage up in his knee...

ReputationRep:
    I remember the first time they asked me to do some blocking drills and I was just like **** me are you serious? I'm 5 ft 7 these guys are like 6 ft 3/4 and they probably have almost 100 pounds on me... Think they enjoyed being able to literally pick me up and move me to a side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrankB3)
    Hey guys, any Manchester Tyrants here? I think I'll be going there next year and I was interested in either joining their team or the Titans youth team. I don't know whether I could join both.

Besides that, can anyone tell me how good the BUAFL is in general? I've played QB for about 7 years for the Virginia and Potomac Panthers (I grew up in america but have lived here for the past 2 years) but I've never played in England so I don't know how good the league is. I ask this because I joined my sixth form's team and we barely played any games with other teams and when we did they were ridiculous games, I just hope uni level isn't the same because the whole experience was terrible. I've been looking forward to getting into a good team at uni and I just hope it's an organised league.

I'd appreciate anyone who could answer my questions.

Go Giants.
    Manchester are a pretty new team but they went 6-2 (or maybe 6-1-1, can't remember) in the North West last year. They're not competitive nationally as the north west is pretty weak outside Derby and Sheffield, but they are definitely improving.

The standard of play here isn't anything on America (think high school level, basically) but the league is pretty well organised.

You could play for both, uni season is October - March and national league season is April - September. If your uni team doesn't make the playoffs you will be done in February.

ReputationRep:
    As an American over here, even if you were terrible/never played in the US, you will likely be better than 90% of others on the average UK team and coaches will personally suck your **** to get you on the team.

Saw this many times over my 3 years of uni ball.

ReputationRep:
    That ^

ReputationRep:
    That ^
    It's pretty ridiculous. We had a guy who literally hadn't played since he was like 8 years old, and had played a little baseball in high school. He turned up and became our stud dual-threat QB, beating out some 2nd year who'd spent all summer practicing his throwing :laugh:

In pretty much all cases, the american student will be an asset to the team, whether on O or D.

Not sure I would even say uni ball is at high school level (excluding the likes of Birmingham of course), most teams would get destroyed by a US high school team.

ReputationRep:
    Well i think that's sealed gonna put 30 pound on Alabama to win the BCS this season. Their schedule this year is freaking easy bar 2 games.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.