Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Why would I say British players aren't valued when they are pretty much the worst for being overpriced.

You think that I am pulling some fact out of my ******* that Brazilian players price tags are exaggerated, go and have a look son.

Because of Brazils history of players and flair it's standard that they have n increased price tag. Tell me would Lucas Moura the 19 year old have been 45 million?
    Its not because of their nationality you pillock thats what I'm trying to say! If a player such as Moura or Neymar emerges from the Brazilian league then that makes him a decent enough player as the league itself is competitive in the sense that attacking players have to show something special to excel in the league. Its the nature of league that puts whatever value is on the player. Thats why I said that if we take a Brazilian defender from the Brazilian league he won't be valued as much as the attacking players as its relatively easy to succeed as a defender in the Brazilian league. So your argument that being a Brazilian national automatically puts you at a higher value is false.

ReputationRep:
    such a shame, cardiff look to be getting eitenne capoue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    The league table disagrees 'son'
    Man city are above you in the table right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Man city are above you in the table right now.
    Rofl 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With Napoli signing Reina on loan for the season, do we still have a reasonable chance at signing Julio Cesar? I rate him as a fantastic keeper and thought he played well during the Confeds.

ReputationRep:
    It seems we are getting closer to signing suarez......

could this be the beginning of a new era brahs,

bernard and cesc will come next. quote me for days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    It seems we are getting closer to signing suarez......

could this be the beginning of a new era brahs,

bernard and cesc will come next. quote me for days.
    Oh lord...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank god some form of competitive football is starting next week. This has been the worst silly season is a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Thank god some form of competitive football is starting next week. This has been the worst silly season is a long time.
    And most entertaining 😝lmao

ReputationRep:
    "Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says Suarez's desire to join Arsenal "does not add up" and that he is already at a bigger club than the Gunners".

What are they smoking over at Anfield? :laugh:

(Original post by jibberish)
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Be nice please guys. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Be nice please guys. :yy:
    Apologies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    "Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says Suarez's desire to join Arsenal "does not add up" and that he is already at a bigger club than the Gunners".

Liverpool are a bigger club. That's not to say they are a better team right now though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameronHayward)
    Liverpool are a bigger club. That's not to say they are a better team right now though.
    On trophies won only. Arsenal have higher revenue(shortly to be joint 4th highest in Europe), at least as big a fanbase, a bigger and better stadium etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)

Brendan Rogers does not have a brain.

History is highly overrated especially in liverpools case. Unless your a boyhood supporter of a club no top player would go to liverpool over arsenal if they had any 'ambition'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Brendan Rogers does not have a brain.

History is highly overrated especially in liverpools case. Unless your a boyhood supporter of a club no top player would go to liverpool over arsenal if they had any 'ambition'.
    Unlike Wenger and his £1 extra bid hahaha don't make me laugh. When was the last time you won anything? When was the last time you won or properly challenged for the PL? It's been a decade my friend!

Ambition? Exactly the reasons stated above. Your entire club has been happy to sit on top of an exodus of players and your decline, only held up by the consistency that comes with still having Wenger as your manager. As long as the money from the champions league is coming in who would ever want to win it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    Unlike Wenger and his £1 extra bid hahaha don't make me laugh. When was the last time you won anything? When was the last time you won or properly challenged for the PL? It's been a decade my friend!

Ambition? Exactly the reasons stated above. Your entire club has been happy to sit on top of an exodus of players and your decline, only held up by the consistency that comes with still having Wenger as your manager. As long as the money from the champions league is coming in who would ever want to win it?!
    Okay for one we have champions league football which is massive for players these days and liverpool are nowhere near that. On top of that we got the money now and are prepared to spend to win titles, what is the best liverpool can do? win the Capital one cup which where traditionally we play our youth because its a trophy that has less value then a packet of crisps???

If we do spend 70 on 2/3 top class player we will become title challengers, we wont be favourites and we accept that but atleast we have a decent chance unlike liverpool who will probably battling out with everton for the illusive top 6 which you can't seem to get into...

Arsenal is a far more attractive proposition then liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)

Aww don't cry, Suarez will still love Liverpool in his heart when joins Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    I think you Arsenal fans are delusional if you think you'll spend 50m+ to get Suarez.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    I think you Arsenal fans are delusional if you think you'll spend 50m+ to get Suarez.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what people said about the 40...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.