TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope Watch

Mazzini
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey peeps. Hope we are all OK.

Just wanted to share some good news...

1) I came out to my dad (as gay, in case you didn't know) and he is being super amazeballs about it. He was the main person I still needed to come out to so I'm also now out publicly. Had so much love and support, it's really made me happy. It's also lifted my anxiety and depression a fair bit. God is good! :love:

2) I just made it through my first week of an actual job :eek:

3) I've forgotten what else I was going to say.

Love to all :grouphugs:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mazzini)

1) I came out to my dad (as gay, in case you didn't know) and he is being super amazeballs about it. He was the main person I still needed to come out to so I'm also now out publicly. Had so much love and support, it's really made me happy. It's also lifted my anxiety and depression a fair bit. God is good! :love:

Yaaaaaaaaay on all counts. Soooo proud of you :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pride
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Butterfly9595)
Is there anyone here who didn't grow up as a Christian, but became a believer later on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you want to talk to a Christian who wasn't brought up in a Christian home, or were you just wondering how many people are in that situation.
Pride
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AshEntropy)
Lord of the Flies? I don't get it
Butterfly9595
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pride)
Did you want to talk to a Christian who wasn't brought up in a Christian home, or were you just wondering how many people are in that situation.
I'm more curious as to numbers but it'd be cool to chat to someone in a similar situation (I'm still not 100% if that makes sense)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Slipandsquirm
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Went to the unbelievable conference today, and one talk was on the museum of the bible opening in Washington next year:

https://www.museumofthebible.org/traveling-exhibits

Even the videos tours don't do it justice. The president was here and explained the changing murals of Christian art on the LCD ceiling, the extensive manuscript collection and partnership with Cambridge and Oxford research programs and the interactive exhibitions for all levels of interest.

It has floors on the history, narrative and impact of the bible.

The hope is to have one on every continent, London is being considered! The company has now linked with bible gateway and has started establishing school programs in tel aviv and the USA. It's mission statement is to being the bible back to the centre of conversation and it really has the plan to do so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Racoon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Slipandsquirm)
Went to the unbelievable conference today, and one talk was on the museum of the bible opening in Washington next year:

Even the videos tours don't do it justice. The president was here and explained the changing murals of Christian art on the LCD ceiling, the extensive manuscript collection and partnership with Cambridge and Oxford research programs and the interactive exhibitions for all levels of interest.

The hope is to have one on every continent, London is being considered! The company has now linked with bible gateway and has started establishing school programs in tel aviv and the USA. It's mission statement is to being the bible back to the centre of conversation and it really has the plan to do so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds great!
Racoon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What an example to us all.

A Finchley Synagogue has opened its doors, for the past 3 years, to the Muslims of a local mosque which was burnt down. They meet together, share friendship and eat meals together,

Warmed my heart.

(Its the one Sadiq Khan visited.

http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/...ity-relations/)
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Racoon)

A Finchley Synagogue has opened its doors, for the past 3 years, to the Muslims of a local mosque which was burnt down. They meet together, share friendship and eat meals together,

Warmed my heart.

I was wondering why he was celebrating iftar in a synagogue Thanks for explaining!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pride
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Slipandsquirm)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh that's exciting. I'm all for interesting ways of evangelising and just getting people talking about Jesus, scripture, history. Sounds great.

Have you heard about the life-sized ark 'Answers in Genesis' are making in America, copying the measurements of Noah's ark as described in the bible. I think that would be really interesting to see in the UK. Or something else biblical.

I'm more curious as to numbers but it'd be cool to chat to someone in a similar situation (I'm still not 100% if that makes sense)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you in that situation. I know a number of people irl, but not really on TSR to be honest. Their experiences are always fascinating.
Butterfly9595
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pride)
Are you in that situation. I know a number of people irl, but not really on TSR to be honest. Their experiences are always fascinating.
Yeah I am, and finding other experiences helpful in understanding a bit more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Diety
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is there anyone here who didn't grow up as a Christian, but became a believer later on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, I think I was summoned

I'm one of those who grew up non-Christian (in an atheist family in my case) but became a believer later, and I know a few others who've been on the same journey happy to talk about it if you'd like
Diety
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mazzini)

Wohoooo!! nice one Mazz!!!
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Diety)
Wohoooo!! nice one Mazz!!!
It's a Diety!

Now there's someone I've not seen around for a while.
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Racoon)

Warmed my heart.

Thanks for sharing that, lovely to read:ninja:
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by getfunky!)
Thanks for sharing that, lovely to read:ninja:
:creep:
brent_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Diety)

I'm one of those who grew up non-Christian (in an atheist family in my case) but became a believer later, and I know a few others who've been on the same journey happy to talk about it if you'd like
Hi Diety!

I would love to learn from your experience and encounter with God! I've got friends who are atheists, but I don't want to shove "religion" down their throats. I want to approach them and share the gospel in a polite way.
You might have shared your story here and if you wouldn't mind, I would love to read it. Do you have a link where I can read about your story?

Blessings,
Brent
Butterfly9595
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Diety)

Will pm you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Racoon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One of my favs at the mo

I don't know about you but I'm always running to God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f3sNiYpuF4

Racoon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh and this one, freely YOU gave it all or us, surrendered your love upon the cross...
great is the love poured out for all this is our God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT6czqPgJ5s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads