Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    seems like everyone on my timeline is convinced they've already signed fabregas, including pool fans lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    More likely to join United or City do you reckon?

Don't believe anything about his future has been decided, but the tabloids write that Barcelona would be keen to sell him to City in order to make them willing to sell Kun.

Think he'd prefer Arsenal over other PL clubs but perhaps that's overestimating his loyalty, so who knows.

ReputationRep:
    Think it's between Arsenal and City

Cesc wont play for Utd, especially with no CL footie

ReputationRep:
    wish him all the best at city

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Sky disagree...
    Whilst a reliable source it's not to say they've been right 100% of the time. Until Cesc him self mentions anything recently about wanting to come back to Arsenal I don't see it happening really

(Original post by qua)
    Bartomeu said nobody will be sold unless they request it. Doesn't mean anything as obviously, some players will definitely leave, and if you compare what he said about Cesc ("we won't sell anybody unless they request it") with what he said about others ("Mascherano/Xavi are indespensable, they're key figures"), it gives you an idea. Still, whatever those Sky "sources" know, highly doubt it comes from the club but perhaps from Cesc himself. Seems like Luis Enrique isn't that keen on him, so perhaps he has decided to leave on his own.

The reported €30M b/o fee is bs though, it will -from what the Spanish press has said when he was signed- only be ~ €30m for AFC, and only if Barcelona accept offers from other clubs that are higher than the initial transfer fee of €36m first. So if e.g. United come in with a €40m offer that Barcelona accept, AFC can buy Cesc for a lower fee, allegedly €30m. If not, then the fee is up for negotiation. So there's no immediate buy-out clause, at least no source in Spain claims that (or there is one, but it is much closer to a three-digit number). Either way, AFC would get 50% of the profit that Barcelona make from selling him.

Funnily enough, rumour has it that Cesc bought a house in Manchester last month...

Same credibility of rumour which said Drmic was house shopping in London?

Edit : last I checked they were unwilling to sell him but I've just checked back and all of a sudden rumours are heating up again?

ReputationRep:
    Cesc with city is just scary... their team does not need to get any stronger..

if that is going to happen, then it would be pretty unforgivably if arsene did not do all he possibly could to make him come back to arsenal..

Stops a rival strengthening, and provides depth/must needed World class big game talent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Cesc with city is just scary... their team does not need to get any stronger..

if that is going to happen, then it would be pretty unforgivably if arsene did not do all he possibly could to make him come back to arsenal..

Stops a rival strengthening, and provides depth/must needed World class big game talent
    We're basically in an inverse RVP situation. If we don't take him back and he goes to City we'll gift them the league next year.

ReputationRep:
    We're basically in an inverse RVP situation. If we don't take him back and he goes to City we'll gift them the league next year.
    pretty much.. no defense saying he is not needed will work for me.. any team would benifit from more WC players,

ReputationRep:
    Oh cesc we love you....

ReputationRep:
    Cesc isn't a must, but if he wants to come back then Wenger sign him straight away. I really hope Madrid buy another striker, so Benzema can come to us. But I'm only dreaming

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really hope Madrid sign Suarez. Then you can get Benzema, and Liverpool, well they just got Lambert so everyone should be happy. :lol:

Yeah I know, not going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    I swear to god. If I see cesc in any other shirt but the Arsenal one in the premier league next season, it'll be the first time in over 7/8 years I'll cry. It'll be the most painful tranfer, and it'll just kill me.

For those of you saying we don't need him, ofcourse we do. Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey & Wilshere have all been injured this season. Who wouldn't want world class depth in midfield? £30m is nothing for cesc, given that Liverpool are tryna spend £25m on lallana.

Cesc is a gooner, he doesn't belong anywhere other than Arsenal or barca. Him coming would really lift us and would definately be the start of something big.

It would absolutely make my summer if we sign him.

It'll give everyone a chance to rest because everyone knows that here in the BPL, we play more games than we need to.. With the third domestic cup & champs league and what not. We have the money, this needs to happen.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be ridiculous he wouldn't even be in their best 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    Cesc isn't a must, but if he wants to come back then Wenger sign him straight away. I really hope Madrid buy another striker, so Benzema can come to us. But I'm only dreaming

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh the better situation would be if Madrid bought Aguero

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRYL)
    Cesc isn't priority, he's a luxury. I'm reliably informed that, Arsene will not bid for Cesc unless another club comes in for him. Man City are said to be interested in him.

Arsenal are currently in talks with a CF.
    you've got resources in spain too? me too man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    you've got resources in spain too? me too man
    I've got resources in germany.

ReputationRep:
    "reliably informed" by whom? You know Arsene and Gazidis?

We don't need Cesc. We have Santi, Ozil and Jack can play in that position playmaker position. And Ramsey, Diaby (injuries notwithstanding), Flamini, Jack, can play the box to box role. Cesc did say he'd only come back to us, but then footballers say **** they don't mean all the time. I wouldn't hate him if he played for City or United or Chelsea next season, at the least he's smart enough not to rubbish the club like RVP did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I swear to god. If I see cesc in any other shirt but the Arsenal one in the premier league next season, it'll be the first time in over 7/8 years I'll cry. It'll be the most painful tranfer, and it'll just kill me.

For those of you saying we don't need him, ofcourse we do. Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey & Wilshere have all been injured this season. Who wouldn't want world class depth in midfield? £30m is nothing for cesc, given that Liverpool are tryna spend £25m on lallana.

Cesc is a gooner, he doesn't belong anywhere other than Arsenal or barca. Him coming would really lift us and would definately be the start of something big.

It would absolutely make my summer if we sign him.

It'll give everyone a chance to rest because everyone knows that here in the BPL, we play more games than we need to.. With the third domestic cup & champs league and what not. We have the money, this needs to happen.
    Cesc is a legend but Santi IMO is better. Has a better work rate and more balls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlisomes)
    Cesc is a legend but Santi IMO is better. Has a better work rate and more balls.
    You're highly likely to be the only one of 7 billion plus people that holds this opinion. Santi's work rate is absolutely shocking and is laughable to suggest he has balls let alone say he has more balls than anyone. I like him but he is a luxury player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlisomes)
    Haha... :facepalm:

That's why Santi will be warming the bench for Cesc in the WC. Santi played really well yesterday and I like him but Cesc is far superior.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.