The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6160
Original post by katbob
Look at India and Pakistan... they all used to one.
India an Pakistan were only ever a single entity under the British Empire. They were made up of a collection of independent (and often warring) states before that. Partition was partly to create a Muslim homeland, resulting in an artificially created state based on religious principles which led to discrimination and persecution of minorities.
Sound familiar?

Look at Turkey, Iran, Iraq.... they all used to one.
Only after they had been conquered by the Ottoman Empire. Before Islamic expansionism, they were made up of independent states
Original post by cake_lover
Care to elaborate??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ever seen a picture of that guy Hamas?
Yes i do, Israel does not have the right to exist, its very existence has came about with genocide and corruption. Their interests are based upon the oppression of the Palestinian people and toward the avoidance of international law.
I do but at the same time I don't want to due to Jerusalem and it's significance in Islam.
Israel (pbuh) was one of the greatest Prophets ever to walk on earth. So no Muslim can hate him or his descendants

As for the modern pseudo-nation of Israel, it does have the right to exist and so does Palestine. I don't hate an entire nation
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6165
Original post by RoyalBlue7
As for the modern pseudo-nation of Israel, it does have the right to exist and so does Palestine. I don't hate an entire nation
Very reasonable. There's clearly hope for you yet!
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Ever seen a picture of that guy Hamas?

Had to look at my initial post. Their*

Better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katbob
Don't be daft love.. the very existence of Israel is stupid. Lets not quarrel amongst ourselves as the enemy is indeed cunning... Look at India and Pakistan... Look at Turkey, Iran, Iraq.... they all used to one. Its divide and conquer in war. its harsh :frown: but true :smile: don't ever lose hope though. Your Masjid Al Aqsa still stands does it not?! x

I think you misunderstand me lol. I'm calling Israel's actions stupid :tongue:

Might've been the way I typed it, apologies.
Original post by zedeneye1
what's your view on the 16% of Israel that is muslim ? Must be hypocrites for living in and recognizing the state of Israel....

No, I can understand their position. I can't moan at them for living inside Israel, is it their fault that Israel took over the land of their fathers? Where do they move to exactly? To the "Palestinian" areas which are being filled with more settlements... How do they restart their livelihoods etc...? It's not easy.

The only Israeli Muslims who are hypocrites, are the ones who choose to fight in IDF and those who support Israel.
Original post by IdeasForLife
No, I can understand their position. I can't moan at them for living inside Israel, is it their fault that Israel took over the land of their fathers? Where do they move to exactly? To the "Palestinian" areas which are being filled with more settlements... How do they restart their livelihoods etc...? It's not easy.

The only Israeli Muslims who are hypocrites, are the ones who choose to fight in IDF and those who support Israel.

But Israel has conscription.
Original post by zedeneye1
But Israel has conscription.

Muslim Arab citizens are exempt from it(look it up).
Original post by IdeasForLife
Muslim Arab citizens are exempt from it(look it up).

ur rite just chked....:biggrin:
I don't hate Israel, I hate the Israeli government and the Israeli army who are killing the innocent Muslims. There are good people in Israel I'm sure and I wish the Israelis and the Muslims lived together in harmony like in the past.
The Israeli government yes. The people not necessarily.
I don't remember the exact link but there was a poll done, and I believe over 90% of Israeli's claim they were happy with Benjamin Netenyahu leadership.
I strongly dislike the Israeli government.
Then again i am slightly biased(Lebanese.)
I hate Israel because of their oppression of Palestinians. Many are quick to fire back statements such as 'Israel has the right to exist' or 'Israel has the right to defend itself'. Do Palestinians not have the right to exist? Or the right to defend themselves?

Seems not as the Israeli government are looking to introduce new laws to make Palestinians second-class citizens.
The limitless laws introduced to imprison Palestinians is unreal. Recently, a bill was passed that would put stone throwers in jail for up to 20 years.

Israel has literally chewed on international laws and spat them out. If they wanted peace, the exponential growth of settlements would halt and they wouldn't be introducing laws that are anti-peace.
Original post by RoyalMarine
Hamas exists because Israel has denied the right to Palestine to exist and to have its own armed forces. Without Hamas Palestinians would be the only population with no defence.

Tbh, I find it hard to disagree with this:

[video="youtube;YF7BmxVUGgA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF7BmxVUGgA[/video]

Though Hamas has became something terrible over the years. It is no longer this (violent) protest group. And in my eyes, both Hamas, and Israel are as bad as each other. I think that perhaps, if Hamas stuck to their original ideals, then the world might actually support them...

Definitely. At least Hamas these days doesnt play victim. Theyre pretty "out there" with "We bombed you because we hate you"

(Definitely not condoning Hamas btw)
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd question the humanity of anyone, Muslim or otherwise, who was sufficiently informed of and still agreed with Israel's oppression of the Palestinians.
Original post by QE2
India an Pakistan were only ever a single entity under the British Empire. They were made up of a collection of independent (and often warring) states before that. Partition was partly to create a Muslim homeland, resulting in an artificially created state based on religious principles which led to discrimination and persecution of minorities.
Sound familiar?

Only after they had been conquered by the Ottoman Empire. Before Islamic expansionism, they were made up of independent states

Blah blah blah...

The World Wars finished Ottoman Empire :biggrin: you better check yourself before you wreck yourself lol

Latest

Trending

Trending