The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emily941
do you think that, if someone rejects his offer for jpm, they would return to applicants they have rejected?

No, not applicants that have been rejected. A number of applicants are kept 'on hold' post-interview/tests if their application has been strong but not outstanding. When spaces free up these are looked over again - this is likely the situation of most who 'haven't heard back' post-interview when there have been both offers and rejections received.

Similarly they may not have filled all spaces yet and if the final round of interviewees isn't particularly strong they will interview more of those on hold after application/tests.
Hi,
I know this is really stupid but I've done a mistake. I've applied for GIR (GS) but I actually wanted to apply for PWM. :biggrin: I just checked my application and have found this stupid mistake....
Is it possible to write HR an email explaining this and asking if they would be so kind to switch me to PWM? Or should I just leave it? :biggrin:
Thanks for every advice! :smile:
I know I should have checked everything before sending it away... stupid me! :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Londongirl1995
Hi,
I know this is really stupid but I've done a mistake. I've applied for GIR (GS) but I actually wanted to apply for PWM. :biggrin: I just checked my application and have found this stupid mistake....
Is it possible to write HR an email explaining this and asking if they would be so kind to switch me to PWM? Or should I just leave it? :biggrin:
I know I should have checked everything before sending it away... stupid me! :frown:

I wouldn't do it as far as I'm concerned, if you did such a mistake and you bring that to their attention is not really good. I'd say just roll with it.
Original post by Londongirl1995
Hi,

Presumably your cover letter talks about PWM then? In which case they'll probably notice themselves but I'd get in touch to make sure. No point in rolling it and being put in a division you're not interested in, plus the interview will be tougher and you'll have to lie :wink:
Original post by Emily941
do you think that, if someone rejects his offer for jpm, they would return to applicants they have rejected?

Unfortunately not. Usually these firms hold reserve applications for such instances.
Finally something for UBS horizons, even if it is just the essay stage
Same here, got the UBS Horizons email right now!
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Haha at least yours is under consideration. But to be fair I submitted my application in January.

Study Law at Durham University, gap year xp in Markets at a BB, summer PB internship at a BB pre uni and some law work experience.

I am not really optimistic now though... Seems like a lot of people have had GS interviews already.

Most people are getting interviews and offers for divisions such as IBD, Securities and Operations...I believe they haven't started recruiting for Investment and Private Wealth Management yet.

Anyways, fingers crossed and hope we'll both make it.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
They have given final round interviews already (it's interviews this year). Some people got final round interview invite about 3 days after their first round. It's been over a month for me :lol:

I did my first phone interview last monday, got an email for final round 1/2 hours later. Final round tomorrow 27/01/15
Got through the essay stage of UBS Horizons as well!
Anyone have MS final round tips / what they asked you?
Anticipating moves from hsbc and Barclays now, been a while since interviews
Original post by forgottenfortune
Anyone have MS final round tips / what they asked you?

My second interviewer asked me: "Are you successful?". Generally speaking, be ready for literally anything...
Original post by paradeplatz
My second interviewer asked me: "Are you successful?". Generally speaking, be ready for literally anything...

Haha, not a bad question though to be fair - a chance to show off

Did they ask any technical questions? and what level of insight is expected?
How hard are MS interviews?
Reply 6175
Selected for the essay stage of UBS Horizons as well, deadline is the 04 of February 2015 and then I will have a Phone Interview the 16 th if the essay is successful.
The horizons email says the next stage is telephone int whereas the website says ac, which would you believe?
Reply 6177
I guess the email gives a more truthful information... Maybe the AC will be after the Phone Int !
Reply 6178
Just done my GS interview with securities. To people who did it today, how did you find it?
Reply 6179
Original post by ermine
Just done my GS interview with securities. To people who did it today, how did you find it?

Toughest interview yet, but nothing extremely difficult..

Latest

Trending

Trending