Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hope Tuchel has his stick ready to chastise those **** ups. Almost 0-2 and no real threat to Liverpool due to no pass reaching its destination and the few chances being wasted so badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    The atmosphere inside that stadium is brilliant. Among the best I've ever seen.

Can you imagine being there right now?
    meh, I think drums ruin atmosphere, it just turns into one long drone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    meh, I think drums ruin atmosphere, it just turns into one long drone.
    Yeah an atmosphere should relentless chants

**** drums and those clappy things that Leicester use

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I take it back - Klopp is a genius (re Origi).

Shame he didn't have the quality to score from the second chance..

Going to be a long 45 more minutes. Not sure we can keep a clean sheet. Sakho, Lovren and Mignolet all doing well.
    It's a shame but in fairness he's making the runs and he's had a phenomenal game. Who says Sturridge would've even made the runs or held the ball up to create those chances?

Even without the goal, he has been outstanding. His pace and strength are great and he isn't scared to go in for a header. Lovely football.

Sakho and Lovren have both made world class blocks. We rode our luck; both teams could've scored a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdef-)
    Hope Tuchel has his stick ready to chastise those **** ups. Almost 0-2 and no real threat to Liverpool due to no pass reaching its destination and the few chances being wasted so badly.
    I do think you're criticising your players quite a lot.

You definitely could've taken a few chances better but you've created a huge amount.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    It's a shame but in fairness he's making the runs and he's had a phenomenal game. Who says Sturridge would've even made the runs or held the ball up to create those chances?

Even without the goal, he has been outstanding. His pace and strength are great and he isn't scared to go in for a header. Lovely football.

Sakho and Lovren have both made world class blocks. We rode our luck; both teams could've scored a few.
    Yea he's doing well but I don't think Coutinho or Lallana have been involved enough as they would with Sturridge.

He won't last 90 minutes so we'll see Sturridge on for a bit.

This game is now making me feel tense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I do think you're criticising your players quite a lot.

You definitely could've taken a few chances better but you've created a huge amount.
    Just haven't seen such a display of failure in months. I'm still quite positive in regard to the final outcome but they've messed up a lot of chances they normally would have scored. It's just the first half and Liverpool have done a superb job in nearly every regard.

Let's hope for an exciting second half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdef-)
    Just haven't seen such a display of failure in months. I'm still quite positive in regard to the final outcome but they've messed up a lot of chances they normally would have scored. It's just the first half and Liverpool have done a superb job in nearly every regard.

Let's hope for an exciting second half.
    We certainly won't hold out in this way for another 45 minutes. We've been lucky and you have been wasteful at times.

We need to score another, perhaps on the counter like we almost did at the end of the first half. It'll be a good second half.

ReputationRep:
    Great stuff.

Commentators picking up on us being sloppy out of the back but a) that happens in every game, b) even more so against pressing teams. The only difference is Dortmund occasionally looking lightning once they do recover it.

Main failure of the half is to press forwards whenever Hummels has the ball. He's too good for us to even try to press him, the midfielders get caught in no man's land. Henderson was especially culpable, Milner too at times. Can also needlessly pressing. That number 10 space where Mkhi gets on the ball, occasionally Reus, is going to damage us if we keep it up. We should still press in numbers but not recklessly, one man always staying deep.

Henderson hasn't been poor but I think Allen could be an upgrade.

ReputationRep:
    Well it was good while it lasted.

ReputationRep:
    1-1 Hummels

Dominant header. Not sure we could do anything about that to be honest, although you'd expect one of our CBs to be marking him.

ReputationRep:
    Lovely set of saves from Weidenfeller.

Excellent play, we're really responding well to conceding. Just a shame we couldn't score there.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what it is about Liverpool and big games, but you should have scored at least 3 goals already. Dortmund fortunate to still be in the tie.

ReputationRep:
    Should bring Sturridge or Firmino on for the last 20.

ReputationRep:
    Durm really doesn't do enough in that role, not covering enough ground for me and doesnt offer too much either side of the pitch, glad hes off. Would have just taken a risk on Kagawa and played him through the middle with Mikhy on the wing from the start. Bender getting taken advantage of by Origi r.i.p.

ReputationRep:
    Allen does his role so well. Wins the ball back a stupidly high amount and he's so calm in possession.

Really hope he stays because he's such a handy player to have on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    Moreno is ****ing stupid at times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Moreno is ****ing stupid
    I don't think that last bit was needed...

ReputationRep:
    Mkhitaryan has been absolutely exceptional tonight. Screw Aubameyang and Reus, that man has been running at our defenders and running the show for Dortmund.

Aside from that, we have been absolutely exceptional defensively. So compact, so disciplined and in particular the midfielders have been chipping in and contributing. Getting legs in and just nicking it off Dortmund. Really good night for the lads and 1-1 is a great result.

ReputationRep:
    Thought we acquitted ourselves well today.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.