Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would one person be allowed to independently stand in the HOC (Here).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I suspect most wouldn't to minimise disruption, and in that case it's a shame they don't make it clear, could have been at the pub instead of twiddling my thumbs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some schools have policy's not to let students do it but whenever I finish early I do just tell teh invidulators I want to leave and get let out. It depends more on how longs left. If you only have 10 mins left I doubt they would but if you have half an hour with nothing to do you're in with a good shot.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    Would one person be allowed to independently stand in the HOC (Here).
    Yes, but aren't you a liberal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yes, but aren't you a liberal?
    Oh yeah, just a general query.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Oh yeah, just a general query.
    Well I'm an indie now and will be staying so for the considerable future.

ReputationRep:
    So how does one do it? Can they form their own party?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    If i were to explain why it would take 5 hours to write and it would take up 3 posts.
    Yea don't bother, I don't really care about your reasons. I was asking cranbrook because from a leftist point of view I think it is a huge tactical error to vote out (despite all the faults of the EU)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)
    Yea don't bother, I don't really care about your reasons. I was asking cranbrook because from a leftist point of view I think it is a huge tactical error to vote out (despite all the faults of the EU)
    Are you one of these people then that believes the left will never win an election and so screw democracy? That line of argument?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    4th vote leave email today, this one being BoJo, from remain: three, including the "we're scared of the rain" one

Only one text though, and remain don't even have my number

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you one of these people then that believes the left will never win an election and so screw democracy? That line of argument?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No not at all, I'm confident Labour will in 2020 if Corbyn remains leader.

But it's funny that you're trying to imply that this country is democratic in the first place.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    No... You just stand as an independent. barnetlad is the most active MP with experience of being an independent MP.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't really like democracy, only.when it suits you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)
    No not at all, I'm confident Labour will in 2020 if Corbyn remains leader.

But it's funny that you're trying to imply that this country is democratic in the first place.
    So what even is the argument, but then if you're mad enough to think Corbyn can win 2020...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I feel left out with no e-mails or texts.

ReputationRep:
    4th vote leave email today, this one being BoJo, from remain: three, including the "we're scared of the rain" ome

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well if you had been in the same rain as I was earlier you'd be scared of it. Bone dry to soaked through with a windbreaker on within second, was so bad the tube station was flooded and the main route from south to north ruislip only accessible if you drove a range rover, worse rain in my part of London in years.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe how many brexiters genuinely believed the pencil MI5 story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You need to have several people interested in joining before you can get it set up.

ReputationRep:
    So what even is the argument, but then if you're mad enough to think Corbyn can win 2020...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It will take a while to explain so I'm not going to bother when I don't care about your opinion. I'll discuss it with cranbrook if/when he responds.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Well if you had been in the same rain as I was earlier you'd be scared of it. Bone dry to soaked through with a windbreaker on within second, was so bad the tube station was flooded and the main route from south to north ruislip only accessible if you drove a range rover, worse rain in my part of London in years.
    My mate living there managed just fine, for freedom!

(Original post by cBay)
    It will take a while to explain so I'm not going to bother when I don't care about your opinion. I'll discuss it with cranbrook if/when he responds.
    How enlightening

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    You need to have several people interested in joining before you can get it set up.
    Thank you
    (Original post by Aph)
    No... You just stand as an independent. barnetlad is the most active MP with experience of being an independent MP.
    Thank you!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.