The Student Room Group

OCR 2010 A2 Biology Unit 2 - Control, Genome and Environment

Scroll to see replies

ibysaiyan
I am in the same situation,three papers. 14 total in june. :wink: woot!

:eek: Wow good luck with that! I only have 3 :woo:
student92
Just gotta learn about the wheat plant, then finished Mod 1, half way through Mod. 2 and still got 3 and 4 to go... niccce :biggrin:

I just learned about the wheat today :smile:

Triticum aestivum is the artifically selected modern bread wheat consisting of the genotype AuAuBBDD. Both domesticated and wild wheat have contributed to this genotype. Wild wheats are diploid, and grasses can undergo polyploidy to hold more chromosomes within their nucleus. The resulting bread wheat is hexapolid 6n=48:biggrin:

First Wild Einkorn is domesticated by changing phenotype but not chromosome number to Einkorn-AuAu. This is bred with wild grass BB to from a sterile hybrid AuB. This undergos a mutation to double chromosome number AuAuBB.
This is then crossed with goat grass DD
Another sterile hybrid is produced of AuBD
Another mutation occurs to double chormosome number. To become AuAuBBDD---> Modern wheat! :smile:

I remembered...cool!

That was revision well done :smile: :smile: :smile:
:moo:
buyingtheticket
:eek: Wow good luck with that! I only have 3 :woo:

Hah thanks and you too. Yep gonna nail each of them hard!!!
ViolinGirl

Triticum aestivum is the artifically selected modern bread wheat consisting of the genotype AuAuBBDD. Both domesticated and wild wheat have contributed to this genotype. Wild wheats are diploid, and grasses can undergo polyploidy to hold more chromosomes within their nucleus. The resulting bread wheat is hexapolid 6n=48:biggrin:

First Wild Einkorn is domesticated by changing phenotype but not chromosome number to Einkorn-AuAu. This is bred with wild grass BB to from a sterile hybrid AuB. This undergos a mutation to double chromosome number AuAuBB.
Another mutation occurs to double chormosome number. To become AuAuBBDD---> Modern wheat! :smile:

I remembered...cool!

strange mary jones book doesnt mention anything about it at all.

well Done: Fatality! =}
ViolinGirl

I remembered...cool!

Impressive! Soo looking forward to learning that tomorrow :P
Anyone else using the OCR F215 book written by Richard Fosbery - www.amazon.co.uk/OCR-A2-Biology-Control-Environment/dp/0340958146
student92
Anyone else using the OCR F215 book written by Richard Fosbery - www.amazon.co.uk/OCR-A2-Biology-Control-Environment/dp/0340958146

Mary jones here...
ibysaiyan
Mary jones here...

:ditto: :five:
ViolinGirl

First Wild Einkorn is domesticated by changing phenotype but not chromosome number to Einkorn-AuAu. This is bred with wild grass BB to from a sterile hybrid AuB. This undergoes a mutation to double chromosome number AuAuBB.

I remembered...cool!

Sorry this is off the top of my head, but is it not 42? Cause I thought n was 7, not 8

Apart from that it's all right :smile:
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Sorry this is off the top of my head, but is it not 42? Cause I thought n was 7, not 8

Apart from that it's all right :smile:

Oops. Yes, thats just me being silly 7x8 =42 NOT 48 :p:

Ok. I don't even know what i'm typing anymore!

haha. I meant 7 x 6 =42! XD

Revision is making me tired...
ViolinGirl
Oops. Yes, thats just me being silly 7x8 =42 NOT 48 :p:

Ok. I don't even know what i'm typing anymore!

haha. I meant 7 x 6 =42! XD

Revision is making me tired...

:lol: 7x8=42

make sure you take a break though you don't want to burn yourself:rofl:
nuttygirl
:ditto: :five:

Hey =}
ibysaiyan
Hey =}

Hellooo :wavey: How are you finding the last unit then?
nuttygirl
Hellooo :wavey: How are you finding the last unit then?

Not hard. =} apart from genetics which i didn't have a clue about earlier but got it sorted during easter, you?
ibysaiyan
Not hard. =} apart from genetics which i didn't have a clue about earlier but got it sorted during easter, you?

Nice! :woo:
Bad :sad: But there's still a while to go, so hopefully lots of revision and this thread should help :biggrin:
ibysaiyan

Not hard you say :eek:
Stop scaring me...
nuttygirl
Nice! :woo:
Bad :sad: But there's still a while to go, so hopefully lots of revision and this thread should help :biggrin:

Well seeing that i have 14 exams in june :rolleyes:.Why whats bad about genetics :s-smilie: ? yes this thread will help us for sure. =)
ViolinGirl
Not hard you say :eek:
Stop scaring me...

Booo :O
ibysaiyan
Well seeing that i have 14 exams in june :rolleyes:.Why whats bad about genetics :s-smilie: ? yes this thread will help us for sure. =)

:eek3: that's a lot! i only have 4 :p:
all of bio is hard :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending