Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The big wikileaks thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    :confused:

Dont worry about it man.

In other news

"Mr Assange offered the police testimony and questioning when he was in Sweden, but they declined.
    He asked the prosecutors permission to leave the country, and got it.
    So why this now??
    Why not just hold the questioning in a UK police station, over a video link as is done in so many other cases??
    Why could not the Swedish police fly over and get the questioning done?
    I don't think Mr. Assange would disagree with this, especially not since he gave himself up the moment the correct paperwork was issued, and walked into a UK police station...

I think this is becoming more of a persecution, than prosecution, especially since there are indications in the current police reports in Sweden, that the accusations may be false.

Also remember that they have yet to charge him with anything - all it is as of now, is a warrant for questioning - and Sweden do have a history of renditions, for which they have even been convicted in the EU courts."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    do explain?
    Watch this :

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/i...dens-bodyguard

ReputationRep:
    I cant watch it cus im not in the UK ..sucks meeehnnn

did they release him on bail now did they get the 200grand in cash?

ReputationRep:
      Great new story re Sweden.

WikiLeaks: Swedish government 'hid' anti-terror operations with America from Parliament

Well, isn't this beautiful. Swedish authorities insisting on dirty operations with the Americans be kept informal in order to keep them secret. What does this say about the Swedish government?

Full article here

(Original post by blueray)
      did they release him on bail now did they get the 200grand in cash?
      i) He cannot walk free until the Swedish appeal is defeated. They are in court tomorrow re this issue.

ii) They haven't secured £200,000 in cash yet. They have promises to pay - but converting that to cash (court refused cheques) takes time.

Once i & ii are met - he will be free to live under effective house-arrest.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jakemittle)
      I cant watch it cus im not in the UK ..sucks meeehnnn
      You can use a UK based proxy.

ReputationRep:
      #TeamAnon ftw

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by G8D)
      Where is this 'team' ****e coming from lol.
      Do you even know what Anonymous is?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by G8D)
      Yes, I've never seen it called "Team" until your post in the Wikirebels thread.
      Oh, you haven't? Well that's what they're all calling it on IRC, and it's on various websites.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MoanyLisa)
      ^ Calm down ladies
      Sorry mum

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CombineHarvester)
      You can use a UK based proxy.
      Explain please?

ReputationRep:
      Google it. You find a UK proxy (an intermediary) so it'll connect to the website via a UK internet IP and it'll think you're visiting the website from the UK.

ReputationRep:
      It seems that the UK opposed the bail of Assange and NOT Sweden!

Interesting

ReputationRep:
      "One of the conditions for the original bail, granted on Tuesday, is Assange reporting to a police station in Bungay, Suffolk, every day at 6pm.

It turns out that there isn't a police station in Bungay and the nearest police station is Beccles – which is only open between 2pm and 5pm and closed over much of Christmas."

600 acre land on with a mansion on it? WOooooohoooo! At least he will have a good place to stay in instead of solitary confinement!

ReputationRep:
        I can't understand why the bail money is so high

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by F i s)
        I can't understand why the bail money is so high
        Probably because it's become something of a media frenzy.

(Original post by TravelGuru)
          cuz they want him to become poor but hes got too many people to help him out!

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by TravelGuru)
          He's a political prisoner and everyone knows it. This country is supposed to have one of the best justice systems in the world.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by F i s)
          He's a political prisoner and everyone knows it. This country is supposed to have one of the best justice systems in the world.
          Very true.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
        Useful resources
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.