Turn on thread page Beta

Kindle and other E-book readers discussion. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    I don't have both however my housemate does so i have experienced both. Tablets like PCs are generally backlit which is what causes the eye strain where as a kindle using E-Ink and so the strain is similar to reading a book. I struggle to read books on my Ipod which is essentially a smaller Ipad as i strain my eyes if you're purely wanting an E-reader get a Kindle, if you want to do other stuff but not as much reading get a tablet.
    The latest kindle now has an inbuilt light with an e-ink display so its great for reading in any lighting conditions and easy on the eye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cardiff Kook)
    Thanks, that's good to know.

For those who have a kindle and tablet -is reading from a tablet like reading from a computer? I'm trying to avoid headaches & eyestrain.
    I have a couple of kindles and a tablet and the kindle beats the tablet hands down for reading. Using the kindle is incredibly comfortable, just like reading a book. I can read on my kindle for hours, whereas I start to get eyestrain and a headache if I read for longer than 20 minutes on my tablet.

ReputationRep:
    I recently bought a Kobo Touch for £70, which I chose over a Kindle as with the Kobo you can borrow e-books from your local library (ePub format). I think the Kobo has encouraged me to read more than I did with ordinary books!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.