Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "What Film Is This?" Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilyghz)
    No problem! You've got me curious now though as it sounds like something I'd enjoy. I'll try search around for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OMG I'm such an idiot hahah I literally just found it, it's called 'The Lost Room' from 2006. I didn't quite get the story right, my bad. It's about this girl who goes into a room and then the entire room just disappears. But I knew that a father was on this search for his magically disappeared child lol

ReputationRep:
    I watched a horror film when I was really young and it has stayed with me. It goes something like, a doll is fished out of the sea by fishermen? it ends up being given to a family. It is possessed or something. There is a scene where the dad sledgehammers down a brick wall to find his daughter in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridl)
    I watched a horror film when I was really young and it has stayed with me. It goes something like, a doll is fished out of the sea by fishermen? it ends up being given to a family. It is possessed or something. There is a scene where the dad sledgehammers down a brick wall to find his daughter in there.
    Absolutely no clue but I would definitely watch that. I'll try look around!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyFromNY_USA)
    Oooh. I thought this was a game of like, say a quote and the person has to guess the film. Then so on. Aaaaalways disappointments in life. :getmecoat:
    Feel free to make a game like that in the film section.

"Game: What film is this quote from?"

Could be a good success tbh. I'd probably play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridl)
    I think this was an x files episode and it may have been the one written by Stephen king.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ok so there's a film- the guy and girl are lying in bed and he has his eyes closed and says to her stop worrying or something like that and then she says how did you know I was worried you didn't have your eyes open and then he says something se and she hugs him??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bodiniho)
    It's a film where as far as i can remember, 3 (possibly 4) random people awake in a room with one door which is locked. As far as I am aware they have no idea how they got into the room. I think they might be instructed to do some kind of survey, but soon realise they won't make it out alive. I think they might find scratches on the wall saying HELP or something similar... One of them gets shot by another one, and eventually I am fairly sure they all get gased and die.

Please help my memory with what the film was called?!

Thanks!
    saw??

ReputationRep:
    Someone please help me with this:

At the end of the film a man is arrested I think and taken away in a police car, he looks out the window and you see a shocked expression on his face. Then the credits roll, you never discover what he saw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukip72)
    Someone please help me with this:

At the end of the film a man is arrested I think and taken away in a police car, he looks out the window and you see a shocked expression on his face. Then the credits roll, you never discover what he saw.
    Do you remember to what genre the film belonged to? Horror / Thriller /Action / Drama...? Might help your search

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaderosellixo)
    ok so there's a film- the guy and girl are lying in bed and he has his eyes closed and says to her stop worrying or something like that and then she says how did you know I was worried you didn't have your eyes open and then he says something se and she hugs him??
    I'm pretty sure that's from an episode of One Tree Hill, not a movie

It's called 'The wind that blew my heart away', Season 3 Episode 13:
    http://fyeahonetreehill.tumblr.com/p...athan-whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonfire_heart)
    Do you remember to what genre the film belonged to? Horror / Thriller /Action / Drama...? Might help your search
    Nope, no idea I just remember the ending, must have seen it years ago. This is driving me mad.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I wonder if anyone could help me find a film I watched years ago.

Anyway, this is what I remember:

- It was a Rom com/comedy movie.

- I think it was about a knight (probably this one)/highlander and he finds himself transported to modern day New York city.

- He meets this modern day woman and they fall in love. Possibly, the woman looks similar to a woman he knew from his own time but idk.

- There's a scene where they're walking in Central Park.

- The woman either may/may not have a small kid.

- umm, it's probably a 80s/90s Hollywood movie (99% sure about this).

Sorry for this vague description.

Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocfudge)
    Hi,

- I think it was about a knight (probably this one)/highlander and he finds himself transported to modern day New York city.

- He meets this modern day woman and they fall in love. Possibly, the woman looks similar to a woman he knew from his own time but idk.

Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could it be 'Just visiting' from 2001?

ReputationRep:
    Could it be 'Just visiting' from 2001?
    Nope. That's set in Chicago. I definitely remember the film I'm looking for in a NY setting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope. That's set in Chicago. I definitely remember the film I'm looking for in a NY setting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right..Kate & Leopold from 2001?

ReputationRep:
    Right..Kate & Leopold from 2001?
    YES! Thank you, that's the one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    YES! Thank you, that's the one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem, glad to help funny how this specific time travel seemed to be the topic of many 2001 films :medieval::top2:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know what you're on about, I just can't place it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No problem, glad to help funny how this specific time travel seemed to be the topic of many 2001 films :medieval::top2:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I know what you're on about, I just can't place it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Feel free to make a game like that in the film section.

"Game: What film is this quote from?"

Could be a good success tbh. I'd probably play.
    So would I

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.