University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread Watch

turboweevil
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by zoeclarex)
anyone know when those with unconditional offers will hear back? x
This caused lot's of panic last yearr, people thinking they'd ran out of rooms etc :P

basically, those with unconditionals will get offers of accom first and the rest will get them after you get your results. Unfortunately, this can take anywhere from a day to more than a month. they guarantee to get you a room though as they've got plenty of emergency accom rooms to spare and those rooms aren't even bad, you get a full kitchen :P
zoeclarex
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by turboweevil)
This caused lot's of panic last yearr, people thinking they'd ran out of rooms etc :P

basically, those with unconditionals will get offers of accom first and the rest will get them after you get your results. Unfortunately, this can take anywhere from a day to more than a month. they guarantee to get you a room though as they've got plenty of emergency accom rooms to spare and those rooms aren't even bad, you get a full kitchen :P
hahaha, im not panicking! just curious, i want to find out where im livingg. im so impatient! x
Gobble11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by niksta)
Hey maybe vine court? It's new and ensuite, and it's got bars etc as well. self catered rooms are £120. What are you going to study?
yeah i was thinking about there!! it sounds really nice!

Does the city campus tend to be less sociable than elsewhere though?
Gobble11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by niksta)
What are you going to study?
and I'm hoping to do Classical Studies
SilverstarDJ
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Majority of places are catered so you can put it down as your first choice, but unless your an unconditional (you get first pick if you are) than don't put your hopes on self catered too high (many private halls could take you in for SC and en suite, albeit at a more expensive price though). I'm in prospect point which is SC and en suite and is a lovely place to live. Not quite as many people per corridor as some of those off campus so perhaps less "sociable" but that is more to do with your neighbours rather than accommodation, though I felt off-campus people got to know more people quicker.
niksta
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gobble11)
yeah i was thinking about there!! it sounds really nice!

Does the city campus tend to be less sociable than elsewhere though?
apparently they are, but vine court is going to be all 1st years, and so i'm guessing really social
Shabba101
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone actually from Liverpool, or is it just me?
Shabba101
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why is everyone saying that campus halls are unsociable? They're closer to all the clubs.
Literally hundreds of clubs a walk down the road.
LOVE liverpool nights out!
sconter
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Shabba101)
Why is everyone saying that campus halls are unsociable? They're closer to all the clubs.
Literally hundreds of clubs a walk down the road.
LOVE liverpool nights out!
i think its more to do with the people than the geography. you do on campus because u know it's quiet and i dont want to go out as much.
Shabba101
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sconter)
i think its more to do with the people than the geography. you do on campus because u know it's quiet and i dont want to go out as much.
But arent the campus halls right near the university?
i'm choosing campus halls because i want to be closer to the clubs so i can go out more and im right in the centre of the city to enjoy everything!

Liverpools dangerous at night so i wouldnt fancy living off campus!
sconter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
But arent the campus halls right near the university?
i'm choosing campus halls because i want to be closer to the clubs so i can go out more and im right in the centre of the city to enjoy everything!

Liverpools dangerous at night so i wouldnt fancy living off campus!
its hardly dangerous at night ha.

people go out more who live in off campus accom. they arent exactly far from the city centre.
rooneysdaman
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Where is everybody getting their information on Vine Court, particularly about pricing? I can't see anything on the website except 'TBC' and I didn't see anywhere that it's going to be all First Years........
niksta
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rooneysdaman)
Where is everybody getting their information on Vine Court, particularly about pricing? I can't see anything on the website except 'TBC' and I didn't see anywhere that it's going to be all First Years........
Accommodation open day
zoeclarex
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rooneysdaman)
They did have prices up on their website not long ago, but now its gone back to TBC.. Vine court ranges from £120 - £170 i think per week x
Shabba101
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
its hardly dangerous at night ha.

people go out more who live in off campus accom. they arent exactly far from the city centre.
Yes it is. 'ha'
I live in Liverpool.
sconter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes it is. 'ha'
I live in Liverpool.
coolio, so u know its no a dangerous place then.
laurennmc
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm from near Liverpool, the Wirral
Shabba101
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
coolio, so u know its no a dangerous place then.

Your saying Kensington isnt dangerous? Get a grip haha. And the two gangs on sefton park.
sconter
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Your saying Kensington isnt dangerous? Get a grip haha. And the two gangs on sefton park.
which makes liverpool a dangerous place?
Shabba101
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
which makes liverpool a dangerous place?
The recent shootings and stabbings perhaps? You only have to drive through it to realise its a rough place. 60% of the houses are boarded up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.93%
No - but I will (98)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (601)
47.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise