Football forum changes. Add your suggestions. Watch

ahq
Badges: 15
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kevmeister)
There was an England one, I thought it went into the sub forum though?

Re last point - the UFT is being pointed to as the place to discuss the smaller pl games. We have WC qualifiers soon and a separate thread would make referencing previous results/talking points and so forth easier. Just my two cents. :yy:
My memory seems to have gone a bit fuzzy. :o: I definitely created an England Thread for the Euros, but I'm not sure if an existing thread was merged into it. I'll see if I can double check - it's probably worth having an England Thread around.

Hmm, that's a good point. I'll wait and see what Mm` has to say about it as well, but it sounds like it could work. :top:
Mastermind`
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Ultimate England Thread still exists.

The Ultimate Internationals Thread would be a good idea. :yy:
R-KAM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abiraleft)
Done this now; thanks. :top:

It's a good idea in principle, but as mr tim said, it hasn't really worked in the past. :no: The Ultimate Football Thread would probably currently be the best place to discuss games that don't have a match thread to themselves, yes. But it might be worth having a think regarding how to get around the problem you've highlighted - thanks for the suggestion! :yy: :holmes:
Celtic forum I use just has a "Weekend Match Thread" and a "Weekday Match Thread" (the OPs go into a lot of effort listing all the games etc and channels, that's not necessarily required however.) for all discussions of games people watch. Works really well for anything not Celtic related as most people watch the same games on TV anyway.

Also cheers for the reasoning of the Spanish thing.

But Spain is still in Europe :fuhrer:
SneakyDoug
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Tactics thread? (Sorry if this has been mentioned) Like anaylising pre game and post game about matches and players perhaps?
jilebinator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We should only have match threads for big games. It's annoying going to a different thread for each game.

Also, would like to know the rules on posting stream links?
Mastermind`
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SneakyDoug)
Tactics thread? (Sorry if this has been mentioned) Like anaylising pre game and post game about matches and players perhaps?
If it's a 'big' game then I guess the match threads are more suitable for that. If you're thinking of discussing trends or something more general then feel free to create a thread.

(Original post by jilebinator)
We should only have match threads for big games. It's annoying going to a different thread for each game.

Also, would like to know the rules on posting stream links?
Match threads are mostly for big games, but we generally don't begrudge someone creating one even for a small-ish fixture if it involves one of the well-represented clubs on here. It may be annoying but it's just to make the forum more inclusive.

Stream links are illegal and they're against the rules.
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The coloured titles have disappeared?

Racist. :beard:
R-KAM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Madness :fuhrer:

I WANT MY COLOUR.
ahq
Report 6 years ago
The coloured titles have disappeared?

Racist. :beard:
(Original post by R-KAM)
Madness :fuhrer:

I WANT MY COLOUR.
The design of the site is changing very soon, and we've been asked to take the colours away. :p: (I think there's a general blog-post about the changes somewhere that I can't access at the moment because of my internet acting up; I'll see if I can get that down here...)
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The design of the site is changing very soon, and we've been asked to take the colours away. :p: (I think there's a general blog-post about the changes somewhere that I can't access at the moment because of my internet acting up; I'll see if I can get that down here...)

We should have been consulted, and warned about this change!

Also, could you do something with the footballer v footballer thread? Its a mess.
ahq
Report 6 years ago

We should have been consulted, and warned about this change!
Not really my jurisdiction. :dontknow: But I'm sure the design team will have us happy with it in the end.

Also, could you do something with the footballer v footballer thread? Its a mess.
Hopefully sorted, thanks. :top:
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not really my jurisdiction. :dontknow: But I'm sure the design team will have us happy with it in the end.
Comment was very much tongue-in-cheek. :yy:
ahq
Report 6 years ago
Comment was very much tongue-in-cheek. :yy:
I know. :p: Still seemed like an appropriate general response. :getmecoat:

Regarding the upcoming changes, there was this blog post, albeit from a while back - things have moved on a bit since then - and also this comment from Captain Jack about some of the changes. :yy:
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Ultimate international thread went down very well....

Can I ask about posting Sulia links? Not sure if this is the right place, though. Is it ok to post them, given that people benefit directly from clicking the links? Just not sure how right it is, if you know what I mean.
ahq
Report 6 years ago

Can I ask about posting Sulia links? Not sure if this is the right place, though. Is it ok to post them, given that people benefit directly from clicking the links? Just not sure how right it is, if you know what I mean.
I'll make sure and get back to you. :yy:
ahq
Report 6 years ago

Nope, I've been told that it wouldn't be fine to post them on TSR. :no:
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nope, I've been told that it wouldn't be fine to post them on TSR. :no:
You may want to say this is in the Arsenal thread, they're frequently used in there. :yy:
ahq
Report 6 years ago
You may want to say this is in the Arsenal thread, they're frequently used in there. :yy:
Done so; thanks!
Boner in joggers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What's the issue with sulia links?
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What are sulia links?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads