Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Bad pictures. I feel pity for Syrians, especially for children. How far Assad wants to go? What can be done to stop this horrible actions? Who want to do anything? questions upon questions when I watch the video...
    Its a very sad time, not just for the syrians but for the whole world who has just stood silently watching...as more blood is lost! It is all clear now that we just talk the talk we pretend we are a democratic country and we support freedom when we deprive others from it and we watch it been stolen from others.

Bashar is prepared to go as far it he wants go, he is prepared to kill the 23 million people in syria if that means staying in power...thats his words not mine. He said he will burn the place he will sit the middle ease on fire, which is exactly whats happening right now, all the arab countries are a mess...he is crazy but he has plans, big plans to destroy syria which seem to be working no problem. We allowed him to get to where he is now but not stopping him we gave him the green light to have a license to kill any muslim syrian...walking down the street.

What happened to hitler? I dont know...we are standing by because we really dont care...

There is many ways you can help. If you happen to have a MIG I suggest you bring him down asap there is no other way!

They tried protesting for 2 years, hasnt worked and I actually dont think they should have kept going for 2 years they should have changed their strategy after he started firing at unarmed protesters. They should have taken it to the next level, it would have saved many lives and limited the damage in syria. But what do I know, they know best...when your in it its different than just a spectator suggesting what to do which is what we all are!

I salute them for their bravery for their courage for their resilience, they are truly special!

They are on their own and they are still standing...after more than 2 years

ReputationRep:
    I think he's been used by Russia. My friends and I have the same view. It's the proxy war. White House and Kremlin are behind the conflict.

ReputationRep:
    The best man in Syria? I beg to differ! thousands of innocent women, children, old people and men are dying needlessly from this conflict. Not to mention the recent use of chemicals! millions of orphan children made refugee in neighboring countries. Please tell me if that is right?! What is the UN doing? waiting for Bashar al kalb to give permission for them to enter in order for them to able to investigate the usage of chemical weapons. This is not a civil war but a mass killing oppression of the middle eastern countries!

It's not that the middle east are un-capable of democracy but, Is the west ready for democracy in the middle east.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #afital)
    The best man in Syria? I beg to differ! thousands of innocent women, children, old people and men are dying needlessly from this conflict. Not to mention the recent use of chemicals! millions of orphan children made refugee in neighboring countries. Please tell me if that is right?! What is the UN doing? waiting for Bashar al kalb to give permission for them to enter in order for them to able to investigate the usage of chemical weapons. This is not a civil war but a mass killing oppression of the middle eastern countries!

It's not that the middle east are un-capable of democracy but, Is the west ready for democracy in the middle east.
    I couldn't agree more.

I have a feeling this is not going to resolve just like that, the only people capable of ending this is the syrians themselves, but again they have nothing so you may say how the hell are they meant to bring down one of the biggest terrorists in the world? The west are not going to solve this, never have never will! They start the fire and then they sit back and watch what happens (Obama and Mr Hague!)

It is hard but they need to understand that no one is going to help them, no west no UN no nothing, so they are all on their own and just how they managed to stand in his face for 2 years they just need that wee bit extra to topple him over. That's all is needed. The quicker they do that the more lives saved. The longer this takes, I am afraid bashar is going to continue slaughtering because no one is stopping him so he doesn't care, he knows all the leaders are behind him (even if they come out publicly saying the famous line "bashar must go!! its not the same what goes behind the scene) That's politics for you, lack of humanity!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23827950

Medecins Sans Frontieres says hospitals it supports in Syria treated about 3,600 patients with "neurotoxic symptoms", of whom 355 have died.
    It said the patients had arrived in three hospitals in the Damascus governorate on 21 August - when opposition activists say chemical attacks were launched against rebels.MSF says staff at the hospitals described a large number of patients arriving with symptoms including convulsions, extreme salivation, contracted pupils and sight and respiratory problems.
    The charity said many were treated with atropine, a drug administered to those with "neurotoxic symptoms".
    MSF says that while it cannot scientifically confirm the cause of the symptoms, they "strongly suggest" the use of a "neurotoxic agent".

Starting to seem more and more likely that someone is chucking around chemical weapons and I'm not really sure how the rebels could pull off an attack this size nor the rationale for such a thing.

ReputationRep:
    Curious to see that the US has stepped up its naval presence in the Mediterranean. I'm not entirely sure what it is they're expecting to do; I've seen talk of cruise missile strikes against targets in Syria, but I hope they would have a plan beyond "let's just bomb a couple of targets to make a point." Could it be preparation for a potential strike against chemical weapons depots? I can see many issues with that plan already.

I want to see the West doing far more to ease this crisis - there's many non-military options we can further explore - but I'm not convinced that arbitrarily sending warships into the area will achieve an awful lot.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Blue Meltwater)
    Curious to see that the US has stepped up its naval presence in the Mediterranean. I'm not entirely sure what it is they're expecting to do; I've seen talk of cruise missile strikes against targets in Syria, but I hope they would have a plan beyond "let's just bomb a couple of targets to make a point." Could it be preparation for a potential strike against chemical weapons depots? I can see many issues with that plan already.

I want to see the West doing far more to ease this crisis - there's many non-military options we can further explore - but I'm not convinced that arbitrarily sending warships into the area will achieve an awful lot.
    The US likes to be prepared. Having the military units there allows the military to give options to Obama. Secondly it sends a message to Assad that if he did carry out this attack then he better reconsider doing it again.

I doubt the US will take action unless complete proof comes out that Assad launched this chemical attack though and even then it will have to be through the UN which Russia will no doubt block.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that the rebels were fully capable of this.

ReputationRep:
    The US will never take action! How long has it been talking about taking actions if he crosses the red line how many red line has he crossed? how many lines are left? They just talk the talk to shut people up to tell the syrians look we gonna scare bashar, but the syrians are far more clever than that, they have realised who is their enemies and who actually wants their best interest....not many!

The only way US intervenes is when the rebels win and catch bashar al assad, when its all over, when victory is near, they might step in so they can get a piece of the cake...am afraid thats not how it works, dear Obama! You dont get your hands dirty in the beginning you got no say in syrias future. Which is a very stupid action by Obama, I mean they want to decide who is the leader who comes after bashar, well this is your opportunity, you need to side them before you even think about deciding their future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    you clearly have a think grasp of both the fundamentals of secularism, and the politics of Syria. Either that, or you think sprinkling the word 'secular' in your posts dresses-up Assad as some liberal? or faintly gives you an air of lofty sagacity? Or all?
    You proclaim to not being "an Assad fanboy" but actively take steps to ensure his dictatorial rule is cemented. Do you really think you can oppose al-Assad and fascism with your simpering and etiolated gestures of some incondite version of liberalism?
    And only a libertarian could proudly cheerlead Ron Paul by defending al-Assad. It's almost like you're urinating on your libertarian ideals and values ...
    I'm not a libertarian neither do I know what the **** it is I'm guessing it's all that egalitarian bull**** and no I can't be bothered to "wiki" it.

I just like a place where people can get on with each other and that's what happens in Syria just like in Britain where the Sunnis, Shiites, Druze, Alawites, Christians -esp. Coptics-, Jews and many other sects get along. Which happened before the war.

(Original post by Ama2007)
    The syrians have given up on the UN long ago!

...it is as if the UN is saying "we will just sit here and watch you die..we will wait until no syrian is left in syria and then when only bashar and his pro-asses are left they will say now lets sit on the table and discuss what we will do! :rolleyes:

They have become a laughing stock!

everyone knows the games they play now...they might have to change a wee bit to keep their credibility but in the end it doesnt matter what they do, because sadly they have the power and they are deciding who lives and who dies...put in simple terms!

If they dont like the syrian revolution = let them die
    if they dont like how arab countries have finally voted for their own leader and have moved forward = lets ruin it for them (send AG, and MIG to support the coup)

They are a bunch of sickos who get paid to just sit about and faff around!!!

Good point!

Thats exactly why there is a genocide in syria...to protect the israels he kills 200,000..
    Dont underestimate the love of israel by the world (USA, and most arab leaders) Go read some history books and you will find out exactly what am talking about, this did not just happen over night

Thank god there are still some sane people on here!
    You're not sane - you're a takfirist sympathizer.
    "GENOCIDE OF 200,000 ALL CHILDREN AND WOMEN! KILL ASSAD NAU!!!!111".

Lay off the hard white.

(Original post by skunkboy)
    I think he's been used by Russia. My friends and I have the same view. It's the proxy war. White House and Kremlin are behind the conflict.
    So, it has absolutely nothing to do with al-Assad's dictatorship, or the protest for more democratic change?

This is a classic case of the racism of low expectations.

Bashar and israel are lovers under the table!
    You're clearly either very ill-informed ... or harbour some latent anti-semitism (the sort of person who sees Israeli and Jewish machination behind every disaster), or conceivably both?

I frequent another website on international events with a userbase that is slightly, shall I say, more cerebral. I was discussing Syria with an eccentric chap who is convinced it's all about some oil pipeline deal ... but his screed is by comparatively scholarly against yours.

ReputationRep:
    So, it has absolutely nothing to do with al-Assad's dictatorship, or the protest for more democratic change?

This is a classic case of the racism of low expectations.
    No there's no democratic change. Just Sheikh's spouting out ignorant Wahhabi Islam out to their people and deluding them into trying to turn Syria into the an Islam Caliphate.
    Best thing about it it's being supported by the Western media that's why you get BBC news telling you just how "evil" Assad is and his soldiers rape and murder every living thing.

ReputationRep:
    You're clearly either very ill-informed ... or harbour some latent anti-semitism (the sort of person who sees Israeli and Jewish machination behind every disaster), or conceivably both?

I frequent another website on international events with a userbase that is slightly, shall I say, more cerebral. I was discussing Syria with an eccentric chap who is convinced it's all about some oil pipeline deal ... but his screed is by comparatively scholarly against yours.
    lol so now your a psychologist :rolleyes: at least now I know who to go to :cool:

I dont need to prove to you my knowledge of syria and the fact that I knew about syria long before you even formed an opinion. You can be the arrogant one and pretend you know everything, thats fine with me. But at least I dont pretend I know everything.

One thing for sure, Israel and Hafez were best buddies long before you and I existed. It stretches a while back..I suggest you find any history book, I am not going to suggest any specific one, you can choose wisely I presume? and it will tell you exactly what happened between Hafez and the Israel's (note I am talking about the israels here, i dont give a damn about what the jews get up to) There was a treaty formed between Hafez and Israel signed and has never been broken, yet!

If you haven't heard of it, it doesnt mean it didn't happen? unless you pretend to be the know it all type in which case I excuse you.

Believe or not, makes no difference to me, but denying it happened just because you never hear of it...is not very clever, am afraid!

Your opinion stays your opinion and so does mine. Facts will remain facts, neither you or I can change them.

(Original post by iSoftie)
    No there's no democratic change. Just Sheikh's spouting out ignorant Wahhabi Islam out to their people and deluding them into trying to turn Syria into the an Islam Caliphate.
    Best thing about it it's being supported by the Western media that's why you get BBC news telling you just how "evil" Assad is and his soldiers rape and murder every living thing.

What's going on in the Middle East is really confusing and idiots like Ama2007 and Al-Mudaari are just a bunch of ignorant and militant Sunnis.
    It's not that complicated at all. Three things happened today of note:

1. Syria agreed to let the United Nations inspect the site of a suspected chemical weapons attack from Monday but a U.S. official said any such offer would be "too late to be credible" and there was little doubt the government was to blame.

2. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Sunday the US military was ready to take action against the Syrian regime if ordered, but stressed that Washington was still evaluating claims of a chemical weapons attack.

3. Iran on Sunday warned the United States against crossing the "red line" on Syria, saying it would have "severe consequences", according to the Fars news agency.

Only the delusional Chomskian-left, at this point, can deny that chemical weapon were used by the Syrian regime against civilians in that incident ...

But at least I dont pretend I know everything.
    Having read your blathering, that would be wise.

Curious incident:

Snipers shot at United Nations experts Monday forcing them to pull back from an attempt to investigate a chemical weapons attack near Damascus, a spokesman said. No injuries were reported when the first vehicle in a UN convoy was hit as it headed for Ghouta, east of the Syrian capital, but the team had to head back toward their base, said UN spokesman Martin Nesirky.
    It's time for a No-Fly-Zone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish)
    You think Assad, who funds and equips Hezbollah, is protecting Israel's safety? This would be the same Assad whose weapons Israel has attacked and destroyed?

I can't make out most of the rest of what you're trying to say about 'boarders' and 'Qunaitra' and 'the CNN news strip,' but come on.

Hezbollah and is a something like the Al Qaeda terrorists, they are funded by there so called " enemies " and its a huge series of events which is planned for.

Just because you dont know where Qunaitra is and its geological reference to Israel isnt my problem.

and what i ment was the main stream media ( like CNN and such ) are bias and tell the story in their own way to their own advantage.

ReputationRep:
    Good point!

Thats exactly why there is a genocide in syria...to protect the israels he kills 200,000..
    Dont underestimate the love of israel by the world (USA, and most arab leaders) Go read some history books and you will find out exactly what am talking about, this did not just happen over night

Thank god there are still some sane people on here!
    thats only part of a more complicated agenda that i may not even comprehend.

its amazing how things seems, and how they are really.

especially in the middle east

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moe.habibi)
    thats only part of a more complicated agenda that i may not even comprehend.

its amazing how things seems, and how they are really.

especially in the middle east
    How true that is! This diagram really shows just how much of a mess the whole situation is:

Name:  BSm0bOBCYAAAph6.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  326.3 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.