Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieWalden)
    Hey everyone. Could someone compose a list of what to go over for tomorrows exam?
    What exam's tomorrow ?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)
    I have my biology tomorrow (IGCSE Edexcel)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieWalden)
    I have my biology tomorrow (IGCSE Edexcel)
    You my friend..are in the wrong place. Okbye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)

Haha i love the way you used the ?!?!?!
    as my reaction was the exact same!
    I thought Unit 5 was tomorrow all of a sudden and i was gonna start having a panic attack :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)
    I mentioned carbon sinks,
    Microorganisms respiring the dead organic material also releasing Co2...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohkay
    I really I picked up all the marks on that questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)
    Something about midrib and lamina's.....
    I'm not sure if i'm right, but I put something about the thin lamina helping quicker diffusion of CO2 and then something about transporting carbohydrates to different parts of the plant for the mid rib

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HQazi)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Lamina contains chlorophyll right? There storma where LIR takes place? Therefore would make glucose from GALP....
    And the midrib would carry minerals from the soil? Which maybe used up? I'm not sure if they are right but I think that's what I wrote

For the lamina I pretty much just mentioned the light independent stage and chlorophyll and for the midrib vessels I spoke about the gas exchange of oxygen and CO2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamcarey)
    For the lamina I pretty much just mentioned the light independent stage and chlorophyll and for the midrib vessels I spoke about the gas exchange of oxygen and CO2

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I did not mention any gas exchange fir midrib. Oh well
    Btw, do you happen to have unit 5 jan 2013 paper and ms?

ReputationRep:
    I talked about short diffusion distance? cause it's thin? :L lawwwl,

And the fact that it had vessels so xylem carried water and nutrients.

For question 5 though omg!!!!

totally messed up on triplet, degenerate, non-overlapping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HQazi)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I did not mention any gas exchange fir midrib. Oh well
    Btw, do you happen to have unit 5 jan 2013 paper and ms?

here you go
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf 6BI05_01_que_20130121.pdf (733.5 KB, 208 views)
  2. File Type: pdf 6BI05_01_rms_20130307.pdf (143.2 KB, 135 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yarshad)
    here you go

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
    *thumbs up*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedgirl22)
    Haha i love the way you used the ?!?!?!
    as my reaction was the exact same!
    I thought Unit 5 was tomorrow all of a sudden and i was gonna start having a panic attack :P
    Haha yes, I thought he was referring to Unit 5.
    I was scrambling through my table to find my exam timetable, just to check if it was true.

And yes, that was a panic attack, I am no where near ready for this. All revision will begin after Core 3 and Physics G495 tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C94)
    Haha yes, I thought he was referring to Unit 5.
    I was scrambling through my table to find my exam timetable, just to check if it was true.

And yes, that was a panic attack, I am no where near ready for this. All revision will begin after Core 3 and Physics G495 tomorrow.
    haha
    i've done no revision whatsoever for Unit 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwob)
    I remember doing a past paper and there was the same question for two marks - two of the marks were 1) skin acts as a physical barrier and 2) skin flora outcompetes pathogenic bacteria for nutrients/space/etc. There will probably be other points to get marks like others have mentioned, you have most likely got 2/2 marks on that question though I reckon.
    Oh I said Epidermis is made out of keratin, blocking the entry to pathogenic micro-organisms because it forms a physical barrier.

I forgot about skin flora.

ReputationRep:
    For the S T and U question I said that S and T must be viral enzymes needed for the synthesis of capsids and other viral proteins. This is because an enzyme's shape and structure is specific to its function (a function we as human's do not need) and so the virus must produce these enzymes before we can host the synthesis of their proteins.

It made sense to me at the time - even though i think i was blagging it slightly what do u guys think?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Can someone put an mark scheme together for this paper please, as very confused, or does anyone have a copy of this exam paper ? And good luck to all for unit 5 on Monday - also have psychology on same day which doesn't help :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alia223)
    A students! What's the secret to getting an A?
    2 Large energy drinks..stay awake all night before the exam. That is only if u want an A*...

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember what the third question in the biology paper was? Did it ask how to investigate using frame quadrats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAG167)
    Can anyone remember what the third question in the biology paper was? Did it ask how to investigate using frame quadrats?

Yeah I think so, and it had the table about moisture, light and direction I think

ReputationRep:
    The question about why the virus can not cause disease if it gets into the blood was because the blood does not have enzymes required to digest the capsid/ coat

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.